Work In Progress - Screenshots & Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yo guys,

It seems some very interesting projects have been started recently for rFactor.
Can you guys do some showing off in this thread so outsiders like myself can get some kicks already? :rotfl:

Hello there!

Today, I've got some free time in the morning and I start a RBR stage, using Bobs Track Builder.

The stage name is SS 24 Ruuhimaki and is part of the Rally Of Finland.
I havent got the data to make it soo accurate and I only use a Mikko Hirvonen Onboard from Youtube to design the road section.

The stage is in early alpha progress, track layout not finished and nothing about objects, tress, etc waiting to Jay_P's GB xPack.

Screenshots:

ruuhimaki.jpg

ruuhimaki1.jpg

ruuhimaki2.jpg

PD: Jay_P, C'mon!! Keep the work! :rotfl:

• Graham Clemenger

My WIP

Here is my WIP located near my home town. Bring on a real track joiner (vertices) in BTB, at the moment it is possible with reasonable results, but with all the joins and intersections I have this is going to be very time consuming, as track builders we have enough to do as it is and this simple task has been made very clumsy and awkward, Node to node just isnt good enough.

Attachments

• Gee76.jpg
    Gee76.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 298
  • buckets

A video of the longest layout at Wellington Hill. Not hugely different from the last one posted at RSC when it was still up due to time spent at work.

Tried an HD upload which seems to have resulted in larger resolution, but no more quality. No sound as I can't get fraps to record it...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9zG8kDPrZ8[/ame]

Here is my WIP located near my home town. Bring on a real track joiner (vertices) in BTB, at the moment it is possible with reasonable results, but with all the joins and intersections I have this is going to be very time consuming, as track builders we have enough to do as it is and this simple task has been made very clumsy and awkward, Node to node just isnt good enough.

GOOD LUCK ....

A lot of us been waiting for Piddy to do this ...Me probably the LONGEST!

I finally put several projects on "Infinate" hold until track joins become eaiser to manage and Background Image can be blended into the road surface like it is with terrain ... a feature that was mentioned over 8 months ago ...

Lots of cool stuff hass been added but the BASE of BTB is not done yet ...

ROAD and TERRAIN should be the biggest priorities in BTB then all the fluff ...

everything else can be done easilly with other programs ... but the terrain and the road is by far ... the hardest things to do in track building and should be the main concern ...

Now I am not saying that having the rest of the stuff in BTB is not a joy to include .... but to add stuff and not have the main stuff done yet ...

but hey .... I am a BTB faithful ... and will just have to wait ...

You will find out that you have a monster on your hands ...

and your in for some real fun hair pulling episodes once you start importing that into rFactor ...

Not to discourage you ... but until Piddy makes the joining of track segments easier ... I would just shelf it ...

You can do all with 3dsmax, what btb does, but many more.
BTB has the decisive advantage, it is faster and the handle is much easier.

BTB is made for some games, for example multimaterial in original rbr file form convert is not working. so i doesn´t need that.....

stick crosssections will not work with btb. the roadmesh will created as the 3dsmax function "loft". you must breake the loft to weld it right-angled with an other. if you brake, you can´t go back and change the roadmesh as the same way as created.

you demand to much from piddy. he hasn´t implement some without sense (something is not nesesary to me, but for others it is very usefull)

You go the right way Piddy (but always the balance act between all supported games)

Lamda

I have to chuckle at all the suggestions people make that they think are "MUST HAVE!!!" and it always seems to come with the expectation that it will be free. Heck some people must think I have cloned myself or something. Just say it enough and Piddy will make it!!

Perhaps I can do all these things ... just after I find a cure for cancer and thaw out the Duke ...

Anyway .. enough out of context stuff, this thread is for screenshots. This is the place for suggestions ... http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/15434-improvement-suggestions.html and try to be sensible. ;)

You' re right Piddy. You are doing a amazing work,with the coding and evoluting your software with the cooperation of Black.f, openning your mind to all users to try putting best and more interesting features on it.
Take it easy (if you can :rotfl:) and keep the good work becouse for my opinion, you are becoming the RBR track modelling future and the whole RBR communitty, not only moders, need to thanks you for your long and extensive aportation! :laugh2:

• jocalabrese

These are just three shots from Sweet Lamb SS for RBR. Based on WRC 2008 real stage. Textures are original RBR ones or modifications. Some objects imported from RBR, waiting now for jay_p_666 xpack for a big bunch of them!

Eno72 For the altitude level, as you did?

Se mi risp in italiano ci capisco di Più!:rotfl:

PS: I have used 3droutebuilder but not is completely linear?
I Have many jump why?

Good day

My Comment was no way meant as a "COMPLAINT" nor a DEMAND ...

I have fully supported BTB from the start ...

And having released some 15 tracks and several more ... in standby mode ...

I do belive I know what the capabilities are and most of its limitations.

But, I do know this much ... having played with BTB since the original Demo ... before the Dinosaurs romed the earth and you were not able to Save or export creations ... just lopok at them and go AHHHHHHH

I have watched and been amazed at the journey this program has transformed into.

However ... I still am in the mindset that road and Terrain make the track ... not all the eyecandy ...

But ... with every release and update ... I still am shocked and worship the improvements...

I also know what goes on behind the scene in the programming department side and the amount of work that it takes ... having first hand experince in programming (thank gawd I no longer have to deal with that part of my insanity) ...

Not once have I ever put down BTB ... I have Praised this work from the start.

I will continue to praise it.

So if you think I am complaining ... well ... you simply have misread my remarks ...

My comment about the multiple track joining is justified ... I know ... I have a monster that I started a while back that is trully just that ... with over 15 miles of road and lots of elevation changes ... I have tryied several methodologies to make the task of multiple joins less painful ...

needles to say ... it is a lot of work ... trial and error ... and tons of exporting and testing ....

I can show you a 25 miler as well ... That the terrain was done well before the gift of "Automatic Generation" and the "fill" function ...

Anyway ... I am way off-topic and will get of the soapbox and retire back into the dawg house ...

Sorry Brendon, if you felt as if I was steping on your toes!

I know you have lots of great thing in store for us down the road ...

Heres a few snaps of my current project.
The "High Speed Ring" from Gran Turismo 4.
All objects are my creations & an Xpack will be made available eventually.
Cheers

Attachments

• GRAB_060sml.jpg
    GRAB_060sml.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 232
  • GRAB_061sml.jpg
    GRAB_061sml.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 228
  • GRAB_063sml.jpg
    GRAB_063sml.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Aerial.jpg
    Aerial.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 225
Hi Delu
It's an xpack object.
I find it much easier to work with than the wall method.
Some pics attached for you.

(5th place at Qatar, Nice work Andrea):rotfl:

Attachments

• tunnel1.jpg
    tunnel1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 207
  • tunnel2.jpg
    tunnel2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 211
  • tunnel3.jpg
    tunnel3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 217
  • tunnel4.jpg
    tunnel4.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 224
really nice entrance to the tunnel also. I'm wondering how you made the pretty bank on the left: is it made on the terrain or on the track itself? On terrain it's not possible to map textures and I can see transitions between ground and grass, isn't it?

sorry, the last picture explains it all: it is part of the object.

Hi Delu
It's an xpack object.
I find it much easier to work with than the wall method.
Some pics attached for you.

(4th place at Qatar, Nice work Andrea):rotfl:

LOL!! thanks!
When I will finish my track I will look if a "capped wall" as I do for my tunnels is easy to remap in max, else I will do a tunnel with some elements!
Of course, mate, looking forward both for your track and for your marvellous xpacks!

really nice entrance to the tunnel also. I'm wondering how you made the pretty bank on the left: is it made on the terrain or on the track itself? On terrain it's not possible to map textures and I can see transitions between ground and grass, isn't it?

sorry, the last picture explains it all: it is part of the object.

The bank on the left is actually made as a road.
I just made the texture up & put some soft edges to match the grass.
I really needed a track there so that i could link the terrain to it.

I can post a version of my tunnel if you guys want to have a look at it or use it.
I will have to modify it first as it is probably too long for most uses.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back