Working on 'AC Logger'

Hello guys,

I'm working on an app for Assetto Corsa, that I've called 'AC Logger'. You can save in a .csv file a few information about your car: rpm of the engine, lap number, pedal brake state, current date/time, etc. The app is very simple: it contains only a button, that start and stop the logger.
When all data are saved in the .csv file, you can elaborate it using spreadsheet software like Excel or OpenOffice.

Anyone interested in debugging? :)
Bye!!!

Very interesting question. For now my logger exports the data in a .csv file, that is a simple text file that you can open with notepad or import in Excel. Today I will post here a .zip file with the current version. And i begin to study the format of the data used by MOTEC. Thanks for the input!

I've published the current version, 0.8, here:
http://download.vivendobyte.net/download.aspx?id=15
You can download it for free.

You must unzip the file in the main path of Assetto Corsa inside the Steam folder. Here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa

*** USAGE ***
The app is very simple. Click the button to start the logger, and click it again to stop. The .csv file is saved in "C:\AC Logger" folder (by default, you can eventually modify the Python script to change the path). While the logger is running, you can see a counter, that contains how many rows are logged inside the file. Eacy row in the file contains a lot of informations about your car: speed, rpm, wheel's data (temperature, pressure), and so on. I'm working on a Excel spreadsheet, where you can elaborate these data more intuitively! :))
Each .csv file is named using pilot name, car name, track name, and current date time.

Please feel free to send me any suggestion, or feedback. It's only a beta version, of course!
:))

When you go to the "\Documents\Assetto Corsa\aim" folder, you will see a "telemetry_dump.nkt" file. It is possible to open this with "AIM Race Studio 2",some kind of telemetry software like Motec.

I have tried this, but it doesn't work when I'm in a session. Looks like it only wrote data after leaving a session.

I'm sorry for interrupting with this info, but I thought it might lead into something you didn't know, and maybe this is something you are interested in.

would it be possible to log the X,Y,Z coordinates, also if possible the direction its pointing. Those 2 lots of information would be the most helpful to anyone that wishes to recreate a particular race in a cg app. Ive played with a few race sims and a few telem programs and some export the direction, but ive never seen both the direction and position saved..

Hello Igor,
I have been trying to gather steer data. So I inserted a new line in "def onFormRender(deltaT)" like this:
steer = str(round(ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Steer), number_precision)).replace('.', ',')
and I added "steer" variable in block1 as well, but when I did these changes, I couldn't see ac logger app on screen anymore.
Could you help me ?
Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes