What does the RACER community drive?

Just curious. I bought my 1st car last week, a 1996 Plymouth Neon coupe.

0625101743.jpg

0625101745.jpg

Attachments

• 0625101743.jpg
    0625101743.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 648
The GT-Four is getting it's super rare white OZ WRC rims repaired, repainted, refurbished (w/e you wanna call it :tongue:) on Monday. And for starters, a new dump valve has been ordered.. and no, it's not the kind the just makes a loud psshhhh, it's actually a recirculation type not atmospheric, like the standard one, but it's a better kind and much more effective at keeping the turbo in good condition :)

I think next up is a Blitz air intake.. we shall see. New distributor/rotor arm, leads and plugs are on the list too. Will get pics of the wheels!

Nice Scott, those WRC wheels are probably really rare (I can't think of any GT-Fours I've seen with them). I'm sure they will look great once they are refurbished. Hm that dump valve sounds like it would be good for letting the turbo keep up its boost pressures.

I'd do the leads and plugs (in America we call them plugs and wires), distributor, and rotor arm all before dreaming up any other mods to apply to the vehicle, that way the engine is in top nick when you put mods on it. Of course the air intake your saying I have no idea what it looks like, but hopefully its not a "cold" air intake one (as in has a huge open air filter on it that will suck up all the hot air in the engine bay).

I've only ever seen 2 or 3 GT-Fours with them, and that was on Youtube! There's a guy in Russia with a yellow one, it looks surprisingly nice.. kinda like a yellow Delta does. Yeah, that's the idea, less lag etc. The original is alright but this one is highly recommended for GT-Fours.

Well that's the plan. Do all those then get a boost controller and disable the tvsv (limits the boost in 1st and 2nd to make more in the other gears). Bam, 280-300ish bhp. :)

Blitzsuspower2.jpg

Like this? This is what we're getting (or something like it) but I agree that a heat shield would be very benificial. But it's better than a restricting panel filter tbh.

yeah boxing that filter in will work good, or having some way of having ram air intake. Also another thing you may want to look into is a bigger intercooler (unless you already have a larger then factory one)

It's still a standard (replaced after that guy crashed into us earlier this year) but it's pretty big anyway as the engine is designed to run very hot. I'd say if we went for a rebuild for upto 400bhp a new one would be needed though!

ss101682.jpg

ss101683.jpg

Woop! :D Bare in mind they're actually dirty already, our lovely summer weather turned to turential downpours overnight :( And there's even a bit of brake dust on them too, massive brakes, massive amounts of brake dust..

Woop! :D Bare in mind they're actually dirty already, our lovely summer weather turned to turential downpours overnight :( And there's even a bit of brake dust on them too, massive brakes, massive amounts of brake dust..
Already dirty? GET TO WORK BOY!

lol the wheels look good especially on a black car they stand out (like stains on a mattress)

Car got washed, wheels look awesome, car is still shiney (although dirty since I washed it the other day) :tongue:

Dump valve arrived in the mail, and we fitted it. It's louder than I thought it would be (on the inside), but it's pretty subtle outside compared to most.. so it's all good.

We've found a guy to paint the passenger side (guy key'd it quite a while ago), so it'll look the full biz soon :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%