Which sim has the most realistic FFB

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Not directly Sim Racing Hardware related, but couldn't find better place to post it as we don't have generic sim games subforum.
But as FFB applies to steering wheels which are hardware, I think it would right at home here.
Mod, please feel free to move if that breaks any rules.

So the question,
Which racing sim has the most realistic FFB.

Pick one.

You can also list sim titles you played from best to worst FFB in reply with wheel base in use if possible. :thumbsup:
Sometimes favorite does not have the best FFB, please specify that as well if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

I understand what you're saying, but with all due respect, I do not want to hurt myself. I don't care what others say if I get different results. If you found a way to prevent the wheel from oscillating, please let me know. The setting of 100% DI doesn't do the job properly. Hence I had to use damping ingame.
Currently I have damping set to 10% in Truedrive (again, DI damping 100%). Do I need to set it higher to negate using ACC damping effects?
Yes, I have no oscillation with my settings that do not use DI damping at all. DI damper slider in TD only controls DI damper effect if it's already in the signal (set in game), if it's 0 in game 0 x 100% = 0. What I was saying that TD native damper, along with friction (constantly operating filters section, not DI) can be much better for adding additional oscillation taming resistance to the wheel without introducing extra noise to the signal as they operate at HW level. We can continue discussion in that GD thread I linked, if you'd like, so we don't derail this thread. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

I understand what you're saying, but with all due respect, I do not want to hurt myself. I don't care what others say if I get different results. If you found a way to prevent the wheel from oscillating, please let me know. The setting of 100% DI doesn't do the job properly. Hence I had to use damping ingame.
Currently I have damping set to 10% in Truedrive (again, DI damping 100%). Do I need to set it higher to negate using ACC damping effects?
i dont have sumucube but i agree i tried using damper only on wheel and disable damping in all my sims , and in ACC use 0% dynamic damper, but i found it better to use 0 damper on wheel and set damper per sim, so i use 0 damper in wheel and 100% damper in ACC and all sims i use some dampers from 50 to 100% and its better and more universal, must not set wheel settings per sim, just use one for all

Upvote 0
Yes, I have no oscillation with my settings that do not use DI damping at all. DI damper slider in TD only controls DI damper effect if it's already in the signal (set in game), if it's 0 in game 0 x 100% = 0. What I was saying that TD native damper, along with friction (constantly operating filters section, not DI) can be much better for adding additional oscillation taming resistance to the wheel without introducing extra noise to the signal as they operate at HW level. We can continue discussion in that GD thread I linked, if you'd like, so we don't derail this thread. :thumbsup:
Thanks again Andrew for pointing me intop the right direction.
For some reason DI was on 100% in my TD profile. I was sure I set it to 0% before. :thumbsup:
Now I can leave ingame damping at 0 and wheel does not oscillate anymore.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea