Where will Alex Albon end up?

But who owns Dorilton? We know Savage, Fultz and Mathews are the board bigwigs but it all gets a bit blurry after that. They've indicated they want to restore Williams to it's glory days and they have truck loads of money. Albon can't really afford to hang around too long or he's in danger of the next lot of whizz kids rocking up hungry for a seat. As it stands the only better seat I see that would become available under normal circumstances is Stroll's, but that ain't happeniing.

The very bare minimum has been spent at Williams for so long now, it's a shame. Hopefully Vowles can work out how to turn it around.
Yeah, not saying Aston is the only better seat out there, depends on whether he sees a mid pack car as the stepping stone and whether they are going to improve.

Alex is a good person and very friendly and good at interviews. But i don't think he will be winner or a champion as top level drivers have a ruthless side to them, it makes them demand the best from the car and team and pushes them forwards. Allbon looks like a number 2 at a good team. Play by the rules kind of person like a Patresi or Perez. Like they say "Nice Guys Finish Last" He can toughen up and become a front runner but it's not in his personalty to do that.

Last edited:
Bigger chance than Alfa Bull!
To be honest I think Alex might have had enough of the Marko mind games, he seems in a better place away from that way of doing things,
He's young enough to ride the train of Williams getting back to the front (which would be nice... even if only Williams in name) but if Audi come knocking he could have half a dozen years there developing a front runner!
You never know, if Lando gets fed up he might even grab a chair at McLaren

So weird!
Albon reminds me of the Thai/English version of Jenson Button.
He produced one heck of a drive in Canada with that Williams.
I believe a few teams have him secretly on their radar.
The other guy who is 'silently' getting on with it since coming back to the grid, is Ocon.

Domenicali seems disinterested in allowing new teams;
Dorilton may cash out to someone actually interested in racing,
e.g. Andretti
Andretti have their own people and that means lay offs. Andretti tried to merge into Alfa Romeo and could not come to terms of a deal. Andretti can come in as a complete team as they have money. But teams do not want more cars as it splits money. But if small teams go under room will open as we don't need smaller grids.

Andretti have their own people and that means lay offs. Andretti tried to merge into Alfa Romeo and could not come to terms of a deal. Andretti can come in as a complete team as they have money. But teams do not want more cars as it splits money. But if small teams go under room will open as we don't need smaller grids.
That's the problem with power/politics in F1, the teams have too much power, and (as far as I recall) increased their demands from $200m to some $600m for new teams because of their perceived losses of revenue.
In my opinion, if you compete in a 'market/business' you obey the rules of that market you don't demand exclusion of competition, if you can't make ends meet then you either improve your share by being better or you drop out.

Personally I'd like to see the entry fee lowered or eliminated and the grids raised to the fastest 26 or so, and if practice was limited to just one hour (after bolting the car together) with the fastest 26 going through to qually it would provide uncertainty in both the entry and the outcome, the extra time could be used by the drivers and guests for a same make 'mundane' production series, perhaps with with the driver points added to their F1 season totals.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.