Xbox 360 controller set-up

My 360 controller works natively, without a driver. Are you running XP? I'm on Vista, that may be the difference.

The 360 controller works great for this game. One minor tweak is needed to get you going: go into the filter settings for the steering axis in the controls panel, and increase the curvature quite a bit. Otherwise the car will self-steer and be way too twitchy.

I recommend binding downshift to A, and upshift to X. I'm not talented enough yet to work the clutch too, so I leave that one on auto.

The scary thing is, I realize there's nothing keeping you from driving a real car with a game controller, if you went through the trouble of robotizing the steering, brake and throttle. Why not? Maybe someday we'll look back on driving cars with your feet as old-fashioned.

hey, I'm trying to configure my 360 controller to work with RBR but I'm finding it either INSANELY twitchy or to turning at all when I tweak settings. how are yours all set up? Maybe you could help me until my G27 arrives next week sometime :)
Much appreciated

The 360 controller works great for this game. One minor tweak is needed to get you going: go into the filter settings for the steering axis in the controls panel, and increase the curvature quite a bit. Otherwise the car will self-steer and be way too twitchy.

RBR is set up for a wheel by default, which has a huge range of movement compared to the 3/4 inch your thumb moves left to right.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.