When's RD gonna have a league?

If all goes well with the next patch alot of multiplayer issues should get addressed which brings me back to the thread title...
What's it gonna take for Raceroom to get an official series here at RD ?
There's a few beta testers along with Greg Orton that have been running in the RD club, I am sure with a little brainstorming we could put something together couldn't we ?

Cheers

That is a bit unfair, and i say this in a nice way, i'm not angry at all.
So, first thing i want to say is like Andy,setups specially in WTCC cars are not the most important thing, at best a good setup will gain you 0.5 - 0.7max/track and it's not guarantee as setups are preferential depending on driver style, i create my setups according to my liking and if it helps someone else too,i am glad.
Second, i provided in my post everything i do to have a setup, i have no engineer skills or any special secretes, i use setup engineer tool with RD setup guide and that's about it, everyone can do this and create a setup to their liking.
Third, i fully agree with a handicap system, weight penalty it's kinda the obvious one but R3 doesn't support that, or reverse grids.
It's ill to think that "faster"guy's should race with faster guy's on that principle Rossi should race only with Pedrosa/Marques/Lorenzo and that's it, or Merc/Ferrari/Red Bull and no one else, specially on RD clubs where we all ready are few, dividing in that even more will result in less than 10 people atm. Back in 2009 i was dead slow too....ask Dave Sthepheson or other that knew me back then, but i had a steady job and all my free time i dedicated to simracing and got better and better, also back then club events where easy 30 people with reserve list and anyone, and i mean anyone had an opponent, i am saying that people that stay away because of "i have no pace", "better i race with AI" well, there's the problem, i have two friends that i convinced to buy steeering wheels and such but won't drive online because "off the pace", well if you ain't joining online to get your feet wet you will always stay at "ai" level, offcourse you won't improve.You can race with AI 4ever ,as soon as you start racing with human opponets it's tottaly different.
Did someone ask for a setup and i didn't help?Did someone say, Mr.C you ****ing moron stop sharing setups your splitting the field(witch i don't agree), all can ask for my help or Shawn or Oli or Reggie or Kedy and i am sure all would want to help in anyway we can...
I would love a league but one with all RD club, someone said pairing a "fast" driver with a "slow" one, yeah i think that's a good idea, but how we determine fast/slow guy's? you all say that i am fast and maybe i have some extra pace above some of you, but take openwheels, Kedy will trash me any given day,or Gt3 Oscar will trash me there also, so how do we judge that?
For club events, maybe "fast" guys shouldn't put a Q time, as far as i know i can race cleanly same goes for the other "fast"guy's that i race with, i am sure for all it's not for the win but for the thrill of the race/.......
Hope i don't upset anyone ,this is what i think

Need a setup?need help?ASK for it.......but like i told many in TS, first rule of improving is consistency, when you can do 5 laps within 0.5 of eachother then you can look for the next step in speed, if i give you my setup it may put you off or do more harm than good, but i am more than happy to help anyone...
Actually I think it's been a while since I beat you in an open wheeler race :whistling:

Unless I use one of yours (or someone else's), I'm racing default most of the time :laugh:. Maybe some changes to wings and gear ratios if I feel the need for it, but that's it.

Don't see why sharing a setup is a problem? In many cases it doesn't help anyways, if it doesn't suit your driving style. All I can say is that knowing your lines, braking points etc improves your time a lot. Jump onboard with one of the fast guys during practice and watch them, might already help you to find a second.

A good setup won't suddenly make you 5s faster, maybe 1 at max I'd say, and that'd be a lot already.

To get back on the original topic, I too would love a R3E league, maybe some nice single spec racing (NSU, FRJr) for a start, with a rather short calendar?

Nah Me C"s setups are shite!!! I wouldn't touch them :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But in all seriousness, I have never done a race with them, I've run practice with them and they don't suite my style at all so I always switch back to my own tweaks. Which to be honest are usually quite minimal, take gt3 for example, in my Merc at Indy the other week, my setup tweaks were softer rear anti roll bar and less wing, that's all. This game doesnt take much tweaking at all to run competively :)

Some of this chat, is a bit disappointing however, an us and them mentality, and who decides who is "slow enough" to join. Say you decide on a list of drivers, are you going to put a limit on practice time? Say someone starts dominating, then what ban them for been a supposed alien? It just seems a bit ridiculous to be honest, and also missing a golden opportunity to develop and still have fun!

I'm currently doing TCone and I know I don't have the experience of some of the other guys, but I set myself little goals, score 25 points this round "okay to do that finish at least 23rd in all 3 races" another round later I managed to get a 15th place finish and I was ecstatic, so you can see it's really not all about winning, a sense of achievement can be what you make it to be.

Also this mentality of the "fast guys" are to aggressive, throw that out the window, Me C and I started rear of field in wtcc last week for race 2 and raced through the pack and it was brilliant, no one crashed, yes there was some rubbing, but have you ever watched wtcc/btcc?!? And I think it was a hell of a lot of fun for all involved. So much so that we ended up electing to do a 3rd race, so again fun is what you make it :)

Seriously, see the faster guys as an opportunity to benchmark yourself and learn and also just have fun racing those around you, don't only focus on the win, exclusion tactics are BS in my opinion and if you want to take your bat and ball and go race ai so be it.

And just remember, Mr C setup's = Shite!!!! (Hehehehe)

#WARANDPEACE

Last edited:
hey hey wait a minute :)))), constructive criticism please :))))))))))))
Very well put Shawn,like i said for some my setup would work for some will do more harm.
And another point that Shawn and Kedy touched on, they fiddle little with the setup because by the looks of it they have talent(lucky bastards) i for one don't so i need to change allot until i am comfortable with a car.

Having seen Shawn's name on the leaderboards, we were very close in times at one time, now he's light years ahead.

Oli and I had a great battle going in Daytona Proto car. But he just crushes me in GTR3. I guess the faster you go, you kick the slower guys to the curb. Haven't heard/seen him since.

I'm 2.4 seconds slower than Tim Heinemann(?) in the aquila cup car. Maybe he had an off day?
But I'm 8 seconds slower than the current leaderboard leader in GTR3 cars.
So, I stopped buying R3E content because there is no place for me to "race" with the cars I have.
Fun racing and competition are two different things.

Oh well.
------------Edit

In response to Shawn's post, thats why I originally suggested some type of handicap league or some type of BoP. So varying skill levels can compete together without excluding anyone.

And this isn't about "us vs them" mentality. Anything about "us vs them" is just your skewed interpretation.

It's more, hardcore guys have an avenue to enjoy. What do the casual sim racers or sim racers that don't have alot of time to practice and want to compete have? Nothing.
Just the fact that some of us could be too slow to qualify excludes us already.
This is about getting attracting more people by giving them an alternative.

Mr C.....ADAC GT masters pack, adds weight for top 3 finishers, so it's possible to do.

Last edited:
IF I WANTED SETUPS in the 2015 cars I'll ask mr. @JayS (YES, YOU JAN) as he appears to be running badly enough in the TCOne championship and he matches my driving style the best. :p

Note: Remember all the cars in R3E are BoP so it comes down to features to enable a proper championship to make all drivers and viewers happy. Of COURSE TCOne broadcast could be better since it's one dude nearly trying to do everything, but nevertheless it comes down to MP features the most.

I think this us vs them can trim down a bit. The thing is some people just practice more laps than others. I don't like practicing (nor I do much, I reserve this for iRacing though), throw me a car and I'll drive it (hell even the Camaro you can throw me out and I'll manage, well, sort of), but for me it's a matter of apex cornering and maneuverability than else.

Heck, if you need someone to help you guys with that kind of stuff, hit me up on the weekends, whenever I'm fooling around. I can help bring you guys up to speed, with any car.

Plus this us vs them talk, it's off topic, I think we can solve this inside Teamspeak instead of here.

wow, this is getting crazy. It was never about US VS THEM.
Someone has issues, if they're thinking that.

Some guys are fast. Some are not.
What fast driver/s or competitive series for that matter wants someone who is 8 or more seconds off the pace per lap, to race with them? Seriously.....be honest.

All I'm saying is for people who want to compete in a series at a slower pace, lets find/create something. Whether you're slow because lack of practice, setup, drool all over your wheel, it doesn't matter. It's "what you brung". It's how fast you will be. If you gain experience and improve due to week in and week out races...awesome. If not, you still have a place where you aren't excluded.

If people would do online racing and not AI, everyone would have a partner, telling this from experience. I was ****ingg slow in my first month's at RD and I had someone to race with. On some online R3E competition I see 6000, yes 6000 + entries not 600,where are all this people on online rooms? No where, that's the problem.
With a group of 20 something people on R3E Rd club events sometimes it's hard for all to find a partner, but like Shawn said, pick dif goals and stick it out more people will come. Dividing this 20 something people in two, well that ain't good...
I suggest Nsu league with fast drivers paired with not so fast via random draw.

Yeah Apologises for the us vs them, that wasn't directed at you Danny, Mr Andy gets that one, his post from the other page (and numerous prior ones about "the fast boys") just struck a nerve at 3am in the morning, wouldn't normally rant but yeah. Nothing really against Andy either he's just after a particular experience and not having luck finding it.

I notice you (Andy) sign up to races but seem to drop out after a few of the quicker drivers sign up, which is a little sad, you shouldn't feel the need to do that, but it's your choice. (Just to take the piss - how do you go about lodging incidents against AI? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: in jest I assure you :) )

The two tiers can work, we'd just need a lot of people to sign up, if you got 40+ it would be fine, but splitting 20 drivers into 2 groups wouldn't be much fun. I liked the idea about the two div's in one race, like blancpain gt3 has pro/PRO-AM, so that could be an option if sign ups were low, however if we did get the 40+ and ran two div's, my suggestion would be to do away with relegation and actually run it as two separate championships, have a pro div champion and pro AM champion, that way the guys in Div 2 will have something more to race for instead of just moving up to div 1 but been way off in points.

Wow, this conversation spread out in a hurry. :D
Okay, first of all, set-ups.
They're not a silver-bullet, never have been. IF you're already driving the car to the max, THEN you might gain 0.3-0.5 seconds with a better set-up. But that only applies if you're already driving it to the limit.
I rarely if ever use other peoples set-ups, for the very simple reason that the really fast guys have set-ups so twitchy I can't control them. :)

As to this whole us/them, it doesn't exist. As with everything forum-wise, something gets misinterpreted, and the whole thing escalates.
It happens, and it'll happen again. Moving on.

Now, as to how to get a league running with everyone having a fighting chance.....
That's going to be an uphill battle.
A handicap system is a neat idea, but it's going to be a cast-iron bitch to organize.
Some sort of division-split is a more realistic approach, especially given that leagues tend to draw a larger crowd. The Club races aren't usually populated enough for it to be a viable option, but a league might be different.
One thing I really don't want is a combined pro/am team.
It's a neat idea on paper, the am gets tips and set-ups from the pro, and all that.
However, we already have new guys not joining club races because they don't want to get in anyones way, and I guarantee you that the am will live in mortal fear of slowing the pro down.
Which will result in very few am sign-ups, and a very stressful experience for those that do.
It's not anybodys fault, it's just the combination of wildly varying skill-levels and people in here being generally nice guys.

I mean, I get what @Azfalt Raser is saying (nice to see you back btw. :) ). Having at least the opportunity to win a race without having to hope that the rest of the field spontaneously explodes would be nice from time to time. :D
Yes, you can set yourself intermediate goals, and yes you can have local duels on track, but let's face it.......
Being the first guy over the line is what gets your blood boiling.
What we have right now is the equivalent of every soccer team in the country participating in one big league, from Third Division up to Premier League.
And while I'm sure the Third Division teams can learn a lot from playing the top guys, it's going to be something of a painful experience. :D

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this happening any time soon.
For better or worse, RD caters to the fast guys when it comes to leagues, and I seriously doubt we'll see 'second division' options in the near future.
Which is understandable to a point, this is after all a racing site. But it does leave some people in a bit of a lurch.

@Shawn Jacobs , I believe Andy was joking.....evidenced by the wink and whistle... :D
Thanks for your comments too. Just trying to see what we can do to generate more interest for RD in general. I wish I could give more than one rating, I was laughing and agreeing.
-----------------
@Lars Hansen
Practiced for the last 4 RD club races, but each time, I ran into computer problems and missed the races trying to fix them.

I agree with your comments. Especially this one.....
"equivalent of every soccer team in the country participating in one big league, from Third Division up to Premier League" Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Having a "Fasty and I know it" league and a "I'm faster than my car allows" league and a "my park brake is stuck" league is too much? Then.....

Most top tier motorsports BoP cars in one form or another. On the average, the drivers are fairly close in skill. The car or the engine can make all the difference in the world.
Sim racing though....the cars are fairly equal, but the drivers cover the spectrum.

I say, let's come up with a system to "index" drivers. It would make RD history. Be proactive....not the pimple medication... forward thinking.
This way, NO ONE get's left out, unless there are 10,000 applicants.
Think Bowlers and Golfers of varying skill levels playing together....:cautious: but not the same game.

We can do it, we we just need to combine our intelligence:O_o:.....and then ask smart people for help.;) This will get the R3E servers busy for sure, if we base Indexes on laptimes from those servers. And Golf has a way of re-indexing players if their Indexes are not accurate based on how they played (for sandbaggers :whistling:).

Capture.JPG

when 1% of this people join RD club events then we can talk group dividing! until then i strongly don't think it's a good idea to have separation be it league or club events.

Im slow"ish" but i want to run with the fast"ish" so i can push myself to keep up and if im lucky and be in front, to be able to defend my spot. Thats funny and exciting especially with the temperature at Greece summer time. :D :roflmao: :D :roflmao:

As for the league, i would suggest the audi's!!! Its the greatest not so fast cars in our beloved game.
But no matter the car, i really like the idea :thumbsup:

I notice you (Andy) sign up to races but seem to drop out after a few of the quicker drivers sign up, which is a little sad, you shouldn't feel the need to do that, but it's your choice. (Just to take the piss - how do you go about lodging incidents against AI? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: in jest I assure you :) )

You haven't got a clue why I have ever needed to drop out of a Club race so keep your misinformed assumptions to yourself. Family (a son with severe autism and asperger's takes up a lot of time) or work reasons (I work with the military and I'm on call a lot) cause my absences lately. Understand? So don't flatter yourself thinking that I sign out because some over inflated ego like yours thinks I'm scared of racing with you because you are so fast.:rolleyes: For your info I'd rather race at the back with the nicer guys any way and not have to worry about the idiots who need to win at all costs pushing me off or dive bombing and cutting track limits on purpose.

Hence why I now prefer offline racing with the AI in this and Rfactor 2 and AMS and my other PC sim love, DCS when the time permits.

ps, @Kenny Paton @Lars Hansen keep up the good work for the club. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You haven't got a clue why I have ever needed to drop out of a Club race so keep your misinformed assumptions to yourself. Family (a son with severe autism and asperger's takes up a lot of time) or work reasons (I work with the military and I'm on call a lot) cause my absences lately. Understand? So don't flatter yourself thinking that I sign out because some over inflated ego like yours thinks I'm scared of racing with you because you are so fast.:rolleyes: For your info I'd rather race at the back with the nicer guys any way and not have to worry about the idiots who need to win at all costs pushing me off or dive bombing and cutting track limits on purpose.

Hence why I now prefer offline racing with the AI in this and Rfactor 2 and AMS and my other PC sim love, DCS when the time permits.

ps, @Kenny Paton @Lars Hansen keep up the good work for the club. :thumbsup:
fair enough man, no worries. Nothing about ego, I've hardy done any races lately so I wasn't referring to myself...... but okay sorry for making an assumption, but it's that crap there,calling people idiots ect, it's uncalled for and not exactly nice. I'll leave it at that, I'm here to make friends not to get in arguments that really don't mean anything. All the best mate.

fair enough man, no worries. Nothing about ego, I've hardy done any races lately so I wasn't referring to myself...... but okay sorry for making an assumption, but it's that crap there,calling people idiots ect, it's uncalled for and not exactly nice. I'll leave it at that, I'm here to make friends not to get in arguments that really don't mean anything. All the best mate.
Apology accepted. I apologise for the idiot assumption. The cap will fit only those that it actually fits. :thumbsup:
I'm out of online racing so as not to cause any more trouble:whistling::sneaky:. Don't mind me. I'll be back where and when it suits me and time permits. It's only supposed to be fun any way isn't it?
All the best to you too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years