Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

pembrey v3

well here we go.

nice tools there piddy,i like the line up tool.makes it alot easy to line up roads with the terrain features.example here the pitlane is made up from terrain data.like i said in a previous posts,i'm now realigning it to knock some of my dodgey nodes moving techiques.

@:)
ed

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 273
  • GRAB_002.JPG
    GRAB_002.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Steppenwolf

Here is an update for my Sachsenring track:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNgm9GTXBe8[/ame]

Managed to get a shitload of stuff done within short time.

Things left on my to do list:

- half a dozen prop models and half a dozen textures
- get some decent lighting and shadows in
(actualy the current lighting is nice but its borrowed from one of the Le Mans tracks)
- performance optimizations
- smoothen some of the geometry (pit lane is quite bumpy)
- get the AI and rules in
- cameras
- debugging

• Steppenwolf

That looks great! And very accurate too from what I've seen in MotoGP over the years.

I love the downhill plunge! :)

Glad you like it! It's gonna be even more accurate. I just found a new 2009 onboard video from a car (not so easy to find considering that the track is mostly used by bikers).

I started to compare this video with my new video and found some inaccuracies in the elevations. Started to fix this already. Its gonna be some work because the sourrounding terrain is so far progressed alraedy but it will be worth it. Without the lasso tool i would be lost.

San Marcial Hillclimb (RBR)

- Here it is my first official BTB proiect.

- It will work with Black.f's RX Plugin.

- Lenght: 2600 meters.

- It's a real course, located in Irun, Basque Country and originally used for hillcimb some years ago.

- Textures: Road ones, from original RBR Joux Verte and grass, extracted from Vratislav Honzalek, TrackTexturePlateOpaque.dds.

- Objects from Jay_P_666 G.B Xpack.

- It will be released in three diferente conditions: Dry, Damp and Wet.

San Marcial Hillclimb progress screenshots:

sanmarcialprogress2.jpg

sanmarcialprogress3.jpg

sanmarcialprogress4.jpg

sanmarcialprogress.jpg

Release Date: Not yet.

Hot News:

I Hope during the end of this weekend and next one, all the objects placement was done, and I have planned, update my screenshots section with the newest ones.

More news, soon.

Thanks

Really nice, Eneko! Looking forward to squeal my tires on those hairpins!

as a second thought: it is astonishing to see how this Xpack gives immediately the feeling to be in an original game track with the same quality, truly amazing

• Graham Clemenger

I have to chuckle at all the suggestions people make that they think are "MUST HAVE!!!" and it always seems to come with the expectation that it will be free. Heck some people must think I have cloned myself or something. Just say it enough and Piddy will make it!!

Perhaps I can do all these things ... just after I find a cure for cancer and thaw out the Duke ...

Anyway .. enough out of context stuff, this thread is for screenshots. This is the place for suggestions ... http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/15434-improvement-suggestions.html and try to be sensible. ;)

And I have to chuckle at your response, I'm sure I posted a screenshot along with some comments, which people replied in the same thread, "bring it on" isn't really "MUST HAVE" is it and whats not sensible about joining tracks together. PARANOID, I wasn't having a go at BTB our yourself, its great, as everbody who uses it knows, I was just highlighting to people the problem I'm up against and Im not alone here, so NO NEED to get defensive, people here are going to have opinions, good or bad, constuctive or not, depending on how you look at them.

So will BTB Track Joiner be a stand alone licence.

• Silola

Hi all,

my first post and I would like to thank Brenden for this wonderful editor. Already the first few hours have given me a lot of fun with this tool:)

My first (fantasy) attempts looks like this...

Greeting
Silola

• Steppenwolf

An update for my Sachsenring track. First public version will be released this week hopefully. I'm very close!

Quite amazing what is possible with BTB and a little 3dsmax in just about 5 weeks.

25g9kxv.jpg

vryhjk.jpg

29auuci.jpg

z6bsp.jpg

2wgrl7l.jpg

2uqkx0k.jpg

2gujl8j.jpg

2z9b8f5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?