AMS2 1hr GT1 @ Suzuka, Thursday 16th February

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
i enjoyed the combo
sorry for the bad crash in lap 3 or so. Looking at replay i think it was just a racing incident with the few cars in front getting tangled up for a while. I was focusing on getting a good exit to overtake them on the straight. So by the time i was well on the power, didnt see how the cars in front were actually still slowing down behind the first car that was trying to regain traction.
With better awareness i think i would have just gone all the way down the inside though to avoid it

Last edited:
Well that was a fun race. I had a bad start off the line and dropped to 4th, but there was space into T1, so I just went up the inside of everyone and came out of T2 in 1st. Pulled away pretty quickly somehow, and soon started to work out what fuel saving I needed to do. Had to aim for 6.25L/lap, which was made difficult by the first few laps being on high engine modes and flat out. Eventually I ended up in a good rhythm of lifting and coasting into T1, T8, T11, T13 and T16. @Lizard77 came close, but he soon pitted quite early. @Stefan Hiller caught up as well, but even when I was at crazy fuel saving mode, he couldn't get by and soon pitted at about 33 minutes to go. I had two last laps of real major fuel saving and managed to come in after 16 laps and just after the 30 minute mark. Then it was a case of drive for 15 laps a little bit faster and wait for everyone else to pit and go behind me. After that it was a calm run to the end where I finished 10s in the lead after only 1-stopping the race!

Thank you very much for the great race. I got away very well with my CLK and made up two places. Unfortunately there were slight touches in the first corner (sorry who I touched) I was able to hold second place until the tenth lap, unfortunately my strategy was designed for 2 stops and I finished fourth.

Hi All, sorry for the tardiness with the results. I had been a bit under the weather....

Thanks everyone for the race. Had really good fun in these cars, but we are going to move on to something a bit more modern next week. I'll probably put the event up tomorrow morning now.
Hope you're feeling better again Scott, what's up for next Thursday?
Just curious :cool:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies