Which are your favourite cars in AC?

I've played over 1000 hours of AC yet still have got nowhere near getting to know all the cars. I do have some favourites though.

I'd really like to know which cars other Race Departmenters like and use the most.

Here are the ones I use and like the most in no particular order:
Kunos
  • Nissan GT3
  • Corvette C7R GT2
  • Cobra 427 S/C
  • Porsche 917K, 917/30, 911R, and 911 Carrera S
  • Ferrari GTO and F40, and 458 (but haven't used the 458 for a long time)
  • Mazda RX-7 Tuned
  • BMW M3 E92
  • F1 2004

Mods
  • The two Laguna Seca Mustangs
  • Jaguar XJ-13
  • Lola T70
  • The Formula Renault (but haven't tried it for a long time)

One thing I find practical when trying to match cars to have a race with specific era models is using the restrictor in Content Manager. I did a good race this afternoon driving the f1gtr against a 1998 group composed of long tail GTR, Toyota one, CLK GTR, BMW GT1, Porsche GT1 at Circuit de la Sartre. Some mods are too fast but with the restrictor on, all falls into places.

I love the Alfa GTA as it is (and was). It's my favorite car in any sim and almost sim (looking at you, Gran Turismo). It's amazing in slower tracks, but it's one of most versatile cars around and can be used in any situation... or almost... probably it's not a high speed oval material. It's a car that teach newcomers and has enough to be learned by veterans.

The Maserati 250F is a surprise. I didn't use to like it, but recently I started to do some laps and my respect for old school F1 drivers raised a lot. I use to drive it most on modern tracks, because I like to compare it's driving with modern cars... and because I'm learning the car. But is amazing to drive it on old school tracks... specially 39's Donington (that is way past the old-school lol).

Recently the Lotus Type 72D is steeling my attention. It's the F1 in AC that pleases my most. It's easy to drive and hard to drive faster... the car punishes abuse without being arbitrary. But there is something too off about this car. I think that I'm becoming some kind of 60's car freak lol. The 72D had that downforce that made racing something "overdone", if I can say that. My taste is shifting into a more purist view. I simple loved the GP67 mod, even if those cars are way above my grade... or is exactly because of that that I'm loving it.

I was about to open a topic to ask that, but I believe that is more polite to just do it here:

What, people, are your favorite "pre-1980" racing cars?

Good to get your views on older racing cars.

To answer your question, I could say that all of the older racing cars are excellent and whenever I drive them, they become favourites :) . The ones I keep going back to are the Shelby Cobra, the GT40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lotus 49.

Then there are mods. You don't wanna miss the Lola T70, and there's a Mercedes W125 F1 car from 1937 out there with really good physics. That thing's nuts! You should be able to find it easily. I've also got the AC Legends pack of 70s GT cars - I don't drive any of them (as the physics ain't good enough) but they make a great grid against the Kunos Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0.

I'll take GPL like cars in AC any day. But the most amazing car for sheer brute force has to be the Mclaren M8c.
Car is amazing, other cars may be faster, but this one lets you know your going fast.
"just blast to Palm Springs. Instantly feeling better about being me.”

I love the Alfa GTA as it is (and was). It's my favorite car in any sim and almost sim (looking at you, Gran Turismo). It's amazing in slower tracks, but it's one of most versatile cars around and can be used in any situation... or almost... probably it's not a high speed oval material. It's a car that teach newcomers and has enough to be learned by veterans.

The Maserati 250F is a surprise. I didn't use to like it, but recently I started to do some laps and my respect for old school F1 drivers raised a lot. I use to drive it most on modern tracks, because I like to compare it's driving with modern cars... and because I'm learning the car. But is amazing to drive it on old school tracks... specially 39's Donington (that is way past the old-school lol).

Recently the Lotus Type 72D is steeling my attention. It's the F1 in AC that pleases my most. It's easy to drive and hard to drive faster... the car punishes abuse without being arbitrary. But there is something too off about this car. I think that I'm becoming some kind of 60's car freak lol. The 72D had that downforce that made racing something "overdone", if I can say that. My taste is shifting into a more purist view. I simple loved the GP67 mod, even if those cars are way above my grade... or is exactly because of that that I'm loving it.

I was about to open a topic to ask that, but I believe that is more polite to just do it here:

Sounds to me like you need to check out the RSS Formula 79 ...... If you like the Lotus 72, then you will love the 79..!!!
Its payware ...... But its not expensive, worth every penny!

Check out this review from Ferrariman601

Good to get your views on older racing cars.

To answer your question, I could say that all of the older racing cars are excellent and whenever I drive them, they become favourites :) . The ones I keep going back to are the Shelby Cobra, the GT40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lotus 49.

Then there are mods. You don't wanna miss the Lola T70, and there's a Mercedes W125 F1 car from 1937 out there with really good physics. That thing's nuts! You should be able to find it easily. I've also got the AC Legends pack of 70s GT cars - I don't drive any of them (as the physics ain't good enough) but they make a great grid against the Kunos Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0.
Does this Mercedes W125 have a different clutch system? I'm kinda apprehensive about those pre-WW2 cars because most of them used different clutch systems (I don't know how it's called in English... sorry about it) and I don't know how AC would handle that. But if it's not the case, them I'll be more than happy to give it a try.

I love each of these chars you listed. The 250GTO most than the others. When Kunos released it I didn't liked because it behave too different from modern cars (that I used to give more attention back them)... but I gave it some time and the car won me.

The 60's cars are the apogee of a car design mindset very different than anything that came after that... they fell more direct about the way they let the driver fell the road. After that, along the decades, they started to work too much with anything else, like downforce and electronics (specially race cars... not talking that much about road models). Don't get me wrong, I love the triforce LaFerrari, P1 and 918, but I don't trade "direct driving" cars like GTA and 60's F1 for them, even with that godly speed (specially on corners) from the new hypercars. Totally different phylum of machines...lol

didn't think much of the GPL 67's physics
I really doubt about their accuracy and even historic compromise (as my GPL Ferrari's times are kinda much faster than my GPL Brabham ones), but the overall felling of any of the models match everything I have readed, listened and watched about them. In a nutshell = they did a great job tricking me and I will not complain...lol

Sounds to me like you need to check out the RSS Formula 79 ...... If you like the Lotus 72, then you will love the 79..!!!
Its payware ...... But its not expensive, worth every penny!

Check out this review from Ferrariman601
Look like it's amazing... I will add it in my wishlist (that is big...lol). But sightly looked like a 312T on steroids... what is far from a complain... cause I adore the 312T... just not that much as the 72D.

One thing I find practical when trying to match cars to have a race with specific era models is using the restrictor in Content Manager. I did a good race this afternoon driving the f1gtr against a 1998 group composed of long tail GTR, Toyota one, CLK GTR, BMW GT1, Porsche GT1 at Circuit de la Sartre. Some mods are too fast but with the restrictor on, all falls into places.
I know this is an Old post, but how do I use the restrictor and where is that in CM?

Nearly all the Kunos cars are great fun. I keep coming back to is the DTM M3. This seems to have found a sweet spot in the physics engine.

Free mods, the one that stands out is the KRB Lotus Tiga Esprit.

Paid mods, which is where I spend the majority of my time is split between RSS GT Pack, RSS V10 and the VRC Formula NA 1999. Just brilliant!!

When URD finishes the PX pack, that should be up there. But for now...

I love the diversity of cars that assetto corsa has to offer.
So many interesting cars to drive !

I am currently in love with the bmw gr.A.
Incredible sound and fantastic to drive with shifter

I also like a lot the mercedes amg gt3, the lotus49 and ferrari 312, the le mans prototypes, the porsche pack, the cobra shelby,...

So many fantastic cars....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea