Week 2: Seriously Not Serious Club Viper SRT-10 @ Zolder

That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Round 1 closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNSC
Password: usual club password.

Cars: Viper SRT-10
Track: Zolder [download]

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The 10th fastest decides the weather (dy, 10% rain, 30% rain ,etc...)
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 1
SNSCww1.jpg

For those of looking for some inspiration regarding this car (I mean... bathtub), see this video below******edit out****

Things to remember:

The car has ABS... not allowed at our event.
The car has traction control... not allowed at our event.
The guy driving it knows what he is doing… Tom Coronel.

Things to notice:

The car has massive understeer and observe the big handfuls given in Adenauer Forst area for instances...
The Gearing... far from ideal for the track.
Massive vibrations to transmission when reaching the rev limiter...
It takes balls & skill to do a 7:22 with this on the Nord in RL...

A few other things to notice:

• Car that we are driving is the SRT-10
  • Car in the video is the track special SRT-10 ACR complete with 600bhp front splitter massive rear wing and increased rigidity with the roof on and uber sticky icky tires
The car I think had very poor gearing for the track, and tracks in general, I dont think he uses sixth does he, long time since i watched this vid. The car I think could be way faster with better gearing, and just overall better gearbox. There's a reason why the GTSRs won Le Mans 3 or 4 years running.

Great track, awful car. Note to self: never buy a modern US car...or even drive one. Everything is good if there is no turns in the road..

Couldn't disagree with you more Kennett, everyone of these cars simply annihilates anything in their price range, all of the punch way above their weight class. IMO maybe this version is slightly looser given the open top, but make no mistake any Viper is no slouch on any sort of road.

I love these cars you drive them the old fashioned way, with the throttle. Wish they had put the Z06 or ZR1 in this game and some other production cars as well.

Well, I have driver a Viper in real life several times. They DO NOT feel anything like the Simbin version!!!

We demand the truce! Did you turn off the electronics? Come-on, tell us? :mean::D
Did you give a big handful? Oops, this isn’t a bike… did you slam the accelerator like I do in my little virtual world? So… :fwd2:

One interesting thing, I saw a good number of these curious machines in London recently, don't ask me why, but many there seem to like it (I bet US expatriates)... I've to admit that when a dude decided to do a traffic light (straight line) in one go, the sound of the engine made me turn my head to see who was burning that amount of fuel
:wink2:

We demand the truce! Did you turn off the electronics? Come-on, tell us? :mean::D
Did you give a big handful? Oops, this isn’t a bike… did you slam the accelerator like I do in my little virtual world? So… :fwd2:

One interesting thing, I saw a good number of these curious machines in London recently, don't ask me why, but many there seem to like it (I bet US expatriates)... I've to admit that when a dude decided to do a traffic light (straight line) in one go, the sound of the engine made me turn my head to see who was burning that amount of fuel
:wink2:

Didnt turn any of the electronics off (wasnt my car), BUT I was able to drive in a city and the car actually turned. Here even at slow speeds it has a hard time:)

... BUT I was able to drive in a city and the car actually turned. Here even at slow speeds it has a hard time:)

You have a point there... to tell the truce I've been doing about one lap a day with it at Zolder, any more and I think it wouldn’t be educational for the rest of the classes in this game.

If we google for it, one can find quite a few guys complaining about at the slightest dump tarmac, the front, the rear, all want to go even at very low speeds and with all electronics on.

Like C. Haba typed, I also think that this car to be driven fast in game needs to be done like a RWD Rally car of the 70's/80's or like a dirty bike.

Like C. Haba typed, I also think that this car to be driven fast in game needs to be done like a RWD Rally car of the 70's/80's or like a dirty bike.

My point excactly. Didn't say they aren't fun to drive and the low price IRL is a good point. But they are still marketed as a high performance cars and they don't behave as such. It's an American muscle car with loads of grunt, zero brain and bad case of schitsoprhenia. :flag::flag::flag:

While you discuss muscle cars here i need to go on topic again (sorry for that)

I need to say "dam!". Peter passed me and Keith is again one position in front of me! I need to practise more.

Back of topic again....

Hi All,
New here and thought this would be a great informal weekly way to start, so did a few laps in the viper last night...OUCH! This car is a nightmare! Have been learning the ropes in the Alfa 156 07 and the Viper seems so out of control it's unbelievable.... still managed to post some ok (slow!) laps - with the added benefit of gaining a second or more at some tracks when I got back in the Alfa!
Have to say this is a great idea guys, as it will encourage me and others to drive new cars / tracks and learn from it, hope to see you in a race soon,

J

Hi All,
New here and thought this would be a great informal weekly way to start, so did a few laps in the viper last night...OUCH! This car is a nightmare! Have been learning the ropes in the Alfa 156 07 and the Viper seems so out of control it's unbelievable.... still managed to post some ok (slow!) laps - with the added benefit of gaining a second or more at some tracks when I got back in the Alfa!
Have to say this is a great idea guys, as it will encourage me and others to drive new cars / tracks and learn from it, hope to see you in a race soon,

J

Hy James!

You're ever welcome here!

Taking this for learning is indeed a very good way!

first time back for a while and this seemed like a good place to start. The Viper is a real handful! Going backwards round corners is wrong still I take it :p

• Ariff Roose

um next time can we not use a downloaded track?.. i just got gtre steamed and struggling to put zolder..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back