XD kills Race 07!

My install on Win7 has been running fantastically, until just the other day. It started crashing/minidump on startup for no reason at all, I had not made any changes to the game and had been driving regularly. I re-installed, added my favorite addons but no mods or tracks and bang, minidump again. I went through the folder and when I removed XD it ran fine. I love XD, especially the latest version. I tried to install XD again today and it does the crash bit.

Any clues?

Strange problem you have Dennis ! :confused:

I'm under Windows 7 too ( 32 bits ) with the latest XD in both GTR2 and Race 07 and everything is running fine without problem even after install of the latest XD.
Maybe just a difference: games are not in disk C:/ but well on E:/

I have no solution for you, but sure it can work if you finally find where the problem is.
Sorry not being able to help. :(

It says to me its a pc problem rather than a game problem as Jim seems to think

There was a problem with fanatec wheel and a certain driver it uses...(its on the fanatec site) but that was 2010 and never fully proven
have you tried emailing the maker of XD for help
Contact
You've found a bug? Feature request? Feel free to contact me: yako@vitumo.de
send him your dxdiag file in the email

Well Dennis, I guess you might have figured out that you are running both? heheh. :)
DirectX is capable of, and normally has multiple versions installed on any given system. With Windows 7 you can't remove the DirectX 11 or the system will fail to function correctly, so dxdiag will report the highest version installed, but checks all drivers so there is a purpose for running it.

As I read through the thread Dennis you say youv'e installed and reinstalled directx 9.0C

But have you installed the directX end-user runtime web installer as suggested by the XD
From XD page
Download and extract the content to your GTR²/GTL/RACE07 installation folder.
Then you need the latest DirectX 9.0c Package. Download from Microsoft. This is required! Without the DirectX-Update the game won't start if the XD is installed.

because if i google directx 9.0C and look at the first microsoft download available..(using Chrome) I get a different download for example http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=23471
Date Published: 09/06/2010

but from XD page I get this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Date
Date published:
4/18/2011

Yes, I have actually run through those and just did them again. On this installation the "Download from Microsoft" installed correctly but Race07 crashed. The install from the XD page failed[see log entry]
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: ***** DXWSETUP *****
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: WinMain()
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: IsIA64(): not IA64.
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: Unable to get Version on target file C:\Windows\system32\directx\websetup\dsetup.dll
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: Installed file C:\Windows\system32\directx\websetup\dsetup.dll
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: Unable to get Version on target file C:\Windows\system32\directx\websetup\dsetup32.dll
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: Installed file C:\Windows\system32\directx\websetup\dsetup32.dll
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: GetDXVersion(): Unable to get RC string from registry.
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904.00
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: Setup Version: 4.09.00.0904.00
11/10/12 13:02:07: DXWSetup: A newer version of DirectX have been installed already.
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: CDXWSetup::CDXWSetup()
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: CDXWSetup::DownloadDXUpdate()
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnEngineStatusChange(): EngineStatus = 0x1, SubStatus = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnEngineStatusChange(): EngineStatus = 0x3, SubStatus = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnEngineStatusChange(): EngineStatus = 0x2, SubStatus = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnStartInstall(): DLSize = 81, InstallSize = 0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnStartComponent(): ID = DXUpdate, DLSize = 81, InstallSize = 0, str = %DirectX_Setup%
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnComponentProgress(): Phase = 0, Progress = 0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnStopComponent(): ID = DXUpdate, hr = 0x0, Phase = 9, str = %DirectX_Setup%, status = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnStopInstall(): hr = 0x0, str = (null), status = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: OnEngineStatusChange(): EngineStatus = 0x3, SubStatus = 0x0
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: WM_APP_DOWNLOADDXUPDATE
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine()
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine(): Sections are not initialized.
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: PreinstDlgProc(): CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine() failed.
11/10/12 13:02:15: DXWSetup: WM_APP_ENDDOWNLOAD

Dennis, as long as your netbook is able to talk to your main computer you can use it that way. I have written a tutorial on how to set it up for doing that on the site I admin at, (you know the site) :) Have a look over there and you will see how it's done.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
Nothing is simple. I use the tutorial to have RTT on my netbook, set up a homegroup on my PC and the netbook[W7 starter] can't see the homegroup.:(. The only question I have about getting it to work is, which is the real ip address; IPv4, subnet or Default Gateway? But that doesn't matter until I can access the homegroup as right now all iI get is "Impossible Connection."

Jim, I do thank you for the tutorial though!

Give me a bit and I will see if I can find instructions on what you need to do to make sure that your homegroup get's setup right. There is a trick to it and requires you to activate a service, but I have to jog my memory on the service that needs to be started.

It sounds crazy but for me (and a lot of other win7 users) does a little trick to solve this problem with the homegroup: just leave the homegroup (on both machines) and the network should be visible....and the two machines should use the same workgroup.

Dennis, the main thing is making sure that network discovery is turned on and functioning. I found a MS site that might help out, it is called microsoft.com/fixit and has a lot of tools that can be downloaded to attempt to fix the issues for you. I can talk you through it later on today to see what becomes of it if you wish. Just give me a call.

For what it's worth... after a looooong hiatus I decided to dust off the wheel and launch Evo again. Guess what, crash, minidump thing as soon as I got in the car, every time. First thing I decided to do was to pull the XD dll and that solved the problem. It must have been an automatic game update through Steam that caused this because it worked last time I played (a long time ago.) If it was a game update patch that broke XD, there might be a newer version of XD out now that fixes it, but my solution is Real Time Telemetry on a 2nd monitor, which I prefer over XD anyway.

Running Win7 64bit, AMD/ATI gfx card. I seriously doubt it's a directx problem, as there's nothing wrong with mine. And my XD uses the defaults for the location of the HUD.

Jeroen, thanks for that info.
Updates for XD come often, you should make sure you have the latest.

I have been running RTT on a second monitor but it seems only useful for tire temps. It never gives me the correct fuel usage and most times crashes partway into a race.

Glad to hear you've resurrected Race07/Evo and hoping to see you in the Club races!

The "changed" date of my race_steam.exe file is april 25th of 2012. My last club race was probably before that, which confirms that there has indeed been a game update in the meantime.

Hmm why is the last update mentioned on steam dated 11 feb 2009 while some of my game files including the main executable were updated in april of 2012? *scratches head*.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back