Which sim has the most realistic FFB

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Not directly Sim Racing Hardware related, but couldn't find better place to post it as we don't have generic sim games subforum.
But as FFB applies to steering wheels which are hardware, I think it would right at home here.
Mod, please feel free to move if that breaks any rules.

So the question,
Which racing sim has the most realistic FFB.

Pick one.

You can also list sim titles you played from best to worst FFB in reply with wheel base in use if possible. :thumbsup:
Sometimes favorite does not have the best FFB, please specify that as well if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Not specifically FFB focused but still nice and fun to watch video from GamerMuscle rating sims from best to worse.

Upvote 0
As far as FFB goes, my list is as follows. And these are all the titles I have and race...

1- R3E. (New FFB)
2- AC (with FFB mods. LUT and another mod I can't remember its name)
3- RF2.
4- ACC
5- AMS2
6- Race 07.
7- Forza 7.

Not an extensive list, and its not my pecking order for what I'll play first. Although R3E is kind of my favorite for a few reasons. Maybe this list will change in a month or so, when my new CSL DD is shipped and arrives.

Upvote 0
AC is precise but very stale and clinical, any vintage car just feels so empty
what wheel are you running? I got an SC2, and the vintage cars, if done right, produce very lively feedback that may be lost on slower wheels (before the SC I had a sluggish DFGT... driving cars like the Alfa GTA is night and day between the two). Or driving Nicecuppatea's prewar beasts, the feel of driving basically a boat on the road transports well

Upvote 0
what wheel are you running? I got an SC2, and the vintage cars, if done right, produce very lively feedback that may be lost on slower wheels (before the SC I had a sluggish DFGT... driving cars like the Alfa GTA is night and day between the two). Or driving Nicecuppatea's prewar beasts, the feel of driving basically a boat on the road transports well

ah yeah its the g29 so that says a lot.

i will be getting the dd1 so it will be interesting to try all sims again and see what ive been missing

Upvote 0
Since SimuCube released the True Drive Paddock they have unleashed a killer app for direct drive steering. Now anyone can just bolt up their SC 2 to their rig and download a known good FFB profile that someone else has spent many hours dialing in for just about any game title. It really takes the guess work out of the equation.

I found a Dirt Rally 2 FFB profile that also included instructions for setting the DR2 in game settings and it was night and day better than what I had.

You just filter by game and car or car type and then most popular or most downloaded. The popular profiles have a little trophy on them and they will tell you if the ratings are mixed or not. They also have a filter for "realistic" or "fun"

I'm using a Jon Miller Racing profile for iRacing that is excellent.

The True Drive Paddock has profiles for just about every title. For the most popular sim titles there are profiles for individual cars and categories of cars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your comment and for clearing this up. I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. You're absolutely righ: It says "most realistic".
Nevertheless, it's hard to tell because it also depends on which car you choose.

In PC2, for example, there are some (FWD) cars whose FFB feels very realistic to me but there are also some cars where this is absolutely not the case.

I would still go for Assetto Corsa because when I was driving the Abarth 500 for the first time - back in 2014 - I thought: "Wow! How can this feel so real?!"
I was and I still am pretty convinced by AC's FBB (regarding street cars).

But to be fair: I don't like the slow-velocity-FFB/physics of AC. The cars don't roll down the hill when they are in neutral position. And - more important regarding FFB: There is absolutely no restistance/friction in the wheel when the car stands still.

Thanks again for the clarification.
when you enable damping on your steeringwheel settings (windows), you'll feel friction when standing still...

Upvote 0
Well I have limited experience but I can tell you this. A friend and I recently got to drive a real Lamborghini Huracán EVO on a track. We spent the night before on my rig in ACC running the GT3 Lambo. He made the comment 1st that it was remarkable how much similar the actual car felt to the sim.

Upvote 0
Only you don't need one if using Dynamic Damper, which even other Kunos devs agree to.
Not that I completely disagree with you, but without the ingame Dampening (on 30-50) I can get some oscillations when I "disturb" the wheel on fast, long straights. Not as bad as Aris showed in his video. On SimuCube2. Truedrive Profile very close to the typical ones you find in Profiler and on GD forums.
With dampening I do not get any oscillations and I do not really feel a significant negative impact on FFB.

Upvote 0
Realistic FFB?

Since RL cars don't have canned effects like scrub, slip angle and the option to increase road vibrations would that not eliminate several sims?

Personally, with the amount of customizable options in the majority of sims I find they give more tire detail/ffb than RL.
It also depends on what RL vehicles were comparing it too.
I'm no RL race car driver, but I have driven karts and alot of modified off-road vehicles.
In a kart with a fresh pair of slicks at optimal temps, during corning, the most natural ffb/slip/grip feeling I've felt in any title.....surprisingly came from a select few cars in PC2....I can't believe I said that lol

As for the OP original question....I'd have to go with iRacing as it doesn't have the canned effects which I find realistic.

Best sim FFB....I'd go with ACC or RF2

The fact I don't own a high end DD wheel to replicate the RL torque values and effects, you can basically throw my reply out the window lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Not that I completely disagree with you, but without the ingame Dampening (on 30-50) I can get some oscillations when I "disturb" the wheel on fast, long straights. Not as bad as Aris showed in his video. On SimuCube2. Truedrive Profile very close to the typical ones you find in Profiler and on GD forums.
With dampening I do not get any oscillations and I do not really feel a significant negative impact on FFB.
Why would you want to pollute signal with DI effect if SC2 has much better and cleaner native damper (constantly operating filter). Compare two to see which one you like better.

We discussed it here, and Gergo (pankykapus) confirmed later that SC users can just ignore it as it's mostly for wheel that only support DI damper.

Upvote 0
Why would you want to pollute signal with DI effect if SC2 has much better and cleaner native damper (constantly operating filter). Compare two to see which one you like better.

We discussed it here, and Gergo (pankykapus) confirmed later that SC users can just ignore it as it's mostly for wheel that only support DI damper.
I understand what you're saying, but with all due respect, I do not want to hurt myself. I don't care what others say if I get different results. If you found a way to prevent the wheel from oscillating, please let me know. The setting of 100% DI doesn't do the job properly. Hence I had to use damping ingame.
Currently I have damping set to 10% in Truedrive (again, DI damping 100%). Do I need to set it higher to negate using ACC damping effects?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

Realistic FFB?

Since RL cars don't have canned effects like scrub, slip angle and the option to increase road vibrations would that not eliminate several sims?

Personally, with the amount of customizable options in the majority of sims I find they give more tire detail/ffb than RL.
It also depends on what RL vehicles were comparing it too.
I'm no RL race car driver, but I have driven karts and alot of modified off-road vehicles.
In a kart with a fresh pair of slicks at optimal temps, during corning, the most natural ffb/slip/grip feeling I've felt in any title.....surprisingly came from a select few cars in PC2....I can't believe I said that lol

As for the OP original question....I'd have to go with iRacing as it doesn't have the canned effects which I find realistic.

Best sim FFB....I'd go with ACC or RF2

The fact I don't own a high end DD wheel to replicate the RL torque values and effects, you can basically throw my reply out the window lol
lol i agree with pCARS2 have so much natural ffb, simmers spoiled in AC of course dont like it cause no weight transfer etc (as in real car we would even have weight transfer.... it just kids who never drive real car lol) but i must admit it has so natural and realistic ffb, just physicks of cars kinda sucks, but it has ffb similar to beam.ng and iracing so much. the driver must know car better than read it from wheel ffb, and that more realistic.
as for wreckfest its still racing game i own thats why i put it there.
due to how my wheel works on it AND games purpose to wreck more than race xD i play it on keyboard but i was curious to check how wheel preforms there
i will shortly update my list and even add forza horizon 4 to it xD as i forgot i had this game as sadly my wheel not suports it now
so i got rfacot2 some time ago and i must update my list, also there was RRRE update to ffb and beam.ng update... as if we aim for REALISTIC (not IMMERSIVE or INFORMATIONAL ffb ) i mean ffb which mostly acts like real car i would tell:
1. beam.ng heavier or lighter depends if car has PS, becomes lighter when driving faster, countersteering good but not exaggerated like in AC during drift, still have to countersteer yourself to catch slide, ffb good but physicks still kinda sucks when it comes to drifting. due to no seat of pants feeling countersteering too hard to drift, even if realistic i feel like real car has much more window to catch slide, in beamng it window too narrow and car can go sideway too fast, best sim to go for road cars and have MOST REALISTIC experience (compared to road cars sim only AC and pCARS2, rest have only race cars)
2. rfactor2 so natural again, as above IN SOME cars can turn wheel and release it and it comes back to center not oscillating and car not slides cause of it. but difference to RRRE its in some cars only, some cars still will oscillate and crash... but ffb so natural , not exaggerated effects yet very informative, countersteering feel better than RRRE
3. RRRE so natural wheel straighten itself any speed any car you can just turn wheel whatever angle you want and release it and it go back to center, also slip angle good felt like real car, ffb still there not as AC you have ffb then it suddently gone cause of understeer, then its back again etc. oversteering/drifting as for beam.ng may be harder than real life cause wheel not work as aggressive as in AC so you must feel the car by your mind and guess when to countersteer, also me personally phink physicks suck in terms of drifting/oversteering
4. ACC after latest ffb update it feel so natural, i wonder if it was physicks update too, but now cars is easy to drive not like previously (m^ gt3) was like hoovercraft so slidey and not responsive, now even m6 gt3 is driving like a car, it turns etc, but thats to physicks, as for ffb its very informative, can feel slip angle finally, graining under understeer etc, also catching slides feel much better, compared to rfactor 2, but still not exaggerated as in AC1..
5. iracing i think it shall be nr 1 but well i leave it there cause slip angle is not felt so good as above sims, and i know slip angle in real life is too felt from wheel, still very natural and pretty informative
6. pCARS2 surprisingly better place than AMS2 just because its thread abous realism, and in terms of realism its better than AMS2 cause AMS2 use more exaggerated effects than real cars wheels behave, just like AC1 use... very natural, light, not too much weight transfer feel as in AC1, not too much understeer feel like in ACC, countersteering still better than beam.ng, but still very natural
7. AMS2 it would have better place if it would be abous infromtaive/immersive ffb but its abous REALISTIC, so AMS2 seems to use more like AC1 ffb very exaggerated effects to give driver all info what happen to the car on wheel, and its not natural, its not how real cars are driven just from info on wheel.. still if it was thread abous ffb informative/immersive AMS2 would be top3 but as for realistic its too exaggerated and too much info on wheel .
8. AC1 as above, but even more exaggerated info
9. wreckfest i put it just cause i put it last time xD no win in terms of raelistic VS immersive just centering spring and countersteering force, i dont even play it on wheel anymore , prefer keyboard xD

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

Aris did a brilliant video on this. And my ffb is similar to my own car now.
ffb in ACC became similar to my car just after latest update, i did not even changed one thing, sorry i changed ffb refresh from 333 to 400 , they did so much surprise to me, ACC is whole new game now

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea