Who bought G29 / G920 and is disappointed?

I just received my G920 and saw the manufacturer forums that does not work in PC yet. Neither model, actually.

And now, what I do? I want to play .... = /

Which one is the best alternative? Thurstmaster T300 or T500?

Lol! So I guess it´s better to buy two th8 ;)
Thanks for sharing some info about this, now I got more stuff on my wish list.
I had the th8 when I was using the TX wheel but that died and I bought the g920 and got the logitech shifter half price so if you want to buy 2 TH8RS for a shed loads then fine but the logitech shifter at £24.99 is a good substitute.

Upvote 0
Get an SHH 7R (or even two). It switches between H and Seq with a push and twist of the stick and the flick of a switch on the side. You can also get a dedicated Seq plate with it as well, if you wanna use it strictly as such. And it's simply awesome! :thumbsup:

http://www.shiftershh.es/en.html

Upvote 0
Does not look to bad! Will have a closer look at this one as well!
Thnx PicoBp
It definitely takes a beating, simple but brilliant construction, and the guy who makes them provides top-notch support. I was one of the first to receive the new 7R version (order was for the old one, so it was a pleasant surprise), and it came with some misterious random disconnect issue when put in two of the gears. Had a chat with him on FB and amongst many apologies he sent me whole new electronics and a 6 speed plate gratis, all free of charge. So can only recommend the product, in my opinion it's currently the best bang for the buck that you can get (and I originally wanted a TH8A to match my all-TM setup). ;)

Upvote 0
I got the G29 and I am absolutely happy with it. Having problems with the FFB in the F1 games is Codemasters fault.
I mainly use the wheel for REAL sim racing like iRacing and the FFB is just beautiful there. Also the grip on the wheel and the overall condition of it is fantastic (+No sweating even after 6 hours straight racing). Positioning of some buttons could be improved but thats all. and the pedals are nuts.

Upvote 0
So I bought the g29 last week started to play f1 2013 with no problems then played gt6 again with no problems. I then put f1 2013 back on and now every time I turn the wheel right it disconnects and connects if I keep the wheel to the left it's fine but as soon as I turn it to the right it keeps turning on and off. Can anyone help.

Upvote 0
So I bought the g29 last week started to play f1 2013 with no problems then played gt6 again with no problems. I then put f1 2013 back on and now every time I turn the wheel right it disconnects and connects if I keep the wheel to the left it's fine but as soon as I turn it to the right it keeps turning on and off. Can anyone help.

I have not played this game myself but I have read about the F1 Codemasters issues with G29 wheels. I have no idea if they are sorting this out, try to search for this issue and you will probably find out more!

Upvote 0
It depends, all different classes but doing it this way, I don't have to keep changing the th8 from sequential to shifter every time I change class plus I picked up the logitech shifter half price. I also use paddle shifter as well and if I play dirt rally I can use the th8 as a handbrake.
Very logical of you, since the Logitech shifter obviously only does H-pattern.
But it's a real shame, since from my experience H-pattern is where the TH8A is at it's best.

Using the Logitech H-pattern and the TH8A sequential is a real pity, unless you are the kind of guy who runs sequential almost all the time and only uses H-pattern very occasionally.

Upvote 0
I have not played this game myself but I have read about the F1 Codemasters issues with G29 wheels. I have no idea if they are sorting this out, try to search for this issue and you will probably find out more!
I have searched everywhere but nothing really helps. it was working perfect on f1 2013 until I swapped games then it decided to play up. I am going to test it on gt6 again tonight and if it's still playing up its going back to where I bought it and I won't be buying another one. piece of s**t

Upvote 0
I have searched everywhere but nothing really helps. it was working perfect on f1 2013 until I swapped games then it decided to play up. I am going to test it on gt6 again tonight and if it's still playing up its going back to where I bought it and I won't be buying another one. piece of s**t

Ok, but from what I heard it is Codemasters glitch, so it will probably work in GT6.
If F1 2013 is an important game then I guess your only way around it is to get an other wheel like thrustmaster or so.

Upvote 0
Ok, but from what I heard it is Codemasters glitch, so it will probably work in GT6.
If F1 2013 is an important game then I guess your only way around it is to get an other wheel like thrustmaster or so.
, the g29 works fine on gt6 and on the ps4 too ( Dirt2/Dirt3,Assetto work well) ,f1 2013 is crap,f1 2015 has calibrationissues and wont even stay in the centre,LFS i cant get to work fullythe codemasters F1 Games arnt even , close to assetto,try out the sf15Ts in AC ,f1 2013 isnt a very optimised game,and codemasters are always slow to respond to "2nd/3rd party controller isssue's ,ive gave up on those games ,bottom line out of the g29 and g920 get a g29 unless you want a xbox1 wheel ,that doesnt work well on most PC games

Upvote 0
Yeah i do like f1 2013 as it has the old cars to be honest I have not tried 2015 yet. I tried the wheel again tonight i think it's a fault with the wheel itself. Not sure if there is some kind of sensor inside but when when I turn the wheel slightly to the right the green light turns off and no buttons work but when I turn back to the left the green light comes back on and every button works and that's with no game in the console. I am sending it back now and hopefully get a refund then will probely go for the t500rs which I'm told is worth a go.

Upvote 0
oh and changing vsync does absolutely nothing to FFB in game ....,the problem with f1 2013/15 is the overclipping so im told....
it was working perfect on f1 2013 before I was starting to enjoy it. I'm certain that it's a fault with the wheel as turning it slighty to the right it seems to switch off then turn back to the left and it lights back up and that's with no game in the console

Upvote 0
Yeah i do like f1 2013 as it has the old cars to be honest I have not tried 2015 yet. I tried the wheel again tonight i think it's a fault with the wheel itself. Not sure if there is some kind of sensor inside but when when I turn the wheel slightly to the right the green light turns off and no buttons work but when I turn back to the left the green light comes back on and every button works and that's with no game in the console. I am sending it back now and hopefully get a refund then will probely go for the t500rs which I'm told is worth a go.

I Think you do the right thing! I bet t500rs is a real monster :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back