When's RD gonna have a league?

If all goes well with the next patch alot of multiplayer issues should get addressed which brings me back to the thread title...
What's it gonna take for Raceroom to get an official series here at RD ?
There's a few beta testers along with Greg Orton that have been running in the RD club, I am sure with a little brainstorming we could put something together couldn't we ?

Cheers

If all goes well with the next patch alot of multiplayer issues should get addressed which brings me back to the thread title...
What's it gonna take for Raceroom to get an official series here at RD?
Well, exactly that really.

If the game develops to a point where running a league is a feasible option, then for sure we will, the game has too much awesome content not to run a league! :)

Patience young grasshopper :)

P.s. The feasibility will most likely need to be determined by our R3E club staff (@Lars Hansen and @Kenny Paton) as they're far more knowledgable on all things R3E than I am.

I agree.
Let's see what the patch actually fixes and how many gremlins remain.
I'm all for running a league, but I would like to avoid the administrative train-wreck that follows with poor MP implementation.
So let's run a few weeks with the new patch, and then we can revisit.

an official Sector3 league with RD don't think so, as they allready have 2 other very competitive and complex leagues. but an RD stand alone leauge....should be awesome. but must be a well planned league.
GT3 will only be mayham, wtcc is done and dusted, DTM also mayham..maybe dtm92 or NSU or TT's
Booo this man, gt3s need some loving!!

I'd love to participate in some sort of league, but I'm just not fast enough.
I have 2 ideas. Both involve handicaps or Indexes to level both the car and the driver.

1) In Golf, a golfer can get a handicap/Index.
The last Index I had was 2.4.
This isn't entirely accurate, but I have to over simplify this explanation for brevity.....
So, my index means, I should average a score of about 74 (if Par is 72), over 15 rounds.
Someone else may shoot 87 as an average. How do we play in a tournament together?
I have a handicap of "2"
The other person has a handicap of "15".
Basically, I am giving the other person 13 strokes (difference in handicap) so we can compete on the same level - in adjusted score.
It's not fool proof. I might shoot 69, or 80. But in the end, every score I post, is averaged to continually adjust or correct my handicap, with the highest and lowest scores being thrown out.

There must be a way that we can "index" driver/track/car combinations, so we can compete against each other in some type of Index league.

2) Autocross has what's called a "PAX" class.
It allows a Honda to compete against a Formula type car, based on a handicap system, when racing against the clock, as opposed to door to door.

"PAX could best be described as a relative index of performance in autocrossing, much the same way a handicap rating is given in the game of golf. PAX indexes are based on results from the SCCA National Championships (the best of the best) each September. How strongly a class performs compared to the thirty-something other classes represented helps determine PAX indexes the next year"

If we could somehow Index cars AND drivers,

Everyone runs as hard as they can (or pace they are comfortable with), since no one knows where they will finish after the the handicaps/index are applied.
Race results are calculated on total time for each car index/driver index.

Since, I'm "mathematically challenged", someone else would need to determine whether we could do some type of similar system.

Theoretically, we could have a race with with 30 different cars across all classes.
In the end, an NSU driver could win the race against an FR2 driver, even if he was 15 laps down.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

We have race data downloads. We have racers of varying skill levels and we all want to compete in some type of series....I think.

I'm all for an R3E league once the multiplayer has the features for it. The game has a great selection cars and tracks and could make for good GT3, DTM leagues, or multiclass endurance races. If it ever comes to fruition, you can count me in. I would also gladly assist in organizing events if help is needed.

@Azfalt Raser wow that's complicated and think would be complicated to implement.
A league won't happen soon i think, multiplayer is allot better than beginning of the year, from experience on the league that some of us are doing.It must be a simple but effective championship and here's some ideas from me also

1. Mono brand/car championship, like NSU, or i think the silouthes r51 would be very popular since they are free also with fixed setups(don't know if that can be done), Having one car and fix setups just let's the driver to the business and gaps in theory should be allot closer
2. back in the day , we had a very popular series called ATCC (american touring car champ) and it was with wtcc cars, mandatory pit stop with min 2 wheels change and 2 x 20min races with reverse grid in the second race, it was beyond epic and for all skill level.
3. until a league i say we should promote the game more @Kenny Paton @Lars Hansen and we should make a monthly big race and invite people from other clubs to race against RR club guy;s, and do that with free content like silhouettes on portimao it's bloody epic, 90min with 1x fuel and 2x tire should be interesting at the least :))

@Azfalt Raser wow that's complicated and think would be complicated to implement.
A league won't happen soon i think, multiplayer is allot better than beginning of the year, from experience on the league that some of us are doing.It must be a simple but effective championship and here's some ideas from me also

1. Mono brand/car championship, like NSU, or i think the silouthes r51 would be very popular since they are free also with fixed setups(don't know if that can be done), Having one car and fix setups just let's the driver to the business and gaps in theory should be allot closer
2. back in the day , we had a very popular series called ATCC (american touring car champ) and it was with wtcc cars, mandatory pit stop with min 2 wheels change and 2 x 20min races with reverse grid in the second race, it was beyond epic and for all skill level.
3. until a league i say we should promote the game more @Kenny Paton @Lars Hansen and we should make a monthly big race and invite people from other clubs to race against RR club guy;s, and do that with free content like silhouettes on portimao it's bloody epic, 90min with 1x fuel and 2x tire should be interesting at the least :))
This is a really good idea. A lot of people get turned off from R3E because of the prices to get some of the better content. The Silhouettes are a blast to drive as well as being free so it would be a great way to introduce people who haven't gotten into R3E a chance to show how good the racing can be.

Current and future "standard" leagues will only attract the fastest of the fast over and over.

My idea was to include any driver and giving them a chance to win. Bowling has a handicap system, Golf has a handicap system, why can't we develop something like that to get more excitement for "lower tier" drivers to?

You could make it alot simplier and do a pro/amateur series where both race on track gathering points in seperate division or pair a pro with an amateur as a team combining there points for the standings so you win as a team not independent. It would create team work and allow slower guys to get tips from the aliens and gain experience.

Some of you have raced with me in Club events. Some of you have seen my times on the leaderboards (Aquila Cup is one). I usually post a leaderboard time before a club race, just to see where I measure up against the other members, but most of those times were deleted after the ffb update. My pace is actually slower now, since I've been screwing with setups and wheel ffb changes for a couple of months - which is all I have been doing and it's getting boring.

I want to compete in a long term series using the same car.
I want to compete using some of my favorite cars.
I'm too old, too slow for any current series, even if my cars were included.

Nascar has Sprint Cup and Xfinity series
Baseball has Major and Minor leagues
Golf has PGA Tour and Buy.com tour AND Senior tour

How many other drivers are in the same, slow, boat? How many people have signed up for this website? How many people actually race with RD? How many people would race if there was an avenue for slower drivers?

We need a developmental series. Something for slower drivers or even for us old fart drivers.

Yeah. What we need is a club here for the also-rans, the captain slows and the Mr inconsistants. The fast boys constantly chasing wins and super setups should race against similar guys.
So two race clubs I say.;):whistling:
Tottaly agree .But I a little bit angry when someone share setup for ex.SEAT and rest of racer use this car and setup because this car is much faster on selected track , and we will see for example Lada Touring Car Championship

@Piotrek Blaszczak I really don't care about setups to be honest. :) I never bother changing anything because I don't understand what the changes do other than brake balance or wings.

I am mainly sticking with my offline racing with AI because I enjoy it more with less pressure on trying keep up with aliens, less pressure on getting out the way of the fast guys and basically I just enjoy the cleaner racing that the AI provide.

Last edited:
Tottaly agree .But I a little bit angry when someone share setup for ex.SEAT and rest of racer use this car and setup because this car is much faster on selected track , and we will see for example Lada Touring Car Championship
That is a bit unfair, and i say this in a nice way, i'm not angry at all.
So, first thing i want to say is like Andy,setups specially in WTCC cars are not the most important thing, at best a good setup will gain you 0.5 - 0.7max/track and it's not guarantee as setups are preferential depending on driver style, i create my setups according to my liking and if it helps someone else too,i am glad.
Second, i provided in my post everything i do to have a setup, i have no engineer skills or any special secretes, i use setup engineer tool with RD setup guide and that's about it, everyone can do this and create a setup to their liking.
Third, i fully agree with a handicap system, weight penalty it's kinda the obvious one but R3 doesn't support that, or reverse grids.
It's ill to think that "faster"guy's should race with faster guy's on that principle Rossi should race only with Pedrosa/Marques/Lorenzo and that's it, or Merc/Ferrari/Red Bull and no one else, specially on RD clubs where we all ready are few, dividing in that even more will result in less than 10 people atm. Back in 2009 i was dead slow too....ask Dave Sthepheson or other that knew me back then, but i had a steady job and all my free time i dedicated to simracing and got better and better, also back then club events where easy 30 people with reserve list and anyone, and i mean anyone had an opponent, i am saying that people that stay away because of "i have no pace", "better i race with AI" well, there's the problem, i have two friends that i convinced to buy steeering wheels and such but won't drive online because "off the pace", well if you ain't joining online to get your feet wet you will always stay at "ai" level, offcourse you won't improve.You can race with AI 4ever ,as soon as you start racing with human opponets it's tottaly different.
Did someone ask for a setup and i didn't help?Did someone say, Mr.C you ****ing moron stop sharing setups your splitting the field(witch i don't agree), all can ask for my help or Shawn or Oli or Reggie or Kedy and i am sure all would want to help in anyway we can...
I would love a league but one with all RD club, someone said pairing a "fast" driver with a "slow" one, yeah i think that's a good idea, but how we determine fast/slow guy's? you all say that i am fast and maybe i have some extra pace above some of you, but take openwheels, Kedy will trash me any given day,or Gt3 Oscar will trash me there also, so how do we judge that?
For club events, maybe "fast" guys shouldn't put a Q time, as far as i know i can race cleanly same goes for the other "fast"guy's that i race with, i am sure for all it's not for the win but for the thrill of the race/.......
Hope i don't upset anyone ,this is what i think

Need a setup?need help?ASK for it.......but like i told many in TS, first rule of improving is consistency, when you can do 5 laps within 0.5 of eachother then you can look for the next step in speed, if i give you my setup it may put you off or do more harm than good, but i am more than happy to help anyone...

So do you like when lots of people use your settinngs.I agree You are one of the best simracers.But for example you share a setup for Lada and lot of drivers change car to Lada.Its faiar?
Like i said, and like it says on my setup thread, setups that i share are primarily suited for me and my driving style, if other people want to try Lada and my setup, what am i doing wrong?Offcourse it's fair, i am not saying Lada is faster and it's faster with my setup, use it, everyone it's free to choose what he wants, and like i said above specially on WTCC cars, setup won't make a diff o seconds at anytime on any track.
You like honda, or chevy or citroen?good for you, you struggle to find a stable setup, ask for help from me or others, if i have time i will gladly help but that's why i posted how i make my setups so others can do it, it's not magic or extra knowledge it's a program and some 20 laps or so.
For a RD club event setup i don't spend more than 20-25 laps on it, because first and foremost i want it to be stable and comfortable to race, rather than ultimate speed.
In the 30min practice session before a club event you can use setup engineer and create your own setup, or ask me or other guy's on TS what to do, EX :
Piotrek - bogdan, my car is to twitchy or has to much understeer at entry/mid/exit of the corner what should i do?
Bogda - Piotrek, I would raise the rear height a bit, increase rear suspension with one click or increase preload, do one change at a time and see if it's better or not. After you do a change ,do at least 2 laps without crashing or dirt chasing and see if it's better, if it is save it to V1 or something and move on....
Again i want to make it clear to everyone, a setup will gain you only so much, like Reggie was saying once, i could match your time Mr.C with the default setup but yours feel's more stable.
Most important is to have consistent lap times, if people like my car choice and setup it's not my fault and i think it's fair.

"one of the best simracers" - PHAA :)))) i am far off....i like to think my self as average or slightly above that, but thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back