Worth buying in current state?

When you tested the game were you driving on a green track or did you wait for it to rubber in? While the track is green you will find it difficult to keep the car on track. :rolleyes:

I also think rf2 is the best feeling sim out there at this present time. I've also been sim racing for nearly 20 years.

In fact I enjoy sim racing so much I have nearly all of them and enjoy most of them as each has their pros and cons. :geek:

Im just not interested in it as it is right now.
Surely im entitled to this choice :)

Why come on here flaming the sim then, you dont like it fine, no one is really bothered.
Giving it 5 hours and slagging it off is ridiculous though.
Go play a sim with great looking graphics that has physics that compare with rF2, AI, weather effects, pit stops, dynamic roads & dynamic lighting (if you can find one) then let us all know what it's called.

Meanwhile I'll stick to playing and enjoying this "sub par butt ugly" sim.

Relax all. Everyone is entitled to its own opinion, no matter how its formed. Keep the nice tones please :).

I do agree that within 5 hours, and tried all tracks and cars, there is no way you know how the sim feels. To me, it is the best around at the moment, in terms of physics, ffb and overall driving pleasure. It's important to adjust to the sim as before that you cant really get the best out of it.

As been said many times before. With the new features like real road and changing environment, you need to learn to drive again. 20 years, 40 years or 5 years experience doesnt matter then, becase the whole basis is different. 5 hours to learn, really is to short.

However,
As said, its your choice not to drive it. Taste is personal, but I cant believe people finding the video posted above ugly, but if it doesnt please you, then do not play it..
I do think though that buying it once more in a year or so, is not the thing to do for you. If you do not like it enough now, you will not then either, as most basics are final now.

Why come on here flaming the sim then, you dont like it fine, no one is really bothered.
Giving it 5 hours and slagging it off is ridiculous though.
Go play a sim with great looking graphics that has physics that compare with rF2, weather effects, pit stops, dynamic roads & dynamic lighting (if you can find one) then let us all know what it's called.

Meanwhile I'll stick to playing and enjoying this "sub par butt ugly" sim.

Have a nice day.

FFS take a chill pill and get off your high horse.
You say your not bothered yet you go on a rant and accuse me of flaming and slagging the game off.
The definition of a fanboy is someone who refuses to allow anybody say anything negative about their game, its an immature stance and one that you sir fit right into.
Get over the fact that i dont fall all over your beloved game, but get your facts right,i didn not slate anything.
God forbid someone doesnt agree with you :rolleyes:

LOL just LOL fanboy in the extreme.

The only thing worth responding to is to name a sim , iracing! weather effects mean sweet fcuk all.

For what its worth i just spent the afternoon enjoying the games physics,almost as much as as im enjoying a thoroughbred fanboy in action :)

RF2 certainly isn't going to win any prizes for best graphics but, physics wise - it's way up there once you give it enough time to get acclimated. Some of the new and unique features are ground-breaking and things are still being tweaked so it will get even better. That is reason enough to keep it installed on my system and the real fun begins when quality mods become available - that's where RF2 will shine. RF1 showed us what the platform can provide and still brings new and exciting mods to explore to this day.

I also choose to support small race-Sim developers whenever I can and paying for RF1/RF2 is a Mega-bargain - especially when you consider the mods that come have and will become available.

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. iRacing is great for what it is but, while I am currently subscribed, it just doesn't fit my very limited schedule and can be a little too serious at times. I plan to discontinue using the service once the Sims currently in development are released. All things considered, they will be money better spent in my case.

Fanboy in the extreme LOL!.
You had screenshots and videos a plenty to check out before buying this sim (which I don't think you ever did by the way) but you still come on here whinging about the "sub par ugly" graphics.
You even managed to contradict yourself about the sim's physics on page 1.
You are either a troll or just plain stupid, sunshine!

please guys, give it a rest it you are now only getting personal with each other and defending each word, it's not fun to read for anyone, so please PM each other if you want to keep reacting. Personally I think it has no use for both to keep replying, it's a never ending story. You both have your own opinions, and that is that.

(not choosing anyone's side who is right or not, it's just silly to read)

Ah classy, he couldnt just leave it,had to have a dig and go the namecalling route , mature real mature.
Either way i did not intend this to be a flame war, i expressed my opinion.
If that offended people i apologize it genuinely was not my intention.

RF2 certainly isn't going to win any prizes for best graphics but, physics wise - it's way up there once you give it enough time to get acclimated. Some of the new and unique features are ground-breaking and things are still being tweaked so it will get even better. That is reason enough to keep it installed on my system and the real fun begins when quality mods become available - that's where RF2 will shine. RF1 showed us what the platform can provide and still brings new and exciting mods to explore to this day.

I also choose to support small race-Sim developers whenever I can and paying for RF1/RF2 is a Mega-bargain - especially when you consider the mods that come have and will become available.

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. iRacing is great for what it is but, while I am currently subscribed, it just doesn't fit my very limited schedule and can be a little too serious at times. I plan to discontinue using the service once the Sims currently in development are released. All things considered, they will be money better spent in my case.

Well said, good post.

The only thing worth responding to is to name a sim, iracing! weather effects mean sweet fcuk all.

We are all different indeed, see/feel things differently and have to respect each other, I agree on that.

I have been subscribed to iRacing for many years and rarely touch it because I don't like the physics. It's on the back burner for me, like you said for rF2.

So, I understand what you feel and you have every right not to like the rF2 feeling like how I don't like the iRacing feeling.

Let's hope that one day we will both enjoy both sims as both of us will benefit from this ;)

It's like women, some like them plumpy, some thin, some dark, some white, it's good that there is something for everyone isn't it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back