PC2 What's your first combo?

What is the first combination of car/track/etc. are you going to try in pCars 2? I'm personally going to try out the Ferrari 333 SP at Daytona. Probably at night. That combo brings back great memories of that car at the 24.

I took my wife to her first 24 hour race at Daytona. We were standing at the fence at the exit of Nascar 4 at the beginning of the morning warm-up. The MOMO Ferrari was one of the few cars on the track at the time and I remember hearing it coming out of the bus stop and gearing up as it accelerated through the banking. It came off of Nascar 4 and drifted up next to the wall and passed us approximately 6 feet away at full song. My wife and I will never forget the Ferrari wail and the force of the sound hitting us as the car passed by.

Just did a 7 lap race at Nordschleife combined late afternoon start with weather changing from light cloud to medium to fog against 21 other GTO cars in the Ferrari F40, 100% AI and 50% aggression. Such a fun and immersive experience being patient to work from the back upto 3rd place. Sure the AI do struggle Lap 1, corner 1 but it was not too bad and it was fun to see them making some mistakes later in the race causing a few to crash out, but it is such a blast overall to play that I really cannot understand so much negativity and actual hatred that seems to come from some quarters on this forum. So glad to enjoy such an incredibly realistic simulation of motorsport on so many levels. The F40 felt incredible, such a beast and to me, as I expect it should drive.

Really do hope more guys here try it for themselves and actually delve into it properly before making conclusions, handling on cold tires does feel markedly different until they are properly warmed up and the setup changes that can be done are great. Someone told elsewhere that the game has auto brake built in ... wtf ? No, proper engine braking is simulated and I don't know any other current race title that has that yet but I may be wrong - it does feel to work correctly and can be set in the garage.

On my Accuforce wheel I go between Raw and Informative for FFB depending on the car but it feels really good either way and nothing like pC1. I took the new AC Ferrari's for a drive yesterday at Nords and went back to pC2 afterwards, cannot understand anyone saying AC is hugely better in any way, change you setup and tune your FFB properly is my first thought on that. :thumbsup:

Update : Now using Jack Spade's Custom FFB file which is pretty good. LoL some sad git is angry that I enjoy pC2 more than AC ! :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back