XD kills Race 07!

My install on Win7 has been running fantastically, until just the other day. It started crashing/minidump on startup for no reason at all, I had not made any changes to the game and had been driving regularly. I re-installed, added my favorite addons but no mods or tracks and bang, minidump again. I went through the folder and when I removed XD it ran fine. I love XD, especially the latest version. I tried to install XD again today and it does the crash bit.

Any clues?

Could be that you need to restart Race, Steam and maybe even PC off (not restart) - to reset whatever is causing the crash.

Could it be that our old install used a different resolution and the values for screen are out of range? Or that some other setting in the ini file causes a problem?

When you get it running again, which I'm sure you will, edit the file to move xd! Perhaps you could compare the two ini's to see if you can see where the problem arose.

Hope you solve it.

All I can recall is that I could never use an old config XD file on a new installation of XD..
I had to place the d3d9.dll inside the race 07 folder and run the game it then produces the config file which I then alter to my setting. After unistalling XD, iv'e sometimes used the steam check files verification option and a couple of times its downloaded a couple of files even though the sim race07 worked.. I think iv'e also created a new profile and that got rid of the problem also...
There used to be talk of a conflict with the steam overlays and I think riva tuner... I seem to remember..(but im sure these problems were fixed)
if you get XD working again don't change any settings and see how long it lasts..after a couple of days then change one setting and test again... its all trail and error..
ive not fired up race07 for a while now so maybe an excuse to do so:)

:cry:
The suggestions by everyone have been much appreciated! I must say that in most all cases your suggestions have already been tried. This morning I was googling d3d9.dll and race 07, it only came up concerning XD of course. The cause was usually a race07 update but been thru those before. In an instance where it wasn't an uodate, the person gave up and switched to motec-ad.

Still working on it!!!

Thanks Dimis, I tried another time earlier today and had the same result.

I loaded Real Time Telemetry, it records fine but I can't see it on screen while driving. Also I didn't get to drive with others so I don't know if it gives the position information on other cars in the session. Still it makes figuring out fuel mileage easy and does show sector times for every lap!

I'll be using it until I resolve the issues with XD.

Everything you have talked about including the issue with RTT indicates that you have an issue with directX Dennis. Are you certain that your Race install is up to date? Have you looked at the version number to be sure it is the latest to go along with the latest XD?

When you start the game and get to the main menu where you can choose online or what ever, on the bottom is a scrolling text area. You will see your version number down there. Post the version that your game shows and I will see if I have a version of XD that is working to send you to see what happens.

The nature of how directx is installed is such that it will verify the integrity of the files associated with directx and replace as needed when you install. If the installer has issues, then you can always run dxdiag and see where it says the issue is.

Having several versions on your system isn't going to hurt anything and removing directx complete will definitely hurt things. Admittedly the most common directx installs are from either 9.0c or 11 but if you have programs that look for other versions, you want them there too, though not many programs use directx 11, and those that do don't use it very well.

All of this taken into account, my suggestion is avoid trying to uninstall directx to prevent other issues from coming up because of it.

Dennis and I talked on the phone a bit and he has one last step to attempt to see what happens. If that doesn't work, then I will have to talk to some other experts that I know to see what they suggest might be the cause and the solution. Right now I am having him uninstall and reinstall his graphics drivers to see what effect this has.

I have already had him move his steam install and verify integrity of files for Race 07 but that didn't do any good.

Dennis. My Xd runs after the 8th atempt :thumbsup: . After the dx9c update, my game chrashed and i removed Xd and Config.ini. I've already updated my DX9c last week. So i figured, don't have to do that again. Placed the dll in the "race07" dir. started the game (config ini is created), closed the game and changed some options in xd.ini. Restarted the game, and it's on.
You have rebooted your pc after the dx9c update before you started the game?

Maybe a way of testing whether its a steam / race07 problem or your pc
Download the free GTR2 demo, for example install and run it ..set up a profile etc.. just like you do in race 07
then try to put XD in it to see if it works... (it used the same XD as race 07)
use all clean downloads nothing you already have ....
just do the basics nothing more...
If it works in gtr2 this would tell me its a steam/race07 problem :)
It's an addon for GTL/GTR2/rFactor/GSC try any of these Demo's

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back