F1 2011 What F1 2011 leagues are going to be about?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
hi all,
just wondering if/what pc leagues people are gonna race in when the game is released, the pc league i was racing in exists no more:frown:

^^ with regard to times again, 7 pm would probably be ideal for the UK peeps, perhaps a little late for the Euros further to the right on the map, & as pointed out a little early for the Aussies etc...

If the race is done on a Sunday I would have thought this would be a problem for pretty much every one. Most will want a reasonably early night Sunday night ready for work Monday morning, so late enough for the UK peeps, too late for the Euros, the Aussies would be racing 6 am monday morning, so kind of excludes them, & peeps in similar time zones... (all times local)

I know peeps like to go out at weekends, for me Pub night is Friday night, I dont mind not going out Saturday night but would like to get a few pints in if possible, the point being Saturday night racing is I think ideal. With other time zones involved doing it on Friday night some peeps will still be at work (in the Americas), doing it on Sunday night some peeps will be getting ready for work (Aus - Asia) & Euros eg Ukraine looking at a 1 am finish time on Monday morning, not good if you have to get up at 5 am.

IMO Sunday is a bad idea as it will exlcude too many people

Ok guys ill try and sort my way through each topic as best I can, these are only my opinions and nothing is set in stone as of yet.

So race day, we were aiming for a Sunday race but in the end I think we may have to have a poll out there to see if its a 50/50 or clear on what day we have it.

Race time, unfortunately getting everyone from around the globe into one time is near enough impossible theres no simple answer to this and as all of the admin team are in the EU it will be as best to suit the EU with consideration for attempting to fit US or Australia into it, its just not possible to have a timezone that fits all without clashing with the real event. From my point of view a slightly earlier time may be best suited and in the end we may have to think about setting up a group or 2 depending on the amount of Aussies interested and set it up on their timezone that suits best.

We will have a damn good think about this be sure of that, the more you guys post up here the more information we have to go on, on who wants what.

I'm in Australia and most of your current races are at like 4 in the morning for me haha. Just do what you can for us guys on the other side of the globe!
yeah we are aware of that, unfortunatly if we cater for you guy's more and move the time back then it would be way to late for us :(.... it's a no win situation unless you Aussie's are very determind to wake up early and race!

We had a number or the Euro drivers asking for later starts, could 9pm Saturday evening be considered as a compromise?
Surely they would want earlier start, 9pm UK is 10 pm for most of Europe, 11 pm for a smaller bit of Europe etc... for an approx 2 hour race

Different Time Zone Map
Time Zone Map

Perhaps as an idea to guage interest, first look at who we have in the current leagues, I'm only talking PC as that is all that I'm in.
We have 48 drivers in the PC leagues with 3 waiting, see what time zones they are in.

Then based on those results, put some polls up, perhaps splitting the world into 3 or 4 time zones, & get people to post their interest in the relevant zone & go from there.

I have so far only seen 2 people asking for US times, & 3 people wanting Aus times. I dont pretend to read all the posts either.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.