What Camera do you race with?

• Kyle Evers

Interesting how no one uses the action camera either...

I always use the action camera in an F3000. Whenever I play rFactor I sometimes try to simulate an onboard camera like the action camera.

I prefer cockpit view as it gives me a real feel of the car. Some cockpits are not that good though and i seem lost and struggle to find a good racingline. I revert to hood cam in those cases. Tried driving the Epsilons from cockpit view? Can't see anything!

Also my TrackIR is most useful in cockpit view :drool:

• Kyle Evers

I prefer cockpit view as it gives me a real feel of the car. Some cockpits are not that good though and i seem lost and struggle to find a good racingline. I revert to hood cam in those cases. Tried driving the Epsilons from cockpit view? Can't see anything!

Also my TrackIR is most useful in cockpit view :drool:

Ahh man I love the cockpit view for the EEs! The interior is just awesome. I can personally see perfectly in it.

If there's cockpit I use cockpit. In GT4 I use roof cam.

Same here. GT4 could have done well with a cockpit view.

Cockpit. I don't know how to describe it, but in a closed-wheel car using other views, the driving experience feels "numb". ie. I don't have as much of a feel for where the wheels are pointing if I can't see the steering wheel in-game. That's also why I race with the visible wheel as well... :D

• Theo Loonstra

I used to race with Swingman view but since the last month I switched to cockpit view and basicly made it a mandatory for myself.
After all it is simracing and now I can't see myself doing another view tbh.
Well in Race 07 that is.

In GT5 prologue I use bonnet view and in Rfactor with the openwheels like CART factor I use the T cam.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.5%