1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What Camera do you race with?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Ross Balfour, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Cockpit

60.4%
  2. Swingman

6.7%
  3. Action

2.0%
  4. Bonnet

28.9%
  5. Complete Front

2.0%
  1. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ok New pole

I honestly drive with Swingman but what about you lot??

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

By complete front I mean the angle where you can see none of the car your driving :)

3. since accolades original Test Drive i am a truly cockpit driver never raced with the other cams
    ofc i testet them but i cant get in grip with these views the real feel i have only with cockpit view

4. Hood cam/Bonnet can does me see enough of the front of the car plus with virtual mirrors lets you know whats behind.

5. Only cockpit!!! It is simRACING - not ARCADEracing! ;)

6. cockpit

cockpit, it's a must, the other views i feel totally unsafe though i might be faster, just doesn't feel right. tried it for 2-4 laps, no way.

7. Echo echo echo

Same here.

8. Ditto.

9. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. Cockpit cam all the way, used to drive with chase (swingman) in the past but can't stand it now, it feels so detached. If there isn't a 'true' cockpit cam I use bonnet cam. Not too keen on bumper though it is fine for arcade racers like Ridge Racer etc.

Andy

11. Bonnet view for more I feel more aware of what is around me in this view. In cockpit view I feel like I'm going to go into someone else. Would like to try and get used to it.

Also, I've never seen an option for virtual mirrors?

12. Cockpit all the way.

13. Start Race07 goto "Options" "Visual Setting" and chane "Rear View Mirror" to "Virtual"

and rember have a nice day ....

14. Yay, no more using the down D-Pad to look back :jumping:

Thankyou

15. Bonnet view with "virtual mirrors" here.

Would love to get used to cockpit but it doesn't feel natural like in a real car. Hitting apexes on a tight track just seem to be a pain in the @ss. Maybe I need to get one of those trackIR things for it to be better. I tried the "look to apex" settings but nothing feels good to me :(

16. Cockpit view looks great but in league races i use hood view.Im bit faster with this one.

17. I agree with u:) i tried the hood cam for 2 laps and i was a little faster already but as epic said; it feels like arcaderacing with the another view than cockpit. so i will stay with the cockpit view forever ;)

18. I use the bonnet/hood view, because with the cockpit view I am slower and I have the feeling I don't see enough of what is happening around me.

19. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Here we go again; the ongoing discussion.
    What if you already have a cockpit at home. You race with the 'real' and virtual cockpit? Have you though about the FPS drop for the minimal spec pc's?

The only REAL simracer drives fair and respect others on track, no matter which view!

PS. I drive hood with virtual mirrors. I can also race cockpit but then I want real mirrors, which are not good in Race07 in most cars.

20. +1! :thumb: I use cockpit view.