what cockpit to buy

I hope more reactions will follow
For now if I had to choose I would buy a GTOmega as well
but that's just based on the price (best imo) and it looks good too...
but the more advice the better! :)

Upvote 0
I got a gt omega evo a couple of months ago and paired it with a thrustmaster t500.it was an upgrade from g27 and wheel stand pro. Personally I could not be happier. Comfy as he'll and really sturdy. It's like night and day comparing the 2 set ups

Upvote 0
I've not tried personally and obvious it depends on where, but the seat folds up and the whole thing kind of splits in two at the base where the seat section attaches to the wheel and pedal end. There is a review of this rig on insidesimracing and they show the connection bolts I mean. They indicate some flex at that point, it's not been a problem for me so far, the I also find the wheel sits more rigidly too.

Upvote 0
I have a the Gt Omega with the monitor stand, this was made even better recently with the new side supports. i cant compare as this is my first rig, but ive no complaints yes there are probably better out there but bang for buck its spot on in my eyes.
img6158y.jpg

possible problems
  • triple monitor stand, getting the 3 tv's to line up required a bit of fiddling about. once done good and solid no wobble form the wheel as its a separate unit to the frame. without the stand the old one did move or wobble when a higher setting of ffb was used
  • lining up the bolt holes. don't tighten it up until all the bolts are in. had to drill 1 or 2 holes.
  • watch out under the wheel 4 strips of metal can catch your knee.. depending on wheel position.
  • G25 pedals and wheel fitted first time, other wheels might require you to drill the holes.
  • Keyboard stand does wobble and can be improved on..right hand side with wood on it used as my mouse mat. New monitor /tv stand has a much better one on it
  • it used to slide apart in the middle section.. (maybe did not have it tight enough)
  • used to flex with the wheel tubes but the new support make it real rigid.

Upvote 0
well Rupe, thanks for that specific info!
cause these are things you get to know normally after you bought the rig
gonna copy paste this for later... :)

one question mate:
those screens look friggin big (and ace!)
what inch is it,cause I heared it only supports up till 24 and others say 27 inch...
(it are monitors right, or did you really mean tv's?)

Upvote 0
My GT Omega was flexible as anything. Perhaps I am hulk-like and put more stresses on the frame than most, but I think that's unlikely. I can't bear my race-rig flexing, it removes so much of the immersion for me. The Nixim doesn't move one bit.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back