What does the RACER community drive?

Just curious. I bought my 1st car last week, a 1996 Plymouth Neon coupe.

0625101743.jpg

0625101745.jpg

Attachments

• 0625101743.jpg
    0625101743.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 648
We were going to buy the Lexus today. Some [choice word] has beat us to it, and he guy who sold it didn't know about us, so it wasn't held.

There's a red one coming in on Thursday, so we'll see what it's like.

Annoyed!

Well the red one wasn't red, but silver, and a base model. Wasn't as nice, nowhere near.

Good news is, the buyer changed their mind (wife couldn't drive it, too big...) so we bought it. Collecting tomorrow. Pictures at the weekend ;)

Bare in mind 97 costs £1.40 a litre, and only getting on average 24mpg, a petrol wouldn't be any better than the Celica. :/ And in the UK, they're pretty rare (for the obvious reason :p)

2.2L diesel, 400nm of torque. It's so powerful it was pulling itself (on flats and slight up-hills) at 30mph in 5th gear. We're very impressed :D

Looking for another vehicle...my Focus has 152K miles and has averaged over $200 a month in repairs since It's purchase in May (142K)

Looking to spend around 7K ish USD, which brings me to this list from most likely to least likely

Scion xA (sold in some markets as the Toyota Ist, it's super good on gas and has a reputation for being very reliable. It's also bigger in several ways than my Focus)
137076.1-lg.jpg

Scion xB (sold in some markets as the Toyota bB, super roomy inside similar to an SUV, but it's more expensive than other models)
2006_scion_xb-pic-36183.jpeg

Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix
6a00d83451b3c669e20134867c9a86970c-800wi

Toyota-Matrix-3.jpg

Ford Fusion (Gas Mileage isn't very good, though)
2011-ford-fusion-.jpg

Another Focus
2005%20FocusFront.jpg

And that is about it. Everything else is a bit expensive. Hopefully I haven't missed anything

My advice is: Forget about buying anything new! Today the cars are made in the way 3-5 years to last and then done! I´d rather buy something proven and reliable :) But I don´t know what designs, sizes, engines you prefer...

Just thought I'd say, my PT in repairs has been extremely cheap. insurance, is kinda on the higher side, and gas, well $40(USD) a month for me lol. would be less a month for gas but it out right refuses to get better then 18mpg.

Just thought I'd say, my PT in repairs has been extremely cheap. insurance, is kinda on the higher side, and gas, well $40(USD) a month for me lol. would be less a month for gas but it out right refuses to get better then 18mpg.

The PT is just so old, though. And MPG's aren't very good.

Scion xA. Instead of spending $200 a month in repairs you will be spending $200 a YEAR in repairs. It's Toyota after all..

I like the xA but cruise control is not available. Just keeping my options open to basically something japanese and lower mileage (under 100K miles)

$40 a month in petrol? The Celica was taking $400 here! (About £3000 a year)

We had some RWD slidey slidey today haha. That Lexus can slide lol!

Heh, I'm at around $40 a week in gas!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%