F1 2012 Which track do you dislike?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Honestly? India.

I've tried it a dozen times, and I NEVER found a flow on that track; some of the corners seem to have been designed to make drivers furious (as could be seen last year - Massa vs. Hamilton).

I do like Abu Dhabi - it actually has quite a nice flow if you've found your rhythm, and the ambiance is fantastic.

But all the Tilke tracks look the same. Where have the good old days of Imola, Nürburgring, (old) Hockenheimring and all these tracks gone? :cry:

Honestly? India.

I've tried it a dozen times, and I NEVER found a flow on that track; some of the corners seem to have been designed to make drivers furious (as could be seen last year - Massa vs. Hamilton).

I do like Abu Dhabi - it actually has quite a nice flow if you've found your rhythm, and the ambiance is fantastic.

But all the Tilke tracks look the same. Where have the good old days of Imola, Nürburgring, (old) Hockenheimring and all these tracks gone? :cry:

Agreed on India. Actually I find some flow thought S2 and the middle of S3 but there is not overtaking place other that the long straight. I don't really like it as well.

Watching a race at Abu Dhabi is **** but driving on it is actually not bad if you're racing marginally slower guy who's just in front of you. I did some racing there with a mate there few weeks ago and spent good 25+ laps trying to overtake him. Felt like Alonso vs. Petrov, he'd just accelarate after the hairpin (and use good amount of his KERS) and I'll never get close enough to attack him properly. Repeat for 25+ laps, it was cool.

Old Hockenheimring? It was a special place because of the monster engines and the trees near the track (and the sound it created) but it wasn't that good of track. And knowing FIA they'd just slap a DRS zone at the start of the straight and it would be like watching Indy with multiple passes every lap.

But uh...it's a night race! Let's be honest: Tilke is limited by the FIA as well, that may be a problem. :/

I know he's limited by FIA and these run-off places are there because of that but come on. That hairpin before the straight is absolutely absurd, no two way about it. As Kimi would say "The first few corners are okay but the rest is ****" lol

Malaysia is Tilke's best word. Really nice flow.

Reactions: Tom
Monaco....errr.....well....is it me or is the track just getting narrower?? :roflmao:

Yes, the layout is beautiful but with the new kerbs and bumpy surface the game control is not precise enough to manage it sometimes you'll try to correct it a bit and bam! you're in the wall. Mostly in Saint Devote or Rivage.
But I personally love Monaco. In that cockpit view just seems insane.

Well, didn't get any answer so I suppose it's from the game.

And I don't know why you guys like or dislike a track just because you're slow at it. Heck, I'm slow at Spa, but it's one of my favorite tracks. It's a thread on which tracks you dislike, not on which tracks you're slow. :)

Because i don't like to lose! :p

Spa! Same to me, really like the track but at least this year im bad in Spa.
But i really like Valencia, one of my favorites, even now in 2012 that im not so good at it. ;)

its funny how many people dont like china. In 2011 i used it as my 'test track' when i was trying to come up with a decent wheel setup and then car setup, so i spent an awful lot of time on it and its one of my favourites. Ironically i love the first 2 corners!

Tracks i dislike -

Korea - Its all over the place, like some little kid created the track layout with a crayon. The run off areas are massive and it was a total corner cutter and haven for cheats in 2011. I cant stand it. It reminds me of driving round Morrisons car park. And its within bombing range of north korea, which is not a good thing. Shouldnt even be on the calendar.

Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, India, USA - these are somehow all the same in my view. I know theyre not, literally, and its hard to know why i dont like them but i dont. There's just something about them all... they somehow feel boring, unatmospheric... almost soulless.

To be fair the only tracks i really like (with the exception of china and a few others) are the ones that were on geoff crammonds formula one grand prix lol. The new tracks remind me of new football stadiums. All the same and boring.

Most disliked - Hungary. It's an absolutely pointless track.

Not very fond of Korea either and China seems boring sometimes.

I know this is the "disliked tracks" thread but I want to point out that in 2011 I couldn't get along with Buddh circuit and it was amongst the disliked tracks. In 2012 I actually managed competitive lap times and the more I drive on it the more I love it :D

Korea- Can't get a consistent lap in, I always lose time in at least one sector.
India- Sector 2 is too narrow, there is no flow. The corners in sector 2 are too close to each other.
Barcelona- Nice track but I didn't really like it before and I don't like it even more with the chicane at the end of the lap.
Silverstone- Much prefer the old layout.
Hockenheim- Much prefer the old layout.
Abu Dhabi- Boring track, whenever I race there I'm just wishing the race will be over.
Austin- One word: Tilke.

Seriously F1, let someone else have a go at designing a track.

Weird that everyone hates China,in my opinion the first and second turn is awesome i love too drive China,i actually like most of the tracks they all got something,but if i need too choose one i dislike the most its Singapore for me.

I also find China very enjoyable, when I was testing setups in F1 2011 I made like 100+ laps in every of the first 5-6 races and China really grew on me. The first turn looks like the one in Malaysia but is actually quite different. It's much slower and the entry towards T2 is much more dependant on the way you take on T1. I enjoy it especially in online races when I get it right and get every bit of traction available and the guy in front of it cocks it up a bit and then we have a little drag race towards T3 (or is it technically T4?)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%