1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

On monday I hadc my first race since this patch was released. I had the background graphics disappear on lap 5, really anoying and it allmost made me crash. Never had a graphic issue before.

Radeon 3870 using CAT9.1 on Vista.

Also while doing some racing on public servers I had severe freezes which I never had before...

I've been having similar problems recently too. Even driving (practicing alone) off-line, I keep getting freezes that can last from a couple of seconds up to 2 to 3 minutes. If I wait long enough, the action starts again but my graphics are usually scrambled into a mess. It seems fairly random, but was very bad at Nurburgring GP using a GTC car.
Mine is a rather new system with a NV 9800GT graphics card. (And definitely no overclocking)

Since the patch I've had several minidumps at the point of selecting car. its while the car is trying to draw. Happens with both custom and default skins.

also in game had a couple of major freezes and upon return corrupt graphics.

running with XP on AMD Athlon 3800 x64 with 2Gb ram. GFX is 8600GT 256Mb DDR3 memory.

have dropped gfx from 1680x1050 which was running fine in high down to 1400x900 but looks like i'll need to drop from high to medium or low and see how that goes.

Since the patch I've had several minidumps at the point of selecting car. its while the car is trying to draw. Happens with both custom and default skins.

also in game had a couple of major freezes and upon return corrupt graphics.

running with XP on AMD Athlon 3800 x64 with 2Gb ram. GFX is 8600GT 256Mb DDR3 memory.

have dropped gfx from 1680x1050 which was running fine in high down to 1400x900 but looks like i'll need to drop from high to medium or low and see how that goes.

Is this just when you try and click where the car is drawn?

I got one the other day when clicking that area before the model had managed to load.

I encountered several "freezes" for seconds every few days for no recognizable reason.
The game hangs, sound gets stuck, and after a few seconds, i can drive on (i wreck the car when regaining control nevertheless)... :honk:
Oh, i have not had any problems so far when doing online races:dance2:
I really hope it stays that way!!!

Keith i've been getting occasional freezes aswell,they last for a couple of seconds and then the game returns. I haven't got any tearing when it's came back from the freeze though

I got this the other day practising on my own on a RD Server. It freezes and where it froze thats where it stays when it comes back on. So it froze for like 2 seconds i was still at the same place not 2 secs down the road when it unfroze???

I advise anyone whos on maximum or high settings to drop your settings down, turn shadows on low and draw distance down quite some and see if you get the same problems.

Am current running a 7600GT while my proper video card is in repair, and I could run quite high settings at good FPS ( above 48 ) but was getting bits of jumping and the odd freezes, so I turned everthing on medium, draw distance right down, set everything to high performance in nvidia control panel, turned AA off and well the game run perfect for me in last nights RDGTC race. The first time in a while it's run THAT smooth.

Also try not to run much in the background, turn everything you can off in task manager.

• Jamie Valentine

It could very well be the problem because i recently added the 3rd 280 GTX lastweek, but now I have 2 factors here adding the 3rd video card and the latest GTR Patch, I had no problems running GTR with 2 way SLI but maybe 3 way is a problem..

LOL Now im really stumped :disapointed:

Still no luck running GTR Evo or Race07 threw Steam, they both worked perfectaly fine until Steams last patch or update,
I have uninstalled everything 3 times now and installed it back, and It still just loads to the Simbad Screen and then just shuts my Computer off like you pulled the plug..

I have no problem running RFactor or IRacing or ARCA Sim Racing..

Here are my system specs if this helps figuring it out my problem

OS Vista Ultimate 64bit
CPU Intel X6800 Duel Core
NVidia XFX 790i Ultra MoBo
3 way BFG 280 GTX OC SLI Video cards
8 GiGs Corsair XMS Memory @ 1333
1 WD Raptor 300 GiG Hard Drive
2 150 GiG WD Raptor Hard Drives
Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power Supply
Logitec Z5500 Sound System @ 505 Watts
Viewsonic 28" LCD Monitor 3mil Response Time

• Jamie Valentine

Have you tried going back to your 2way SLI. Does it work then.
Does ofline gtr work??

I doesnt get that far, its just loads to the Simbad Video and shuts down..

Shouldnt GTR handle 3 way SLI, all 3 video card run on the same Drivers 182s, RFactor is years old and run on 3 Way SLI. I would really hope GTR does, I really think its a steam problem..

I might just go buy the CD pack today so I dont have to run threw steam..

Still no luck running GTR Evo or Race07 threw Steam, they both worked perfectaly fine until Steams last patch or update,
I have uninstalled everything 3 times now and installed it back, and It still just loads to the Simbad Screen and then just shuts my Computer off like you pulled the plug..

I have no problem running RFactor or IRacing or ARCA Sim Racing..

Here are my system specs if this helps figuring it out my problem

OS Vista Ultimate 64bit
CPU Intel X6800 Duel Core
NVidia XFX 790i Ultra MoBo
3 way BFG 280 GTX OC SLI Video cards
8 GiGs Corsair XMS Memory @ 1333
1 WD Raptor 300 GiG Hard Drive
2 150 GiG WD Raptor Hard Drives
Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power Supply
Logitec Z5500 Sound System @ 505 Watts
Viewsonic 28" LCD Monitor 3mil Response Time

GTRe fries my GPU and I have had to increase fan speed to keep temperatures down. A sudden shutdown is a sign of a Blue Screen of Death usually caused by a hardware fault or overheating, or in extreme cases not enough power supplied to all components. Best to try with each graphics card alone, if ok try 2 in SLi, if ok try 3 again. Looks to me like power supply problem as 280GTX use huge power so 3 of them will be a big drain.

Hope this is helfull.

• Jamie Valentine

GTRe fries my GPU and I have had to increase fan speed to keep temperatures down. A sudden shutdown is a sign of a Blue Screen of Death usually caused by a hardware fault or overheating, or in extreme cases not enough power supplied to all components. Best to try with each graphics card alone, if ok try 2 in SLi, if ok try 3 again. Looks to me like power supply problem as 280GTX use huge power so 3 of them will be a big drain.

Hope this is helfull.

Its for sure not my PSU at 1600 Watts , also GTR doesnt run long enough to get the Video cards even warmed up :), I click run and it just loads to the Simbad Video screen and then just shuts my PC down like you unpluged it..

Hello, maybe it s the patch, maybe it s a somehow different bug, but it s surely not right: Laptimes below some seconds on nords resulting in negative differences to the pole time.

Does anyone have recognized that as well? And does someone have an explanation for it?

Attachments

• race_steam 2009-02-27 01-48-31-45.jpg
    race_steam 2009-02-27 01-48-31-45.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Jamie Valentine

I installed GTR 2 today from the CD DVD version to see if I had any problems like I do running GTR EVO threw Steam, and GTR2 Runs prefectly using the CD DVD Version, so its defantly something Steam has done to my PC that I cant run GTR Evo or Race 07..

• Jamie Valentine

I got a blue screen just ago :(

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....3.0?SGD=398cf5c0-218c-4ccd-87be-d35d866039e2

Now i get this response when i send the error report to micro$oft. I never even tweaked the settings of my game in the last months.

Bram I got mine running using 16bit color, I have no idea why this happen from Steams last update but it did, I ran before 1920x1200 32bit with no problems.. But give it a try 800x600 16bit then work your way up higher..

How is the TrackIR software communicating with EVO. Does it just wait for the process to end then close its connection to the app or is this done as part of support from within Evo. I don't know much about TrackIR tbh i always assumed it just translated its input to mouse co-ordinates. If its more than that maybe its worth trying to run it without using TrackIR and see if you get the sae results as it might be a regression related to TrackIR support.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 33 47.8%