• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

XPacks Discussion

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Skip76

Skip76

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I would need these files.
    Somebody can help me?

2. Mud-H

Mud-H

Ratings:
    +8
    I can't download those PSD zips. The links on official Bob Track Builder are also not working. Am I doing it wrong?.. I'd really like to put my hand on those files...
    The links ebrich posted are the exported textures but I'm looking for the PSD file.

3. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    The links are long gone. No idea if the psd files exist somewhere.
    If you have photoshop can't you make your own templates from the textures.
    I take it you need the textures used all seperated?

4. Skip76

Skip76

Ratings:
    +0
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Mud-H

Mud-H

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, those files would have been usefull to apply the lines overlay on my textures. I'm pretty sure it's possible to extract the lines from the road XPacks and build a PSD overlay file. Anyone know what we have the right to do with the content of those XPacks in general? I will have a look if there's any note on permissions in those road XPacks and if I can I will publish a .PSD of my lines overlays extract attempt.

EDIT:
    I made a new .PSD and waiting for Ennis permission to share it since it's not my work.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Mud-H

Mud-H

Ratings:
    +8
    Okay, I got the permissions. First of all, it's not perfect since I had to select the color range and avoid taking the white dots in asphalt. Also, I don't have to much time to put on it for now but might update it later. It should be easy to adjust them to your needs (Change color or making it more "opaque" by duplicating the layers). I haven't include the Yellow paints since it's quite simple to change the color as your liking.

Well seem that I can't attach Zip or PSD so I will give a try to a shared GoogleDrive file. Never tried it before but should work.
    RoadDark_PaintLayers_v1

If someone want to put the file elsewhere go for it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Skip76

Skip76

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much
    he managed to download it and magnificently useful :cool:

8. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mud-H

Mud-H

Ratings:
    +8
    Works fine like that. Those shared links works for everyone with or without an account. Never tried before yesterday, seem like a good way to share contents. I'm not sure if those link keep working until the file is not deleted.
    Thanks for the update, I was out of time yesterday to make the white dots clean up and wanted to share it before I forgot. I might work on a new one instead now that the port is completed. Maybe I could try to enhance this one also, I think adding a Text layer with an effect very similar to the painted text in layers would be very usefull. I have a bit of time today and will give a try if I can get a close result.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mud-H

Mud-H

Ratings:
    +8
    I have update the RoadDark PaintLayers PSD files again and I think I'm done with that pack. Spent more time than expected but I got so many good content from this community that it worth it.
    I have figure a way that allow to add any custom text or shapes into the PSD and make it look like the predefined layers. Wasn't sure how to do that but I learnt about Clipping Mask groups which apply a texture mask over all the layers inside the folder right below it. You simply need to add your text or shape into the custom folder of your choice. I added a custom folder for the 3 current styles included: Original white by Ennis and the White + Yellow variation of Ebrich.
    To make it more complete, I added some arroes and chevrons custom shapes I have. If you want more, there's a plenty of free custom shapes for photoshop all over the web.
    I also decide to add 4 new textures that I created by blending some of the textures source I have.
    So that make it a quite complete PSD to create paint overlays without much effort. It's now easy to create your own lines template and applying a paint effect.
    Oh, I also added to the zip 2 free fonts use in the PSD that I liked for RoadPaint
    RoadDark_PaintLayers_v1_2_preview.jpg
    RoadDark PaintLayers v1.2 PSD + Fonts

• Like Like x 1
  11. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Great work Mud-H. Thankyou. Will upload it to the files here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. soramame

soramame

Ratings:
    +38
    Formula E Style Kerbs.
    WIP!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm looking for / going to create an xpack for the Scottish Countryside - is there one in existance or will I have to create my own ?

14. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    not at the moment they isn't a scottish one, come to think of it there isn't any country version at the moment, most of the xpacks are topic related/ or track related.

15. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +255
    Great Britain and Rural Australia..

16. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks for that - that'll be the next job on the list once I have my head around track and terrain editing.

17. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. richieduncan

richieduncan

Ratings:
    +15
    I've just started creating a Scottish countryside Xpack. I've only made a few buildings in my local area so far but I'll be adding to it pretty regularly as I wait for RTB to be released.

I'm on the east side of the country, so my stuff might be a bit different to what you need but I'm more than willing to share it with you if you want. I think harled bungalows might be a feature of both our Xpacks though :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +33
    That would be really good to share - the buildings on the Isle of Mull tend to be a mixture of traditional stone, one or one and a half stories - and modern rendered bungalows. My main problem is most of the roads I want to do all have scenic views of one sort and another - took some photographs yesterday, will pm you once I have uploaded them.