• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Working on 'AC Logger'

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Igor Damiani, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello guys,

I'm working on an app for Assetto Corsa, that I've called 'AC Logger'. You can save in a .csv file a few information about your car: rpm of the engine, lap number, pedal brake state, current date/time, etc. The app is very simple: it contains only a button, that start and stop the logger.
    When all data are saved in the .csv file, you can elaborate it using spreadsheet software like Excel or OpenOffice.

Anyone interested in debugging? :)
    Bye!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry for this post. I've copied this into 'Assetto Corsa Mods' forum.
    Thanks.

3. Bart Manski

Bart Manski

Ratings:
    +15
    Would it be possible to make data output compatible with some telemetry software, like MOTEC?

4. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    Very interesting question. For now my logger exports the data in a .csv file, that is a simple text file that you can open with notepad or import in Excel. Today I will post here a .zip file with the current version. And i begin to study the format of the data used by MOTEC. Thanks for the input!

5. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    I've published the current version, 0.8, here:
    http://download.vivendobyte.net/download.aspx?id=15
    You can download it for free.

You must unzip the file in the main path of Assetto Corsa inside the Steam folder. Here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa

*** USAGE ***
    The app is very simple. Click the button to start the logger, and click it again to stop. The .csv file is saved in "C:\AC Logger" folder (by default, you can eventually modify the Python script to change the path). While the logger is running, you can see a counter, that contains how many rows are logged inside the file. Eacy row in the file contains a lot of informations about your car: speed, rpm, wheel's data (temperature, pressure), and so on. I'm working on a Excel spreadsheet, where you can elaborate these data more intuitively! :))
    Each .csv file is named using pilot name, car name, track name, and current date time.

Please feel free to send me any suggestion, or feedback. It's only a beta version, of course!
    :))

• Like Like x 1
  6. Radek Zukowski

Radek Zukowski

Ratings:
    +71
    You should really try to log the files in format that is readable by MoTeC software.

7. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok. Is MoTec freeware? Can anybody post here a log file for this software, so I can analyze it?

For now, I'm downloading 'i2 Standard 1.21.0031' from here:
    http://www.motec.com/software/latestreleases/

Thanks for your suggestion!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  8. Radek Zukowski

Radek Zukowski

Ratings:
    +71
    I think it's free. There are loggers for rF and rF2 that export to MoTeC files.
    I guess it's about learning the file format.

9. Igor Damiani

Igor Damiani

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't find any information about MoTec data file format! :-(

10. Radek Zukowski

Radek Zukowski

Ratings:
    +71
    Try to contact the guy who wrote Data Aquisition Plugin for rFactor, maybe he will know something?

11. The Thorn MJ

The Thorn MJ

Ratings:
    +8
    When you go to the "\Documents\Assetto Corsa\aim" folder, you will see a "telemetry_dump.nkt" file. It is possible to open this with "AIM Race Studio 2",some kind of telemetry software like Motec.

I have tried this, but it doesn't work when I'm in a session. Looks like it only wrote data after leaving a session.

I'm sorry for interrupting with this info, but I thought it might lead into something you didn't know, and maybe this is something you are interested in.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack! Premium

Ratings:
    +640
    Sounds great either way. Looking to get more serious with my sim racing and also improve. Data will definitely help in that aspiration.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  13. Rui Neves

Rui Neves

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to post some Log files that i open with Motec I2 Pro, but it says that i can't upload this type of file... can you give me your e-mail so that i can send them to you??

14. bromstarzan

bromstarzan

Ratings:
    +5
    This sounds interesting! Will download and start experimenting.
    Did some apps for LFS long time ago, just to develop my own toolbox of analyzers :).

15. Nobby76

Nobby76

Ratings:
    +62
    would it be possible to log the X,Y,Z coordinates, also if possible the direction its pointing. Those 2 lots of information would be the most helpful to anyone that wishes to recreate a particular race in a cg app. Ive played with a few race sims and a few telem programs and some export the direction, but ive never seen both the direction and position saved..

16. Joel

Joel
    #NR6

Ratings:
    +1,792
    Mate, you got some pictures? This sounds great :thumbsup:

17. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack! Premium

Ratings:
    +640
    Any updates on this?