What's the weather like where you are right now?

Just survived our first tornado warning of the season. Left work early, drove home through driving rain and 100kph wind gusts. Apparently had an actual tornado about 3km away from the office, so I'm happy I left!

preview-brd-0.jpg

Freaking snow. Yesterday sitting on the deck enjoying a beer today it's covered in snow.

33.3°C and rising. The temperature today is predicted to break the record for hottest day since records began. The current record for mainland UK is 38.5°C set in 2003, and that could be beaten today.

I am thankfully out of my heat wave here in the NE USA. It was rough for about a week with a couple of 38-40C days. Now we are back to normal, which is around the 30C mark.

@F_B interesting you post that because I just watched the NOVA special last night about Venus. I knew it was hot there, but didn't really is was 450C hot! And apparently the air pressure is 89x what we have on Earth. No wonder the exploration probes failed in only 2hrs.

Reactions: F_B
I am thankfully out of my heat wave here in the NE USA. It was rough for about a week with a couple of 38-40C days. Now we are back to normal, which is around the 30C mark.

@F_B interesting you post that because I just watched the NOVA special last night about Venus. I knew it was hot there, but didn't really is was 450C hot! And apparently the air pressure is 89x what we have on Earth. No wonder the exploration probes failed in only 2hrs.

If you’re into these kind of documentaries I just can recommend you BBC Space Odyssey: Journey to the Stars if you haven’t seen it already. It’s a fictional take on some astronauts who travel our solar system.

If you’re into these kind of documentaries I just can recommend you BBC Space Odyssey: Journey to the Stars if you haven’t seen it already. It’s a fictional take on some astronauts who travel our solar system.
Looks like a very interesting concept, but it is unfortunately not available in the US. :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.