1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC why are mods not working for me????

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Geraint Matulla, Feb 6, 2015.

1. hello im new here and to the game but i have followed some people on youtube on how to install mods on assetto corsa but there don't work for me the cars or the tracks please can some one help me.
    1) I install the mods
    2) I setup the cars and the installed tracks and then wait for the race/sprint/whatever to load and then a error code comes up saying the content of the car/track is not there.
    please can some one help me.
  2. It should be pretty straightforward, can't even begin to guess what you might be doing wrong.

Just copy the downloaded folder with car or track name in to your assettocorsa/content/cars (or tracks) folder. That really is all you need to do.
  3. im doing everything right its just not letting me play the car/tracks
  4. Then I'm clueless.
  5. hahaha thanks me to haha
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Please describe the steps you are following upon installing a mod as obviously you aren't doing everything right, then it would have worked :)

Maybe a screenshot of your folder? Are you 100% sure you are installing a mod for Assetto Corsa and not another game? Have you tried deleting your entire AC folder and reboot the game via steam so you have a fresh install and try from there?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ok ill try to make a short video of what i do
  8. this is what i get when starting the race with a mod gokart

Attached Files:

9. this are my files and you can see the route i have made to put them there on the bar in the middle top

Attached Files:

10. Have you tried this ? Sometimes something is missing or corrupted
    In the Steam App
    Right click on Assetto Corsa
    • Click on Properties.
    • Go to the Local Files tab.
    • Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
    • Prepare to wait 10-15 minutes while it checks.
  11. ok ill try it now
  12. You're doing it wrong Sir. Mods don't go in the Documents folder.

You're supposed to put them in Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/content/(cars or tracks).

EDIT: Integrity Check will be a waste of time and a P.I.T.A., copy the mods following the path above and you'lle be fine. I wish people would read posts before replying. :rolleyes:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. do it still dosent work and iv reinstalled it omg thought this game was a good one ahaha
  14. the assetto corsa file is not there in the steam apps file for me
  15. Did you change your Steam directory, or try to move your files after installing? Steam should install it directly into steamapps/common.
  16. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium Member

So where do you have assetto installed? Right-click on assetto in steam - properties - 'local files' tab - browse local files. That should take you to your main assetto corsa directory.
  17. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

...Steam/SteamApps/common/Assetto Corsa

That is the game directory.

Probably located in Program Files (x86) if using windows 7 or higher and default install settings.
  18. [​IMG]
  19. Geraint did the game ever work before installing mods ? If so uninstall them and re install one at a time like mentioned above....bizzare issue you are having :)
  20. he is doing everthing right, I have the same problem I have installed steam on my C:hardrive but there is any folder with steamapps or assetto corsa it just plays it from my another folder in C: where steam installed it, I cant figure out why its not working but can please anybody help me?