Which QR is the most common/recommended ....?

guys which QR are majority of OSW Mige/VRS owners using ?

is it the SRC QR ? that one is most economical ? what would benefits of installing another more costlier QR to vrs wheel base ?
very confused.

thanks

I’m using the SRC QR on my VRS directforce pro, cheap to buy (I have 4 wheels) and very easy to fit, and simple to take the wheel on and off…. But most importantly when clamped is totally rock solid with no play at all…

What’s not to like, practicality over show I think :)

• Deleted member 197115

I wouldn't trade 2 of any other QR for the NRG knockoff Simagic (and Moza) uses. Not sure why sim manufacturers continually insist on (poorly) reinventing the wheel qr, real car engineers solved this ages ago
I remember that was a hot topic in OSW days, something about durability and maintaining solid zero play connection over multiple uses, seems like these NRG releases tend to weaken over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trade 2 of any other QR for the NRG knockoff Simagic (and Moza) uses. Not sure why sim manufacturers continually insist on (poorly) reinventing the wheel qr, real car engineers solved this ages ago
Which 2? As far as I know, NRG is the Works Bell knockoff. As long as qr I'm using in my rig has no play, I'm happy with it. I would think twice about choosing the quality qr for a real car though.

Previously I had a Tomy Racing TRX which is absolute solid, but when I got myself a second wheel I head to learn not only you cannot get the wheel side of this QR alone, but also meanwhile there's a v2, which is not backwards compatible to my v1.

After seeing some positive reviews, I decided to give those Q1R-ish parts from Aliexpress a try, and I must say I'm absolutely happy with them. Rock solid and not a bit of play.
Plus, they come with a price tag that made me buy another base side mount just to put it on the wall as a holder for the current spare wheel.

IMG_20230323_111628351_HDR.jpgIMG_20230323_111602505_HDR.jpgIMG_20230323_111538413_HDR.jpgIMG_20230323_111903907_HDR.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Some info on CubeControl branded Buchfink Q1R.

Which are the best options for Mige users? I have a Mige and only one steering wheel. It's attached to the motor with the SRC quick release. Now I'd like to use another 2 steering wheels. My initial idea was to add SRC quick releases to each wheel. The problem is that when you remove your steering wheel everything is attached to it.

Another idea is to use the Simucube 2 quick release with an adapter. Is the SC2 quick release any good, strong and without play? I have seen they sell the wheel side kit: https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sc-quick-release-wheel-side-kit/ and the motor side kit: https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sc-quick-release-motor-side-22mm-mige-motors/ and even the motor side kit with extender: https://www.simracingbay.com/product/extension-set-for-mige-motors/

Finally, I could use the Q1R, but I understand that I would need the module that attaches to the Mige (which I don't know where is sold sepparately), then an adapter from that module to 6 holes (7 cm) and then the Q1R (wheel side and motor side). Am I correct?

Maybe the best idea would but the Xero Play, with which I would only need the quick release itselft (wheel side and motor side) but still the module that attaches to my Mige.

Last edited:
I´ve been using the SC2 QR for 2 years now on up to 4 wheels.
It´s build like a tank and I would tow my car with it.
I´ve bought 2 of them used and they all fit perfectly into each other, no play and (in an annoying Will Ford voice:" no problems whatsoever" ;)

Three things to consider:

they are rather chunky and heavy, but so close to the turn axis that it does not spoil FFB.
No problem even on my ultralight full carbon formula wheel.

You will ding the paint with your Allen key when mounting it.
You can minimize that with a long ball head Allen key, maybe put shrink wrap or similar on the shaft.

Some people consider the loose mounting pin a disadvantage, I do not.
Just never put it down, when it´s not in your hand put it back into the QR:

TLDR: would definitely buy again.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

MicroCenter sells Xero-Play now, at a good price. I'll probably redo all my Buchfink Q1Rs with those at some point.
SC2 QR is a not really "quick", getting stuck, had that pin sticking out to catch on cables, heavy and thick.

I still wouldn't trade 2 of any other QR for the NRG knockoff Simagic (and Moza) uses even though now you can find them for like half the cost of most of the other options.

• Deleted member 197115

I still wouldn't trade 2 of any other QR for the NRG knockoff Simagic (and Moza) uses even though now you can find them for like half the cost of most of the other options.
I was mounting Ascher F64V3 to Buchfink Q1R today and noticed this part from its manual, these NGR style mounts are they really can only be mounted by screwing into QR from wheel side.
1694970903433.png

Also where can you buy them, full assembly and wheel side only at a good price?

I was mounting Ascher F64V3 to Buchfink Q1R today and noticed this part from its manual, these NGR style mounts are they really can only be mounted by screwing into QR from wheel side.
View attachment 695264

Also where can you buy them, full assembly and wheel side only at a good price?
These days ebay and Ali have several sellers with generics listed for Simagic or Moza bases. Most seem to be complete sets, $40-$50.

SC2 QR is a not really "quick", getting stuck, had that pin sticking out to catch on cables, heavy and thick.
"Quick enough for you, old man" scnr to Star Wars you here.

It´s true, the SC2 QR is that firm and play free that it needs a gentle tab with the palm of your hand. It just CAN´T rattle ;)

And I never a cable catch on the pin, but I only use one USB wheel, the others a blank or wireless.

These days ebay and Ali have several sellers with generics listed for Simagic or Moza bases. Most seem to be complete sets, $40-$50.
They make look the same, but do they work together at all or are they manufactured to tolerance that assure rattle free combinations?

Most people keep aquiring wheels (at least people who are DD wheel base deep down the rabbit hole) so I´ll look into the future for the opportunity to get more compatible QR´s.
That should be a given with reputable brands.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.