rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
One thing to add to Daimans note above.
Lap 1.
Please remember that you will have cold tyres and brakes and full fuel.

Many a race is ruined (for self and others) by not making an allowance for this in your choice of brake marker or choice whether a move is on or not.
Please dont base your braking point on something thats moving (like another car). Know where your normal spot is to brake and add 5 - 10 metres for these factors.

Which brings me to moves.The guy in front outqualified you so has some idea what he is doing relatively speaking. Maybe he has got his brake marker spot on and a late braking move from you will not work.

At this track in equal cars a move won't often be "on" in the opening laps unless someone makes a mistake.
You are more likely to be in good shape if you just keep it safe and survive lap 1 without errors. You may indeed pass 6-8 cars who didnt read this and head into the scenery with any victims.

then you have 90 mins of racing to enjoy.
Please show respect is all we ask.
Cheers

Parc Ferme Rules
Just to reiterate: In qualification you can change whatever you want until you do your first timed lap.
After your first timed lap, you can only change tires.
You can also not trick the system by pitting in qualification to refuel again ;)

All other settings (like fuel level) will stay the same until the start of the race (you will start with the depleted fuel level!)
Example:
If you end qualy with 53l, then you will start the race with 53l.

In the race session you can do your normal pit stops whenever you want.

Sorry if that caused any confusion :)

Last edited:
Well, I made my application two days ago but I haven´,t received the confirmation yet so I wonder if I will be able to join the server and participate. I have some friends participating today so it would be a shame for me not to take part in this event, which seems to be very exciting.

I hope you will let me participate... :)

I hope you will let me participate... :)

Hi, sorry probably nothing I can do as I don't have the permission for that. Also asked other staff members, but they either have already left for today or don't have permission either
I tagged Bram now, maybe he will return in time - still 30min left :)

Rfactor Just crashed when the server changed session from warmup to race and i couldn't enter to race...
My best time was 2.03.7 and i was doing constant 2.04.xxx during practice... D:

Good luck to all racers!!

@David O'Reilly

GO GO GO: :thumbsup:

3205100_o.gif

Quite an exciting race from my view, overcoming some incidents in the first corner and then sticking to a consistent pace for 45 minutes. Unfortunately I collided with a lapped driver mid-race just before the long back straight and got struck into the wall. I think he could have lifted up the power a little bit since he had got a contact with the wall just a second earlier, so he was clearly outdriving himself at that precise moment.

Nevertheless, it is just a mere racing incident, I would like to think. It's a shame given that I could have scored a big bunch of points or even a podium finish but that's how racing is, sometimes **** happens. No regrets mate!

Had a lot of fun, to bad the race was dominated for me with bad luck otherwise I think I would have been fighting at the front :-D.
At the start I couldn't see the lights, just a sound queue and I think that was a bit off, so lost a lot of places. Then at the second chicane I got attacked by my kitten in irl and went straight :-p.
After that I managed to fight back from 19th to 6th quite fast until I hit an invisible wall 3 times on different places, not sure why that happened.
After that I regained back to 6th again, but when lapping @Andre Gaida he suddenly braked in the racing line so I spun out and ruined my tires :-(.

Nonetheless I had loads and loads of fun, with some really fun battles. Thank you @ all the staff for organizing!!

I did not break suddenly, i reduced the speed for more than 200meter to let you pass because of the blue flag, but you were to fast to get the corner after overtaking me. It was your decision to overtake me before the corner and there was enough space,

Qualy: Got held up so I couldn't nail a perfect lap, wasn't too worried about it as position doesn't matter too much in such a long race.

Race: Poor jump at the lights so lost a spot. Then made a mistake and went off at T1 on lap 2 and lost about 4 spots. Started to feel comfortable here until i felt too comfortable and had a spin at the chase which made me drop back a lot. I managed to put in some consistent laps until i braked way too late coming into the esses and clipped the wall causing some damage. I decided to not pit until my planned pit as it wasn't causing to much harm to my speed. Managed to get into the pits and get the normal pit and repairs out of the way. Then i had the task of chasing down David in his 05 Porsche. Which was going great catching him rather quickly and not chewing into my tyres until i hit an invisible wall coming into the esses which annihilated the car. Once again had to get back to the pits for over a 2min repair and ended up coming back out in 12th. Kevin dropped out leaving me in 11th chasing 10th who was nearly 60s ahead, while being kind of stuck behind p2 man Frederic who was later kind enough to move over for me. I ended up being 7 seconds off p10 so i suppose it wasn't a bad recovery from what could have potentially been a p3-5 finish.

Thanks for the great race organisers!

Thanks @Gijs van Elderen for the support. same to @Frederic Schornstein and @Nicky De Fré for their kind words in the lobby.:)
The race was all I had hoped. It is such a big track for me with all its history and we managed to put the Brock Perkins liveried car on the podium.
The local lad went at it with an international field and converted P13 in quali to P3 in the race and my first RD podium with a full grid. I am so happy to race 32 drivers and get P3.

I didnt dare hope for a podium. I just stuck to my game plan of a 1 stop and keepijng it clean. I had some great battles too.
In the final lap i was passed for P3 in Caltex Chase thats 2 corners from home by the Nissan but I held station on the outside demanding racing room and he spun. I spun onto the pit straight and recovered then he spun again after hitting me. It was like a Stallone Car racing movie. He was backwards a few metres from the line as I crossed.

Thanks to @Dennis Coufal and @Daiman Patel for all their work.

Wow I'm thrilled. Hey I'm no longer crap at this game.

I did not break suddenly, i reduced the speed for more than 200meter to let you pass because of the blue flag, but you were to fast to get the corner after overtaking me. It was your decision to overtake me before the corner and there was enough space,
I looked at the replay man.. You breaked 150 or 200m before the braking zone on the racing line (just watched it). @Frank van Oeveren was on the correct braking spot, but had to go off the brakes to avoid you. You can be lucky, if he doesn't protest you. I certainly will for another incident and I have never protest someone in a club race...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back