F1 2012 Who would you like the licensce to be given to?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Let me start this one! And ye, I know it's a pointless argument. But still interesting nonetheless.

So, say Codemasters didn't have the license this year, who would you give it to if you had a choice?

I would probably give it to SimBin. Their games have enough of a sim element so that both hardcore and casual racers can enjoy them. Sadly for me, while F1 2010 and 11 have had some awesome features, it's just to buggy and arcadey for my liking.

For example, the setups are mostly scales, as opposed to actual values. And the career mode questions and answers seem too rigid. Anyone else believe another company can improve on Codemasters' efforts?

For me, I can never see Simbin doing an F1 title, as it must require a massive budget - which Codemasters can probably afford each year.

I have this notion that with F1 there is a Heritage and deep history behind being in a Europe/UK, But i have no problems with different sim racing developers to come together and create the ultimate F1 title. eg (a little of Codemasters, some Simbin etc)

Are we going to find a US developers that is passionate about the sport F1, if so, so prove me wrong with a dedicated F1 title

PS this is my humble opinion and not a domestic disturbance :)

I think a good choice would be Turn 10 Studios. They already have a relationship with Pirelli using their tire data, and I think they would do better on the off-track stuff, like they do in Forza. EA would be another choice, look at what they do in football and soccer. I still think Codemasters puts out a half worked product, I've never had games as buggy as theirs.

Sorry didn't mean to cause a stir, just because, well its just I think the country who has the most knowledge in f1 and where most the teams are based would have a better inside of the game. And it would be more benificial if it kept in Europe because it's nowhere near as popular in the USA. Maybe just an arrogent grudge. Also after all the work codemasters have put in it seems a waste to go somewhere else. I agree with you others some of the best racing games are US made, like the Forza series.

I'm not really happy with codemasters' work...but I hate EA. I have a feeling if EA got it the game would cost $60 and come with the option to drive for one team then charge extra for changing teams/helmets/liveries. There is the possibility that they'd make one game and add DRM/DLC for future and past championships, but they'd charge such ridiculous prices that I'd never go for it.

Also if EA got it they would focus on consoles more than PC, like they always have done.

It'd be cool to see what SMS did with a F1 license, but they're already balls deep in PCARS, it's got "Formula A" and while it's not officially licensed f1, it could be cool.

I'm not really happy with codemasters' work...but I hate EA. I have a feeling if EA got it the game would cost $60 and come with the option to drive for one team then charge extra for changing teams/helmets/liveries. There is the possibility that they'd make one game and add DRM/DLC for future and past championships, but they'd charge such ridiculous prices that I'd never go for it.

Also if EA got it they would focus on consoles more than PC, like they always have done.

It'd be cool to see what SMS did with a F1 license, but they're already balls deep in PCARS, it's got "Formula A" and while it's not officially licensed f1, it could be cool.

Yes - and don't forget EA's wonderful distribution/DRM 'service', Origin. What a load of rubbish that is; if you want the patch for Fifa 12, you can't simply install just the patch - you have to reinstall the entire game. But wait, it gets worse! Even if you have the disc version, if you want the patch as well, you'll have to download the whole game and the patch through Origin. I tried reinstalling with my disc, then updating the patch - but it didn't work: none of the patch's changes were in evidence. Upon downloading the whole game and patch through Origin, the patch was properly installed.

So anyone but EA!

Yes - and don't forget EA's wonderful distribution/DRM 'service', Origin. What a load of rubbish that is; if you want the patch for Fifa 12, you can't simply install just the patch - you have to reinstall the entire game. But wait, it gets worse! Even if you have the disc version, if you want the patch as well, you'll have to download the whole game and the patch through Origin. I tried reinstalling with my disc, then updating the patch - but it didn't work: none of the patch's changes were in evidence. Upon downloading the whole game and patch through Origin, the patch was properly installed.

So anyone but EA!

Yea origin is just a steam knock off so that EA doesn't have to give any money to valve to have steam. EA just hasn't gotten their system quite as ironed out as steam yet and I don't think they will for a while.

Bizzare Creations.
I remember F1 97 being well ahead of it's time for a console racer.
It had a cockpit view, flag rules.
Your visor got dirty and it had rip offs.
Run onto the grass or gravel your tyres got grass and or dirt on them and you had to clean it off.
Although the handling was arcade the other factors I mentioned added a sim aspect and made it a great racing game.

I think it even had a pit crew too during pit stops.

Someone besides Codemasters or EA. None of them have an interest in developing simulations. They just want to create arcade racers that just show off the graphical capability of the engine used to develop the game.

I don't care who it is. Long as they actually want to make a sim. No auto pilot on pit road, no auto pit stops, no arcade flyovers of the grid, no flashbacks. I want an F1 sim. To this day, I'm still waiting for someone to beat Grand Prix 4. Then again, Geoff Crammond was a once in a lifetime legend, so the odds of that actually happening are highly unlikely.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back