F1 2013 windows 8.1

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
hi guys,since installing 8.1 F1 stopped working so tried reinstalling and now have the message
'cannot initialise graphics:directX 10 or 11 support required.
any ideas?

All I know is Codemasters are looking into it.

It is also the reason why I will not touch Windows 8.1 with a bargepole. The few good things are way out weighed by a bad gaming experience across quite a few games, especially with Steam.

I don't want to even think about Origin or the Ubisoft launcher.

This is also the reason I am still running on Windows 7 (which is working great btw). Don't want to risk that games and other applications all of a sudden stop working.

A tripple A game developer however should have had this covered though.

If there isn't a restore point, I guess it would have to be a W8 'Refresh' of the operating system.

Control Panel > Recovery > Open System Restore

You may have to choose a different restore point if the last one wasn't the 8.1 upgrade. In the past you couldn't really roll back service packs, so I don't know if it will be an option for 8.1.

Personally in these situations I would have done an image backup of C drive before installing 8.1, so that I could restore the image if I didn't like what I saw. The great advantage of having a few huge, but cheap USB 3 hard drives which can easily store multiple images :)

I can confirm that Windows 8.1 doesnt actually support F1 at all what so ever,today i had to reinstall my windows twice cuz i was so pumped about that it had better performance at battlefield 4 but when i realised that i am unable to play f1,guess what happend in the next 30 minutes here we go again with a fresh install of windows 7 t.t .Also FXAA/Smaa/SweetFX all sorts of injectors doesnt work for some reason ?
Am i the only one that had this problem ?
Everything Works fine on Win7 thou.

I can confirm that Windows 8.1 doesnt actually support F1 at all what so ever,today i had to reinstall my windows twice cuz i was so pumped about that it had better performance at battlefield 4 but when i realised that i am unable to play f1,guess what happend in the next 30 minutes here we go again with a fresh install of windows 7 t.t .Also FXAA/Smaa/SweetFX all sorts of injectors doesnt work for some reason ?
Am i the only one that had this problem ?
Everything Works fine on Win7 thou.
Well 8.1 does support F1 games, but it depends on the system using it. Mine's runs F1 2013 perfectly with the disabling of Steam In-game Interface.

SweetFX and other injections disable Steam connection or you didn't install them correctly.

Well,i`ve installed it the same way i did at windows 7,
Also i have no idea why the game didnt want even to start ,i had a rough guess it was Win8 but it might that i had the same error as the person above,"cannot initialise graphics:directX 10 or 11 support required".It might be related to SFX only.
Just for the record,the game inself plays really well with smoothframes after the nvidia sli fix since codemasters managed to brake it at patch 2.
I might give it another go after i have more spare time but overall i kinda dislike windows 8 to be honest and i might stick with it .
Just point it out,I never had a problem with SFX/Injecors under Win7 those problems appeared at Win8.
Also i would like to point out that im running the game with enabled steam in-game UI and it works ok,

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.