1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Xbox 360 controller set-up

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by thomasbeynon, May 20, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    I was just wondering how can i set up my Xbox 360 (wired) contoller to work on RSRBR 2011 ?

Thanks,
    Thomas Beynon

2. Did you find the answer to your question Thomas or do you still require some help ??

Pete

3. yes i have i found a driver online wich helped me install it

Thomas

4. My 360 controller works natively, without a driver. Are you running XP? I'm on Vista, that may be the difference.

The 360 controller works great for this game. One minor tweak is needed to get you going: go into the filter settings for the steering axis in the controls panel, and increase the curvature quite a bit. Otherwise the car will self-steer and be way too twitchy.

I recommend binding downshift to A, and upshift to X. I'm not talented enough yet to work the clutch too, so I leave that one on auto.

The scary thing is, I realize there's nothing keeping you from driving a real car with a game controller, if you went through the trouble of robotizing the steering, brake and throttle. Why not? Maybe someday we'll look back on driving cars with your feet as old-fashioned.

5. Jack Hintz

Jack Hintz
    The One and Only...I think?

hey, I'm trying to configure my 360 controller to work with RBR but I'm finding it either INSANELY twitchy or to turning at all when I tweak settings. how are yours all set up? Maybe you could help me until my G27 arrives next week sometime :)
    Much appreciated

6. RBR is set up for a wheel by default, which has a huge range of movement compared to the 3/4 inch your thumb moves left to right.

7. Remember this?:)