1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

X-Motor Racing

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Eugene Cojocar, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Let me introduce myself.
    My name is Eugene and I’m a developer of X-Motor Racing.
    I hope this forum wills be useful place of contact.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Welcome Eugene :thumb: We are proud to have you here!

3. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Sweet! I love new stuff, Ill check out the website now!

4. Welcome Eugene. We have high hopes for X-Motor's success.

5. Thank you guys!
    A new version will be available soon with an improved tire model.
    You will be able to edit in game (without VehiclePhysics utility) certain aspects such as steering system, camber/toe angles, brakes balance, suspension, tire grip etc.

6. Bram

Bram

7. I downloaded the demo I think, will give it a try whenever time lets me.

8. worth a gander....

9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I have a question which is a variation of one abovce but has been perplexing me since i tried this this morning.

Q. I am thinking of buying this game, but I really need to see how good the physics are, how can I make a judgement on this when the demo does not include the full physics setting?

10. :dance2:

11. I downloaded this myself and i was thinking the exact same thing.

12. Next demo version will be available with simple physics customization ability (suspension, steering system, brakes balance, grip). But full physics customization like the tire model, aerodynamics, transmission etc are available in full version only. We distribute XMR as shareware and so it should be limited by functionality.

13. Sorry for my ignorance if you've already answered this but will I be able to run this next demo without assists?

14. Sure you will be able to run it.

15. lol,
    Without assists? You know, braking assistance, traction control, stability control etc.

16. You are able turn them off.
    Current version has an ABS only.
    I’m going to implement other driver assistances in next versions.

17. I beg your pardon, I thought the demo was running in an arcade/sim mode. My ability to overlook things is growing more and more problematic as I grow older. Thanks

18. Traction control and Stability control are implemented.
    They really help remain in control when you skid.
    Thank you for the hints.

19. This thread is erased a bit and renamed to Physics, Customization and Manual.

20. Bram

Bram

X-Motoring Racing Blog click here over the upcoming 1.12 update speaks about adding the McGill Formula car.

Have been reading about the cars and quote from the McGill Formula Hybrid website

This sounds like superclose-entire-field-within-a-second-racing. Top stuff for RD in the future:clap: