XBox controller vibration not working if using custom setup

New to AC and really enjoying it but I've got a slight issue that is eluding my finding a solution.

I don't have a steering wheel setup, but I do have controllers that I use with Flight Simulators ... a programmable joystick, throttle and rudder pedals. The joystick and throttle are useless for AC, but the pedals DO work as throttle and brake -- the "toe brake" functions on the right and left pedals map onto the throttle and brake just fine.

I've got an XBox360-type Controller that I'm using as the steering and shifter controls. I've mapped the "Gyro" from the XBox controller to the steering axis, and it works reasonably well. Clearly it's not as good as using a dedicated steering wheel, but it's not awful by any means and I have had reasonable success with it.

In order for the above setup to work, I need to use the CUSTOM controls in AC since the XBox control preset doesn't recognize the pedals or allow mapping the steering to the gyro. So far so good ... but under this configuration, there is no vibration transmitted to the XBox controller.

If I select XBox controller in the game setup, the vibration DOES work, but of course, nether the pedals nor the gyro are recognized.

So ... my question is ... is there a way to enable / transmit vibration to the XBox controller when using it as part of the custom setup?? Having the vibration definitely adds to the experience in AC, but driving using the XBox controller setup is an exercise in frustration.

Thanks in advance for your help !!

VictorZ88

Last edited:
Sadly no replies, huh. I have to add that I also have no rumble anymore with same controller since being on Steam and I'm not sure if it is related to that or not. Of course it is not very important but somehow it's sad to not have it anymore when it used to work fine. Anyone!?

Sadly no replies, huh. I have to add that I also have no rumble anymore with same controller since being on Steam and I'm not sure if it is related to that or not. Of course it is not very important but somehow it's sad to not have it anymore when it used to work fine. Anyone!?
Have you tried disabling the Steam Input for Xbox controllers?
I'm getting vibration with the dualsense which is emulated into an xbox controller (in addition to the trigger ffb I added in Race Element).
1713808804914.png

Last edited:
Yes I knöw about that way thx - my prob was another and I had found out before how to fix it myself but forgot about (not getting any younger some (James) may say). For me it is the AC-X app that has an option to adjust the good,good,good vibrations and mine were switched back to 0 which could be the default value. Now everything is fine again. Exception is playing online which seems to be another matter somehow some all things do not work on some servers not sure why.Online is a thing for itself it seems."Race cancelled" anyone!? ;-)

Yes I knöw about that way thx - my prob was another and I had found out before how to fix it myself but forgot about (not getting any younger some (James) may say). For me it is the AC-X app that has an option to adjust the good,good,good vibrations and mine were switched back to 0 which could be the default value. Now everything is fine again. Exception is playing online which seems to be another matter somehow some all things do not work on some servers not sure why.Online is a thing for itself it seems."Race cancelled" anyone!? ;-)
Interesting, are you sure by the way you are having this issue with assetto corsa competizione and not assetto corsa? (As ac-x is a plugin for assetto corsa)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea