Which are your favourite cars in AC?

I've played over 1000 hours of AC yet still have got nowhere near getting to know all the cars. I do have some favourites though.

I'd really like to know which cars other Race Departmenters like and use the most.

Here are the ones I use and like the most in no particular order:
Kunos
  • Nissan GT3
  • Corvette C7R GT2
  • Cobra 427 S/C
  • Porsche 917K, 917/30, 911R, and 911 Carrera S
  • Ferrari GTO and F40, and 458 (but haven't used the 458 for a long time)
  • Mazda RX-7 Tuned
  • BMW M3 E92
  • F1 2004

Mods
  • The two Laguna Seca Mustangs
  • Jaguar XJ-13
  • Lola T70
  • The Formula Renault (but haven't tried it for a long time)

Surprisingly, this thread made it much farther than they usually do before it became a catalog of dodgy rips.

Unsurprisingly, it got there eventually.

I don't see that, but let's for a second say it is true. When the dogdy rips are so much more fun that they would lead car popularity stats then the car provision economy for racing games is pretty broken, isn't it?

No, I'd say that just like in every other community, 90% of the users are fundamentally clueless and/or wouldn't understand genuine, intrinsic quality if it kicked them in the balls.

Virtually all of those rips have totally unrealistic (clown) physics. That's not an opinion, that's an etched-in-stone fact. I've worked with literally hundreds of them. (They make nice placeholder models for physics work.) Liking them on their own merits says an awful lot more about the guy behind the keyboard than it does anything else.

I too love all the vintage cars mentioned (Lotus 49, Ferrari 312 '67, Sauber C9, Mazda 787, Porsche 917k, Porsche 908, etc.) but disappointed to not see anyone mentioning the Porsche 917/30 Can-Am, or any of the other Can-Am mods that are coming out... Are some of them ripped off? I bought Alexy's Chaparral 2J, his McLaren M8C, and his Ferrari 512S (perfect playmate for the 917k), and have really been enjoying it. I've been wanting to have good Can-Am cars in race simulation for quite some time, and these are finally what I've been looking for... I'm even looking for a Can-Am league, or may start my own.

Massive levels of arrogance aside, V8 Supercars are my favorite race series in the real world so as long as they bring the level of engagement and immersion that I seek out of my games then they also become my most sought after in game cars.

In a perfect world they would also get intrinsic quality physics,models, sounds and skins that have been mentioned, until then I guess us fundamentally clueless end users unable to comprehend quality will have to remain stuck in our clown cars while those on high pass judgement on those who dare enjoy whats available.

I shall flay myself immediately as penance.

Last edited:
The mods wouldn't be so shitty (if they are) if this idiotic industry wasn't wedged into a corner where regular model development is mostly impossible.

If the model sourcing was more sane then people would develop sets of physics on github. Have version control. Have bug trackers. Have branches. Have one 3D model kit and a bunch of different physics directories for different games.

I always prefer oldtimer racecars, particularly when they are ridiculously powerful: the 935/780 "Moby Dick" and the 917/30 above all.
My favorite road car for trackday purposes is definitely the Lotus Exige S.

The mods wouldn't be so shitty (if they are) if this idiotic industry wasn't wedged into a corner where regular model development is mostly impossible.

If the model sourcing was more sane then people would develop sets of physics on github. Have version control. Have bug trackers. Have branches. Have one 3D model kit and a bunch of different physics directories for different games.
wat?

Tricky to answer really, there are things I love and hate about every car really.

One of my favourite to drive is the E92 M3, though the model is pretty long in the tooth now.

One of the nicest models is the SF70, though the physics don't really convince me.

But I like variety, I like road/race, fast/slow, new/vintage. I think we need some proper categories if we really want to see what's what :)

But the cars I REALLY like are ones that I've made/making, which is why I chose to do so.

Just found out that content Manager offers these nice lists on the 'Results' page
Not too exact tho, as a lot of mileage of my own mods comes from AI test where I hand over control via Ctrl-C, CM still counts it as if I drove it myself. And it only started recording randomly last year.
1.jpg

So they could steal not just models but also match them with physics that other people have created. :laugh:

Last edited:
I'd really like to know which cars other Race Departmenters like and use the most.
I had been enjoying an evening of racing online in the Alfa GTA in 2017, I covered my head with the blanket to sleep and woke up in 2018 where the GTA's physics were improved but the understeer was real. So it goes.

Rubbish jokes aside, I will go with the Ford GT40. It is fun to drive and has a competitor from the same era to race it with. The Porsche looks a little out of place at a lot of tracks but it isn't really an issue.

Last edited:
Mod
BAC mono
RS01
Toyota GTone
Ginetta (any)
Apollo Gumpert
Radical RXC
the URD DTMs
Leon Eurocup
I assume you meant me, yes I agree the Radical, Gumpert and BAC are not the best, but I still like driving them, getting the radical round quickly is very challenging. In my opinion all the others are pretty dam good or am I missing something?

Mod
BAC mono
RS01
Toyota GTone
Ginetta (any)
Apollo Gumpert
Radical RXC
the URD DTMs
Leon Eurocup
I assume you meant me, yes I agree the Radical, Gumpert and BAC are not the best, but I still like driving them, getting the radical round quickly is very challenging. In my opinion all the others are pretty dam good or am I missing something?
Don't think he meant you, but rather the guy who marvelled about the AC Legends cars.
The GT-One is bit of a weird one, as its a scratch made mod, but has really weird and wrong physics, which have been pointed out since release.

I had been enjoying an evening of racing online in the Alfa GTA in 2017, I covered my head with the blanket to sleep and woke up in 2018 where the GTA's physics were improved but the understeer was real. So it goes.
Hahahaha. Great! Nice references :)

Rubbish jokes aside,
Nope, I'm loving that joke :)
I will go with the Ford GT40. It is fun to drive and has a competitor from the same era to race it with. The Porsche looks a little out of place at a lot of tracks but it isn't really an issue.
I've been racing the Ford and Porsche you mention on the same grid as the Ferrari P330 and the Jaguar XJ-13. I think they are all contemporaries of each other and seem to be pretty much evenly balanced. The XJ-13 is probably my favourite of the four but I have enjoyed the GT40 a lot. So it goes.

Hahahaha. Great! Nice references :)

Nope, I'm loving that joke :) I've been racing the Ford and Porsche you mention on the same grid as the Ferrari P330 and the Jaguar XJ-13. I think they are all contemporaries of each other and seem to be pretty much evenly balanced. The XJ-13 is probably my favourite of the four but I have enjoyed the GT40 a lot. So it goes.
Thanks :D If you were wondering what I meant by the GTA thing I was talking about the live axle update... it turned in like a champ when it was broken. Not a complaint either it just worked as a "so it goes."

The Ferrari raced with the other 2 as far as I know but it is a bit faster in AC. It should work fine for an AI race. I think it has lower top speed than the closed cockpit Porsche and Ford but at Silverstone 67 for example I'm doing low 1:33's in the Ford and high 1:31's in the Ferrari with much less practice.

As for the Jaguar I'm not really sure, when it first came out it was too quick in a straight line for the other 2 but I believe they have released a pre development version that is slower in a more recent update. I tried to include it in a race weekend recently but I must of broken the mod at some point because it wouldn't load.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.