Whats the worst bit of kit you purchased?

What gear have you purchased for your simrig that was a waste of time or waste of money and hardly or ever used.

I think the worse every thing I got was a G29 upgrade from a G27, at the time I really wanted those extra buttons, but sadly it was not built as well, and the build quality was shocking compared to the G27 IMO, so it went back in the bock after a while and is now in the loft gathering dust.

Recently was probably an additional smaller spring mod for the T3PA Pros. Not a big expense but it made the throttle notchy right around the 90% mark which made it annoying to go 100% throttle and 90% isn't exactly a useful bite point.

But more generally the T300. It was too weak in a gain that didn't cause it to fade and it hurt my ability to drive and more importantly sent me down a path of upgrades in the wrong ecosystem. I couldn't have known at the time simracing would suck me in like it did but the T300 was definitely the wrong wheel and pedals in hindsight.

Upvote 0
a SimXperience DIY SCN6 seat mover kit.

It costed me an arm and a leg + import taxes and at least 100 hours of building and designing the rig. Only after a couple of weeks of usage i started having play on the actuators bearings. I was devastated and even considered quitting sim-racing all together.

Luckily i had drawing of my rig which was approved by SimXperience and in the end they agreed to take everything back for a full refund. I even managed to get a refund on my import taxes to.

Upvote 0
Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals. Have the whole alternative damper kit, too. They constantly need min/max adjustment on the clutch and often on gas. And if a USB devices needs a hard powercycle it is the Fanatec for sure.

Upvote 0
- Buying a ready-made simrig from a well known manufacturer. Heavy as hell, uncomfortable seat, expensive. And made me slower.
- Custom button box. Cost 10 times as much as a wireless numpad and couldn't be mounted on the wheel itself which the numpad could.
- Racing shoes and gloves. For a G27. Made no difference at all, other than making me sweat.

Upvote 0
Just out of interest, did you select the option to have the internal fan running continuously? I've never had any FFB fade after selecting this.

Yes I did. It delays how quickly it happens but it can't undo the fundamental issue with the wheelbase that it can't cool itself at 100% gain and you have to drop it to 75-80% and it just isn't enough at that to get a good feel.

Upvote 0
Buttkicker Gamer 2. Wait.. wait.. wait.. I'll explain.

The feeling is great. It really adds a needed dimension which is motion.. Not full motion.. But some loss of traction or pumps feel or so.. on a relatively small budget comparing to full motio rigs that vost tens of thousands of dollars.

But why it is bad? because the amplifier they sell keeps blowing or not working somehow. Search for another brand. This is endless money pit.

Upvote 0
Buttkicker Gamer 2. Wait.. wait.. wait.. I'll explain.

The feeling is great. It really adds a needed dimension which is motion.. Not full motion.. But some loss of traction or pumps feel or so.. on a relatively small budget comparing to full motio rigs that vost tens of thousands of dollars.

But why it is bad? because the amplifier they sell keeps blowing or not working somehow. Search for another brand. This is endless money pit.

Private message me. I've been experimenting with very affordable amp boards for this.

Upvote 0
Fanatec handbrake is my worst piece of hardware. I had issues early on with it having sensitivity issues and choppy input. Also, overall its my cheapest feeling piece of hardware. It has side to side play in it, and pulling on it doesn't really have a good handbrake feel. You get what you pay for though.

Upvote 0
Fanatec handbrake is my worst piece of hardware. I had issues early on with it having sensitivity issues and choppy input. Also, overall its my cheapest feeling piece of hardware. It has side to side play in it, and pulling on it doesn't really have a good handbrake feel. You get what you pay for though.

I agree with you on this one.
Mine required constant recalibration, was jumpy and absolutely did not like transducers!!!!!

My HE handbrake works well all the time.

Upvote 0
REALTEUS, run by a guy named Tomas Jandecka.

Worst bit of kit I ever bought was this POS.
Well actually I wouldn't know if it was a POS or not, because it never arrived, despite numerous correspondence with these jerks.

Theyve got my $200, I dont have anything, a year later.
EDIT: Scratch that - $244.00 just looked at my payment confirmation.

I cant believe they still have their website up - its infuriating.

https://www.realteus.com/products/forcefeel

Upvote 0
Yeah my friend also pre-ordered the realteus, he was told they were shipping January now hmmmm, I guess they fooled a lot of people by getting Barry from SRG (he's since mentioned the bad service) to review it, it would appear they maybe can't get their import until the fill the quota, or they are just con merchants, sorry to hear that m8

Upvote 0
Yeah my friend also pre-ordered the realteus, he was told they were shipping January now hmmmm, I guess they fooled a lot of people by getting Barry from SRG (he's since mentioned the bad service) to review it, it would appear they maybe can't get their import until the fill the quota, or they are just con merchants, sorry to hear that m8

REALTEUS, run by a guy named Tomas Jandecka.

Worst bit of kit I ever bought was this POS.
Well actually I wouldn't know if it was a POS or not, because it never arrived, despite numerous correspondence with these jerks.

Theyve got my $200, I dont have anything, a year later.
EDIT: Scratch that - $244.00 just looked at my payment confirmation.

I cant believe they still have their website up - its infuriating.

https://www.realteus.com/products/forcefeel

Realteus are sending positive notes about start delivering this month.

Upvote 0
What about a shifter with RNG? :sneaky:
Luckily my worst gear is mucher better than everyone else's, maybe that is due to the help I received on this forum. Big thanks.;)
I actually just posted a thread today, about me driving around the Nordschleife in a E30 using the fanatec shifter. The shifter will randomly put you in the wrong gear from time to time, sometimes in reverse if you get lucky. Turned out I got lucky in T1......
You can see how many times the shifter attempted murder during a single lap. Now I really want to change to something better than fanatec, but fanatec is the best mainstream brand. Anything better than their shifter is going to cost probably several times more. Fortunately I don't drive H pattern that often and the sequential mode works without flaws.

Upvote 0
RSeat S1. Can't hold a DD wheel to save its life, despite claiming it can. Pedal plate flex is beyond terrible.

Shipping was terrible, support has been terrible. Overall it's been one of the worst purchase experiences I've ever had.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Forum trophies