• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Work in Motorsports

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by BoogerMac, Jan 29, 2017.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    Does anyone here work in the motorsports industry? If so, what do you do?

2. Rob Every

Rob Every

Ratings:
    +109
    If you want to, you will rarely get in from outside unless you are very young, it is one of the most closed industries out there.

They will rather take someone with half the potential from within the industry than someone who is willing to learn and start from the bottom. Believe me I have tried hence the bitterness.

3. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    Interesting...

I'm actually not looking to break into the industry...I enjoy my work/life balance :). Just curious how many around here are involved in motorsports since this is a community based around the sport (kind of).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wayne Kerr

Wayne Kerr

Ratings:
    +0
    got in over 10 years ago. still doing it. right now I work dual programs (open and closed wheel)

5. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict" Premium

Ratings:
    +655
    If you wanted to get into motorsports one avenue is by volunteering as a flag marshall with your local circuit/track, you'll need to learn some stuff about safety etc and it might not get you into the pits on a regular basis, but its a start.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1