Cars Work stopped on - W.I.P. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this is Arch, the physics developer for the R33 GT-R and GTS.

Ma7heus is literally too busy right now doing 3D to even write this post, so I will do it.

We're both working essentially full time in all of our free time to get this out. We want it out as fast as you do: but there are physical limits for humans. We are very careful with the research and reference even up to now, making sure to get it all absolutely right, if possible. I myself have gone to such lengths with this that I ask you to not expect this kind of work for any future cars I am involved with! ;)

Quite soon, you can expect something. Something concrete, for a change. Details will come Soon™. We hope you will be patient and bear with us. Take a break from smashing F5 on the thread for a few weeks, and you might see something pop up.

Arch

Just some critique coming through based on the pictures posted, I know this topic has been bumped and this probably will get ignored.

The model itself is quite out-of-proportions, the front in particular, it's too "droopy", as in it goes "down" too fast, the GTR rim is inaccurate too (Can get reference pics for them too, if needed.)
I've outlined the parts of the model that needs some attention
32086802728_2432145fdf_o.png

I'm the dude who made the GMP BCNR33's, which IS based on the Forza model, but heavily edited as the proportions were correct, but the details not. (The japan pack started in 2015-2016 which was literally my 5th mod, most up-to-date version of the R33 with updated phys, materials and models is in our facebook group)

I own a R33 GTST Type-M (S2) irl, which is stock exterior-wise.
I can provide reference pics if needed.
45957907791_5a82e7b5f0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just some critique coming through based on the pictures posted, I know this topic has been bumped and this probably will get ignored.

The model itself is quite out-of-proportions, the front in particular, it's too "droopy", as in it goes "down" too fast, the GTR rim is inaccurate too (Can get reference pics for them too, if needed.)
I've outlined the parts of the model that needs some attention
32086802728_2432145fdf_o.png

I'm the dude who made the GMP BCNR33's, which IS based on the Forza model, but heavily edited as the proportions were correct, but the details not. (The japan pack started in 2015-2016 which was literally my 5th mod, most up-to-date version of the R33 with updated phys, materials and models is in our facebook group)

I own a R33 GTST Type-M (S2) irl, which is stock exterior-wise.
I can provide reference pics if needed.
45957907791_5a82e7b5f0_b.jpg

I gave him a heads-up about your post. Thank you.

Sadly, that video is more or less unusable for sound sample purposes. Nothing we can do about it without a skilled sound modder.

Stock R33's don't sound at all that loud and the turbo is not as pronounced, anyway.

Kunos R34 sounds will work great, it uses the same engine and everything
We'd prefer custom sounds, but if need-be, we're thinking about a release with KS sounds. If anyone knows any skilled sound editors, clue them in please.

Matheus, the project lead and 3D modeller, has been MIA for unknown reasons for over a month now. I won't speculate more, but I have assumed project lead position by myself, for the time being. If anyone here has any contact to him, please contact me. I have continued my work, perfecting the small details and doing more research into niche subjects.

We'd prefer custom sounds, but if need-be, we're thinking about a release with KS sounds. If anyone knows any skilled sound editors, clue them in please.

Matheus, the project lead and 3D modeller, has been MIA for unknown reasons for over a month now. I won't speculate more, but I have assumed project lead position by myself, for the time being. If anyone here has any contact to him, please contact me. I have continued my work, perfecting the small details and doing more research into niche subjects.

I hope the project stays alive. Really looking forward to these cars :)

On my end, I've been improving the physics over the last months. Made an R34 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r34-gt-r-v-spec-scratchmade-improved-physics-by-arch.25235/ on the similar base, so it might be a taster of what to expect. 3D-wise this will be better than the R34: but the R34's 3D is still the work of Matheus, and the physics on the mod are still my work, so it should be somewhat similar. ;)

Go and drive ^^^^ in the meanwhile, perhaps it'll ease the wait. In the meanwhile I will update the R34 as well in the future: support hasn't been dropped and it's not like I'm slacking off with either car.

well dang i just found this and read the whole thread from the start, hoping that it would be completed but i guess good things take time!

seems like you guys have most of the data needed but i have a 90% stock series 1 r33 gts25t, only mods are fmic, exhaust, and coilovers. otherwise completely stock, and can help with any measurements if still needed and sounds for maybe a tuned sound or drift sound.

Really hope this comes through one day!

(edit: spelling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering