Sorry, been really busy and I'm actually waiting for our Master Plan from Driven International to commence before creating a new version of the track that will be the true vision of Circuit Hawaii.
However, for now I'll be going in and removing a ton of the background objects like the cars and trees to try and get a more enjoyable frame rate for those of you with lower systems.
This is an update to include the ext_config.ini file for the track that adds grass. The grass is trimmed every Monday. Please drop this into the following folder:
Mahalo for your continued enjoyment! Also check out @buildthetrack and @circuithawaii for information on the real track's progression!
Thanks for enjoying my work! I've gotten some feedback from several people and I've tried to implement a few changes to give a boost in FPS. There's still a ton of optimization that needs to happen for the textures though. but all of this netted some FPS increase.
I would suggest deleting the CH track folder & the CH backgrounds and re-installing if you want it pure.
- Pruned trees to a smaller number to increase FPS.
- Removed all of my pathetic attempts at grass (Ilja has built-in grass coming soon). The track looks much better now.
- Shortened barricades in several places to improve sight lines.
- Removed the middle drag strip barricade for drifting fans.
- Fixed several wall gaps.
- Created ideal_line.ai file to stop early AI pit stops.
- Fixed pits where AI was banging against the entry wall.
- Swapped Paddock/Skidpad area to a much more pleasing texture.
- Redid VAO-patch.
- Removed one background due to being from an older version.
- Included extra cam folder with a few more camera sets useful for viewing the stock car track and overhead. This is in the data folder. Just copy paste.
I will say that I worked especially hard at the camera sets for this track. Hitting F2 and watching the replays is really enjoyable for me as I think I have a good number of different angles to really make it worth it. Try it out!
Thanks for the support! Enjoy!
Just a few tweeks after feedback. It should be good to go now for online:
- Removed author line in ui_track.json - should fix it for non-CM users.
- Surfaces.ini has been added allowing for pit in and pit out with the speed limiter.
- Fixed kerb sounds.
Quick update to fix the track naming issue regarding circuit_hawaii to circuit_hawaii_concept.
In addition, there is a problem with the pit in where the AI bumps against the barricade just as they enter. I made a slight alteration to the barricade but didn't update the pit-in line. This will be fixed in an update shortly.
Thank you for all the kind responses.