Week 2: Seriously Not Serious Club Viper SRT-10 @ Zolder

That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Round 1 closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNSC
Password: usual club password.

Cars: Viper SRT-10
Track: Zolder [download]

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The 10th fastest decides the weather (dy, 10% rain, 30% rain ,etc...)
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 1
SNSCww1.jpg

LoL guys even if I was to win the next week again I would not have chosen the car I would have definitely have given the choice to the next in line, but since you guys said 3 weeks in a row.... If I do get to be on top again I'll take suggestions how about that? Good for everyone involved I think.

Have fun, this is a nice track for the car I was practicing Valencia Long with it and all I was doing was drifting around there. Soooo much power and torques....

I tried to take this Seriously not so Serious challenge not too serious but was left seriously dissapointed by the serious handling dissabilities of the Viper.

The track with it's seriously funny kinks, links, thrills and spills left me looking like a seriously drunk in a overpowered and seriously fast Formula 1 car with no traction control. It was hilarious really it was. I managed 4 laps and none of them could lead into a actual lap because the car got seriously out of shape and messed up before I could even make the start/stop line for a hotlap.

I mean this is serious ****e... For now I'd stick to the Euro crap or something that is way underpower... Will try next week again...

10/4 over and out see you next week :bang:

I tried to take this Seriously not so Serious challenge not too serious but was left seriously dissapointed by the serious handling dissabilities of the Viper.

The track with it's seriously funny kinks, links, thrills and spills left me looking like a seriously drunk in a overpowered and seriously fast Formula 1 car with no traction control. It was hilarious really it was. I managed 4 laps and none of them could lead into a actual lap because the car got seriously out of shape and messed up before I could even make the start/stop line for a hotlap.

I mean this is serious ****e... For now I'd stick to the Euro crap or something that is way underpower... Will try next week again...

10/4 over and out see you next week :bang:
So in the next week one of the Habas should choose the Mini, that poor Pieter can join in again!:laugh2::vampire: (no offence against you... and the Mini of course:bulgy-eyes:)

Man that damn Viper is a hand, mouth, skin and ear full and NOT for a rookie like me!!! If you've seen me driving then you'd say I am on drugs driving like a tree loving hippie, no joke :male-fighter2:

I'll stay tuned for next week because I love the format... :)

So in the next week one of the Habas should choose the Mini, that poor Pieter can join in again!:laugh2::vampire: (no offence against you... and the Mini of course:bulgy-eyes:)

Man that damn Viper is a hand, mouth, skin and ear full and NOT for a rookie like me!!!

But this is the best way to become a better skilled driver! Stay with a hard controlable car on one track and test as much as you can AND start carefully being very soft on power and brakes. Then you'll automatically do step by step forward to the limit by pushing just a bit more, the more you get used to the car. this is how you get the feeling to be right on the power and the breaks...

I am fine with that. 2nd fastest picks the weather?
You mean the Haba family have a reunion and decide everything for us... :D

How about the mid guys? If we have and even number, just divide by 2 and the driver in that position chooses. If we have an odd number of total drivers, divide by 2 and pick the lowest (15/2=7,5=7th chooses).

How about that? The one in front chooses one thing, the one in the back chooses another thing and the one in the middle chooses the last parameter.

Hmm. Changeable weather.. Don't like but hey it is a good opportunity to learn. How come the times here don't register in the timing.racedepartment.com?

This format is ideal to fill in the list, since there are too few car/track combos currently. Like cats 200, there are no times at all and at the current rate, there is going to be like 1 event in the next year... Cats are not the most popular club cars, can't remember any event for 200's since february.

EDIT: Just look what Mini Friday has been able to do: Best 12 Laps Mini
If i'm not mistaken the timings were reset not so long ago?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%