Would you buy Race07 now?

The Multiplayer Lobby usually has plenty of open servers available and many are populated. Also, many are like the RacerDepartment servers passworded and setup for club and league use. You can usually find an open session in the public's but I bet you'll want to join a club soon!.

I would still recommend race07 although I wish Simbin and Steam would find a way to streamline the mass of add on content thats available into a more 'new to the Race Series' friendly format - they went so far with the release of Race Injection, its just a shame they couldnt roll it all into one and include the retros and the GTR Evo expansions.

The club here is still alive and kicking, but unfortunately limits members to only 3 races a week, for racing on other nights I would highly recommend going to Multiplayer and looking for servers with the 100Mbit tag - particularly the 100Mbut WTCC servers - you will find a friendly bunch of people on there most nights (many are RD Members using online Aliases) - a word of warning though - most times the server admins are in the servers, or are in contact via teamspeak or steam with people in the server - act the fool and you WILL be kicked and probably banned from all 100Mbit Servers - join using illegal (Skidrow) Race07 software and whilst you may get the occassional race more often than not the admins kick out Skidrows during the 2 minute countdown to race. You will struggle to find public server racing thats cleaner anywhere else in race07 or any other sim.

I guess Simbin and I are in agreement :

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/12/steam-simbin-mega-bundle-retail-keys/

Highly recommend this to anyone who has not already got the set - look into the mods available, they may be older but GT Legends and GTR/GTR2 are very well respected. The GT Legends Club seems to be going through a revival at the moment - I'm going to get GTR2 and the Power & Glory mod soon, hopefully, bundling them all in one like this will lead to a bit of a revival in all the titles.

Someone already posted a thread about the steam sale but I thought I'd come here and give a heads up - Until the 5th January 2013 the Mega bundle is on steam at £14,24 - that includes race07, gtr, gtr2, GTR Evo expansion, Race On Expansion, Race Injection plus others.

The Race On expansion is only £3.14 well worth picking up !
STCC 2 is only £1.19

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope to see you on track soon !

I've been playing GSC2012 lately and played R07 yesterday just to enjoy some tracks I haven't been driving for a while and wasn't happy with FFB at all. If there was some FFB update, it would be just superb and that mega bundle would be totaly worth getting for new people. It could help to prolonge its life a bit and fill up servers a bit.

I just got the Simbin bundle from Steam, previously I just owned GTR 2. Think the Race 07 series is definitely worth it, massive ammount of content for cheap and some good racing to be had.

What I will say is that coming from playing SimRaceway and Game Stock Car the Race 07 experience does feel a bit watered down, though it runs on the same engine (and is similar as a result) the FFB/Physics/Graphics/Modelling/Tracks etc in general do feel a little dated compared.

With all that said, value for money wise (especially if you haven't played SRW/GSC) Race 07 is excellent value for money, a great way to get started in sim racing with a load of quality content without having to go through the hassle of going the Rfactor + Mods route and filtering through all the crap and tweaking (which is the route I went).

I also feel it doesn't feel exactly like GTR 2, personally I think GTR 2 is actually a step above Race 07, but that might just be something subtle that depends on personal preference. Beware with the Steam version of GTR 2, it doesn't come with the Porsche/Ferrari cars that the retail version has.

I still think the Race07 series is a great sim.
...and there's plenty of races to pick up, if you just want to go racing here and now, and plenty of leagues that are still active too.
Only bad thing I have to say about it, is that I hate it's dependency on Steam.
After Steam fubar'ed last year (moving Race07 to "common" and back and whatnot) my Race07 have never been the same. I've been doing some testing lately, 'cause I'm writing some software for it, and things have become even stranger.
My steam seem to randomly pick an installation to run from when I start Race07.
Sometimes it starts the one in the "Common" folder, and sometimes it starts the one in my steam-playername folder???
There's no system in this, it just seem to pick whatever it feels like.. :)
I think it might be time, for a complete wipe-down, and re-install...

I still think the Race07 series is a great sim.
...and there's plenty of races to pick up, if you just want to go racing here and now, and plenty of leagues that are still active too.
Only bad thing I have to say about it, is that I hate it's dependency on Steam.
After Steam fubar'ed last year (moving Race07 to "common" and back and whatnot) my Race07 have never been the same. I've been doing some testing lately, 'cause I'm writing some software for it, and things have become even stranger.
My steam seem to randomly pick an installation to run from when I start Race07.
Sometimes it starts the one in the "Common" folder, and sometimes it starts the one in my steam-playername folder???
There's no system in this, it just seem to pick whatever it feels like.. :)
I think it might be time, for a complete wipe-down, and re-install...
Thats what i'd recommend full clean install

hell yeah just got Race 07 :) GTR Evo:) BTCC Race Injection:)
Its awesome just do it :thumbsup:
Im hooked been doing a bit of RSRBR before just a few problems running the 2013 mods
so searched Race 07 looks like a bit of me:)
But not in any of stores in NZ
ah Steam thank you
downloaded and really hooked
see ya on the track

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back