1958 LeMans skinpack

Skins 1958 LeMans skinpack 2018-02-23

Login or Register an account to download this content
As I say, too bad there's no plausible version of the Sarthe circuit, circa 1958, but there is Dr. M@buse's version of Sebring where most of these cars also competed. True, it's the modern layout (the 1958 layout was gone by 1982), but the current layout retains much of the flavour of the original.

P.S. I couldn't get the Maser 300S to work (it's a very old mod), but the Ferrari 250 TR (which finished Sebring 1-2 in '58) d/l okay, as did the Lotus 11, a real version of which finished fourth in '58. (A Porsche 718 RSK was third that year.)

Edit: Also tested the D-Type @ Sebring (where it never would've succeeded: too bumpy for that live-axle car). Drives great. The BOP among these cars is all out of whack, however: the Ferrari is way too slow; the D-Type is way too fast. I know that's not what you're 'selling,' but suffice it to say, your skins are first rate, and, as a vintage enthusiast, I really appreciate your period-correct json files, Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi All.
Does anybody know if there are newer versions of the Aston Dbr1 , Maserati 300, Lotus 11
as these mods don't work. Many thanks. First 2 cars don't work on acceleration/ gears.
Lotus crashes game.

Hi All.
Does anybody know if there are newer versions of the Aston Dbr1 , Maserati 300, Lotus 11
as these mods don't work. Many thanks. First 2 cars don't work on acceleration/ gears.
Lotus crashes game.

As stated above, I couldn't get the Maser 300S to work, nor could I find another iteration anywhere on the Web. I thought I saw a 450S somewhere on the Web, but couldn't find it again. I had no probs with the D-Type (even the external sound works...and sounds like a Straight Six). Nor with the Lotus 11 nor the Porsches. I tried the DBR1 some time ago, but discarded it as implausible.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will try downloading the lotus again perhaps it got corrupted.
I was wrong about the XJ13 subbing for the 300S; it's much too fast (as it should be; it's almost ten years newer), but right about the DBR1; it's almost undriveable (as is the 250TR). The best cars in this bunch are the D-Type and the Lotus 11; both are sublime. Kunos' Porsche 718 drives well; the third-party 550RS sounds great (stereo! a rarity in mods), but it's just too slow.

Is it known whether the authors of these mods allow fixing them and reuploading them, with good credit given of course?

This looks great. Would be a shame to let it go to waste unless that is what the author wants.

I was wrong about the XJ13 subbing for the 300S; it's much too fast (as it should be; it's almost ten years newer), but right about the DBR1; it's almost undriveable (as is the 250TR). The best cars in this bunch are the D-Type and the Lotus 11; both are sublime. Kunos' Porsche 718 drives well; the third-party 550RS sounds great (stereo! a rarity in mods), but it's just too slow.

@Kenny 134: I found a ver of the Maser 300S online that seems to work...but now I can't remember where (nor how I even found it). The filename is "Maserati 300S for AC 1.10.2" if you want to try for yourself. I have to say it isn't worth it. It looks great and the sound isn't half bad, but it has zero grip and is at least the slowest car of the bunch. (I wish someone would undertake the 450S - now there was one hairy motorcar!)

And re the Lotus 11: True dat - no exterior sound...and I have no idea how to "borrow" the sound from the Lotus 25. Aren't the sfx files encrypted?

Last edited:
Great mod, as you all say a shame the physics are out of whack with each other but could be a great little series if they were tweaked! I managed to get them all working first time, strange compared to everyone else.

hi,thanks for the skins and cars,it's a awesome classic mod,i built a championship and noticed a couple of problems:
ferrari is too slow
jaguar is too fast,,even with handicaps
the ferrari 250 TR does not have any mirror!
does anybody have link of a hotfix at list of the ferrari please?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 54 28.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 35 18.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.7%