Webber Will Be At Chinese Grand Prix

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Red Bull's Mark Webber will be at the Chinese Grand Prix, in three weeks. Webber will not just walk away from Formula One as suggested by the press, after the Controversial Malaysian Grand Prix. That is what Mark Webber's dad has been telling the press today.

Image: foxsportasia

On Sunday Vettel ignored the team's orders, which even resulted in the normally level headed Christian Horner (The Red Bull Team Principal) branding him stupid. Horner was heard over Vettel's radio saying ""This is silly Seb, Come on". Yet the German ignored the calls and continued to pass his team mate.

In the aftermath of the GP Webber told reporters that in the final laps of the race, he had "thought about many things." Alot of speculation came from that, the main one was that Webber would not of turned up to the next Grand Prix in China.

"We'll be up in China for the next one." Alan Webber told the press. "I think it will take a while to earn the respect and trust again, Sebastian disobeyed team orders and most, if not all the team, are disappointed with him. Up and down the pit lane Mark has not lost any credibility at all. It's probably Sebastian who has lost an awful lot,"

The Red Bull team are far from happy at Sebastian Vettel, The Triple World Champion.

Bernie Ecclestone Expressed concern for the Triple World Champion, saying that Vettel has made his bed, he must now lie in it. The F1 Supremo is referring to the next time Vettel needs Webbers help. Say if it's a crucial World Championship decider, Webber could refuse to help Vettel.

Ecclestone spoke to Guardian:
"Let's assume these two guys are in a position to win the championship at the end of the year, then there is no way Mark is going to help Sebastian," said Ecclestone. "So Sebastian has to think about that. Maybe there will be a stage when he would like Mark to help him, but I don't think Mark is going to come up front and do it."

Ecclestone also added that he believes no team orders should be called early in the season, adding:
"At this stage of the championship, I do not believe there should be any team orders. It does not matter who it is,"

That applies to Mercedes who also made Nico Rosberg stay behind his team mate Lewis Hamilton, who was slower than Rosberg. Unlike Vettel though, Rosberg adhered to the team orders.
View the Post on the Blog

Of course he will be there. The one that should not be there is Vettel, because I actually agree what Watson said to the BBC: If Horner wants to have any kind of authority in the future he has to lay his foot down and suspend Vettel for one race.
But I hardly doubt that RB will have the balls to do so.
But if nothing happens to Vettel which is what I expect, I think Webber will leave RB t the end of the season and therefore probably also F1.

Christian Horner (The Red Bull Team Principal) branding him stupid. Horner was heard over Vettel's radio saying "Come on Seb this is stupid."

i believe the real quote had silly ,not stupid! If you gona write articles about F1, i think the first thing you should do is make sure you have your facts and quotes right! ;)

Unless of course you purposedly used stupid.

silly - goofy , playing around , child like

stupid - ignorant , dumb , unintelligent

Ivan Mills if you can do it better please submit your own masterpieces via the following link and we happily publish it: http://www.racedepartment.com/submit-an-article/

silly - goofy , playing around , child like

stupid - ignorant , dumb , unintelligent

it was good of Dan to come clean though,too bad his comment was deleted,as i was just about to give him a :thumbsup: for it

EDIT: Dan is doing an alright job with the writing ..it just needs to be edited when it's finished. I can do that for him:)
-

To get back to the topic of Webber. I am glad he didn't choose to run away. I am sure this season there will come a moment that Webber will directly tries to win a man-to-man battle with Vettel. Will be interesting to see what then happens as both are not going to put their big-right-foot down anymore, whatever Horner or Newey says.

the article is still conveing wrong information ,since Horner never branded him(Vettel) "stupid",but if he had, then THAT would have been stupid,since Team Principles are far too inteligent to use that kind of language.

Guys,

Silly means stupid - it was foolish. I made a simple mistake on the article, in the quotation, a simple PM would of been alot easier than derailing the whole thread on the article.

I will look closer at the articles before they are published in terms of getting things right, I'm only just beginning on articles so give me a chance to provide you guys with upto date news on F1.

I would like to thank you for pointing out the mistakes - which I will now amend.

Dan

sil·ly (s
ibreve.gif
l
prime.gif
emacr.gif
)

adj. sil·li·er, sil·li·est
1. Exhibiting a lack of wisdom or good sense; foolish. See Synonyms at foolish.
2. Lacking seriousness or responsibleness; frivolous: indulged in silly word play; silly pet names for each other.
3. Semiconscious; dazed: knocked silly by the impact.
stu·pid (st
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
p
ibreve.gif
d, sty
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
-)

adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

sil·ly(s
ibreve.gif
l
prime.gif
emacr.gif
)

adj. sil·li·er, sil·li·est
1. Exhibiting a lack of wisdom or good sense; foolish. See Synonyms at foolish.
2. Lacking seriousness or responsibleness; frivolous: indulged in silly word play; silly pet names for each other.
3. Semiconscious; dazed: knocked silly by the impact.
stu·pid(st
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
p
ibreve.gif
d, sty
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
-)

adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

all that and no credit to the source :/

Come on guys give the guy a break. Silly or stupid be glad that someone steps up to the plate to contribute an article for this website.

To second Bram. If you think you are so wonderful submit a article and find out how well it is rated.

And back on topic I'm glad Webber will show up at the Chines GP. The slight doubt that I still have is that the words do no come out of Mark Webber his mouth.

I feel that if Webber wants out of Red Bull at then end of this year, then he'll probably retire.

Lets look at the facts:
- He doesn't want to race unless he's in a competitive team
- Ferrari wont drop Massa on his current form
- If he does go to Ferrari, then he'll just have the same situation that he has now, if not worse, because Fernando is even more of a clear No. 1 driver than Seb.
- He can't go to Mclaren because they're rebuilding for the future.
- His best option would be to move to Lotus if Grosjean is dropped.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back