rF2 1.2 Hours of Le Mans (LMP1, LMP2, GTE!) - Friday 9th June 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If you want to move me to a class with small entry that's fine with me I just want to race anything with wheels and if you've see my driving without them grin

There are enough people signed up now to run three classes, so I'm happy for people to drive whatever they want to drive, even if you do end up with just one or two people in that class. It creates a good dynamic with traffic in the race which will be an interesting aspect of the race further than just one much faster class. Anybody who is signed up but hasn't chosen a class, I would suggest considering the smallest class if you are undecided.

damn, I didn't have fuel for an extra lap

should have just waited a couple of seconds before the finish so the lmp1's passed me :)

was a good race with @Cosimo , quite similar pace at the end

thanks all!

@Jasje Thanks Jonas, I wondered what happened to you, but yeah, fuel was the only possible explanation. When going back to slicks, I made a good call with the "undercut", but was still tiptoeing around the corners too much. The last few laps were flat out, but you were keeping up nicely.

That was epically good fun lads! The darkness and the rain added another sense of realism to the whole thing :)

I pitted a lap too late on the first stop and lost a good chunk of time during the inlap and thus Edward zoomed past. I chased him (and non-stopping Steve) down and bar some small contact I got past relatively cleanly.
After the rain stopped I pitted a 2nd time for more fuel but mistakenly didnt change tires. At the time the track was still damp and the tires still ok, so I'd rather save the time. In hindsight, that was a mistake as the last 4 laps was driven in bone dry conditions and my tires really started to suffer, especially the rears with temps far above what they were designed for. I tried to nurse them through the faster bits, but still it was impossible to keep the temps below 120 degrees.
Thankfully the race wasnt a lap longer as I think Edward would have caught me by then.
The car was fairly lovely to drive, apart from the aero model which I think is flawed. Very understeery in the high speed stuff and the slipstream was non existant. But the grip and 4WD was excellent, nice and easy to get going out of corners despite the power.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back