Where to find Rfactor 1 mods now in 2023? Help please!

NOBEVKEV

Premium
Hey guys I used to play a ton of Rfactor 1 but moved on to other titles. I recently decided to reinstall Rfactor 1 again and I'm having issues trying to find mods that were once popular or classics now that Rfactor Central seems to no longer be a functional website. :( I can give you a list of what I'm looking for if anyone can provide me with a website or place where I can find them I would highly appreciate it.

WSC 1970 Mod (World Sportscar Championship 1970)
CTDP F1 2005
DRM Revival Group 5
CART Factor and CART/Champ Car tracks
Any Rfactor 1 mod Database

rFactor 1 FOREVER! lol. There is a facebook page with name. If you do FB..but yeah. This game deserves to be preserved.
Agreed especially what was pinnacle racing at the time in the 2000s. I would kill for a Porsche Penske LMP1 from the mid-2000s and the entire American Le Mans Series.

@Johnny Speed Thank you very much for giving the shoutout to my Repository, I'm really happy to see it's moderately popular and serves its purpose in preserving those mods and add-ons for the community!

About that FB Group...personally, I'd absolutely advise against joining it because all it is is children going "where mod" under every post or just absolutely making you lose faith in what's left of the rF1 community. (My opinion obviously, your mileage may vary).

I would kill for a Porsche Penske LMP1 from the mid-2000s and the entire American Le Mans Series.
The Sports Car Challenge mod which contains the 2001 - 2003 ALMS Series cars might be what you're looking for ;-) I'm not gonna link it because I don't wanna break any rules that may or may not forbid me from directly linking to it, but it's on the Repo.

Last edited:
I have 1970WSCV1.0.rar, about 330meg, on external HD. Can upload if it's not available anywhere else. (May have other stuff on CD/DVD but would take a bit of searching.)

I have 1970WSCV1.0.rar, about 330meg, on external HD. Can upload if it's not available anywhere else. (May have other stuff on CD/DVD but would take a bit of searching.)
Most mods that used to be on TrippTeam's archive are on the HFS, including the 1970 WSCV mod. If you've got anything on your CD/DVD which isn't on my Repo, feel free to send an E-Mail!

A lot of sites with rF1 mods disappeared in the last several years, and some sites that still exist removed rF1 mods that were previously available for download.
I think there are still rF1 downloads on some sites like the the new and the old F1 classic forum (the old one is abandoned and doesn't accept new registrations, though), and maybe evolution modding and trackaholics forum?
There is also the Endor team site with F1 70's-80's mods for rF1
I'm actually surprised how quickly rF1 fell into oblivion given the fact it was probably the most modded and the most popular sim out there just several years ago. Nowadays it's easier to find mods for GT Legends/GTR2/Race 07 and even for F1c 99-02 than mods for rFactor 1 :O_o:

Last edited:
As with many games, when rf2 came out rf1 instantly became "obsolete" and many players abandoned it.

GTR2 remains popular because it has more features than rf1 (weather, 24hr races, day/night races, more adjustable A, etc.), and because there was no GTR3.

There was (supposed to be) a GTR3 but we all know how that one went about.

Also, rFactor 1 very much supports 24-hour races and day/night cycles. Boot up rF1, set a 1-hour race at 24x time acceleration (for convenience sake) and watch the cycle go ahead.

As with many games, when rf2 came out rf1 instantly became "obsolete" and many players abandoned it.

GTR2 remains popular because it has more features than rf1 (weather, 24hr races, day/night races, more adjustable A, etc.), and because there was no GTR3.
True. But on the other hand rF2 has fewer mods available compared to rF1 and the system it uses - packages that must be installed via mod manager instead of just copy & paste files - makes it not exactly a good substitute for rF1, IMHO.
(I'm not talking about physics of graphics, only about mods and how they are installed/managed).
But yes, GTR2 is a more complete sim as a product - it has rain, night racing, etc.
On the other hand rF1 is more versatile when it comes to simulating different type of vehicles - open-wheelers, GT, etc, while GTR2 is more geared towards GT cars.

Last edited:
Well, the relationship between rfactor and GTR2 has always been odd; rfactor came later but has fewer features, OTOH some things (such as assigning AI setups) are much easier, but the menu system and UI in general is a kludge. For reasons I cannot quite determine rfactor seems a much better platform for open wheel series (which is all I have installed in it).

I generally do not use mod installers at all, for any game, having been bitten too often with overwritten files, unwanted cfg edits, etc.

I've always stated ease of creating mods is essential to the popularity of any sim; it seems many "modern" devs are moving away from this concept, taking the attitude of Micro$oft - "here is my program, use it the way I designed it, not the way you want to". (GPL has been the exception here; notoriously difficult to mod has meant the few mods available are very high quality. But its original design was merely to represent one group of cars at one group of tracks for one season, mods were never considered.)

And oddball proprietary file formats, encrypted files, and other such atrocities are a dealbreaker for me. Not too long ago I downloaded car sounds for a newer sim hoping to adapt them to GTR2 (having found none for GTR2 that I liked, and not yet wanting the trouble of creating my own from scratch). What was extracted was a bank file, something I'd not seen in years (and used for music quotes then); spent an hour downloading and trying several recommended programs til i found one that successfully extracted the contents of this ...only to end up with a conglomeration of oddly named wav files and a few files of unknown type, complete gibberish, deleted the entire mess.

The Database from CMH :
i realize for 8 days - online - but havent try a download, if its possible.
Have somebody the knowledge if the CMH Database have online-times ?
i try it every day,
and yes modding as easy as possible, i think rF1 is a good choice :).
I am search for the old software to create a AIW-File from scratched, complete new,
AIW-CAM-Editor (imo here to download) is very good to optimize exciste AIW or CAM Files from tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back