why are mods not working for me????

hello im new here and to the game but i have followed some people on youtube on how to install mods on assetto corsa but there don't work for me the cars or the tracks please can some one help me.
1) I install the mods
2) I setup the cars and the installed tracks and then wait for the race/sprint/whatever to load and then a error code comes up saying the content of the car/track is not there.
please can some one help me.

I can tell you it worked with me sow you can play assetto corsa now with all the mods, you just have to install steam porperly and first uninstall it completely just remove steam from your computer and download it and install it on C: drive and then install assetto corsa and extract all the files there, thanks, Kinnd regards, Bram Pietersen

he is doing everthing right, I have the same problem I have installed steam on my C:hardrive but there is any folder with steamapps or assetto corsa it just plays it from my another folder in C: where steam installed it, I cant figure out why its not working but can please anybody help me?
I had the same problem but fixed it what i did is go onto steam/library/assettocorsa/localfiles/browselocalfiles/content/tracks (cars) then put the mod in there and it should work hope this works if not i have no idea but text me on steam at alexsupra600 and i will try and help you sove it as i know how frustrating this is

Is this solved for the two people running genuine AC (couldn't give a hoot for the pirate who by not sending Kunos money is making all expansions more expensive for me, so is stealing all our money in effect).
I can't understand why people insist that Steam/Steamapps/Common/assettocorsa must only be on C drive. The game files can be anywhere you tell steam to put it. Finding it is all that's important no need for uninstall/reinstall usually.
Given what's already been suggested if it's still not working, are you sure:
1. That your unzipping the files correctly with full pathnames, using 7zip or other extraction software, before copying the files to their correct places? Easy error to make when new to mod installing.
2. You are installing the mods before the game is running? Mods don't appear in the game if you have it running at the time. Some games even require Steam to be restarted before mods appear ( think AC is just game and not Steam though)
3. Cars and tracks don't require 'switching on' but some mods (eg. Helicorsa and FFB clip) need to be activated under Options, General and scroll down to tick the activate boxes)
4. Finally - the mod is one that's compatible with the latest release of the game? Assetto is regularly updated and sometimes those updates can break a mod - so it can be worth checking it should still work.
Hope this helps someone.

Do you have a few specific examples of those mod cars ?

EDIT the reason of this question is the fact that I have Content Manager - Custom Shaders Patch and Sol ... so I cannot know what's happening if some cars are especially prepared for them for those who didn't install this Patch

Last edited:
ciao sono nuovo qui e al gioco ma ho seguito alcune persone su youtube su come installare le mod su assetto corsa ma non funzionano per me le auto o le piste per favore qualcuno può aiutarmi.
1) installo le mod
2) Ho impostato le auto e le piste installate e quindi aspetto che la gara/lo sprint/qualsiasi cosa si carichi e poi viene visualizzato un codice di errore che dice che il contenuto della macchina/della pista non è presente.
per favore qualcuno può aiuta

hello im new here and to the game but i have followed some people on youtube on how to install mods on assetto corsa but there don't work for me the cars or the tracks please can some one help me.
1) I install the mods
2) I setup the cars and the installed tracks and then wait for the race/sprint/whatever to load and then a error code comes up saying the content of the car/track is not there.
please can some one help me.
I had the same problem, you Just have to replace the collider.kn5 with another One (from kunos cars if possibile, you can get It by unpacking the car from the content manager) , It worked for all my cars ,obviously try to find a Collider with the right size It Will effect the in game car behaviour.
(Sorry for my english im Italiano)

I had the same problem, you Just have to replace the collider.kn5 with another One (from kunos cars if possibile, you can get It by unpacking the car from the content manager) , It worked for all my cars ,obviously try to find a Collider with the right size It Will effect the in game car behaviour.
(Sorry for my english im Italiano)
Nö need to unpack anything, the collider.kn5 are just there inside the cars' folders.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back