Webber Will Be At Chinese Grand Prix

Mark helping Vettel? Like he helped him in Brazil last year where he almost lost the championship? Or in Turkey, where Vettel needed to take his racing line coming to the corner, yet Webber just kept straight because he's a jerk?

Vettel is plain and simple, better than Webber. I have no problem with what Vettel did. If the team does not step up when Webber is slow on the track, then by all means, I want to see him taking matter in his own hands and pass him on the track.

Webber is just bitter that he failed being better than Vettel, and with the same car, Vettel was the one who won the championship.

Lulian,

You are clearly a Vettel fan. And his is not a topic Webber is great but just to discuss what happened at the track. And Webber was slow because he tuned down his car to save the engine and gearbox for future races. As ordered by the team. It is the same situation as Hamilton/Rosberg. The reason behind the topic is that if you make an agreement then you expect that both drivers follow that agreement. And that is why Webber is so mad at Vettel/Red Bull racing. I agree with you what happened at Turkey was Webber his fault he made a stupid move.

I feel that if Webber wants out of Red Bull at then end of this year, then he'll probably retire.

Lets look at the facts:
- He doesn't want to race unless he's in a competitive team
- Ferrari wont drop Massa on his current form
- If he does go to Ferrari, then he'll just have the same situation that he has now, if not worse, because Fernando is even more of a clear No. 1 driver than Seb.
- He can't go to Mclaren because they're rebuilding for the future.
- His best option would be to move to Lotus if Grosjean is dropped.

yup, Crashjean will be dropped. He better team up with Kimi.

Is only good for him to move teams, he will never be favoured, **** not even when he had his shot in 2010, Vettel was favoured the whole way even when he wasn't even 2nd 3rd or 4th in the championship. Goes to show Team Vettel. No Backbone in their leadership

"he will always be protected" - Webber.

oh the truth hurts. I understand now when they told me that Australia, nobody agrees with Team Vettel and he got booed the most, wait, the only one to get booed lol.

Webber better walk around to Lotus garage during Practice sessions and have a tea followed by a few chats.

Mark helping Vettel? Like he helped him in Brazil last year where he almost lost the championship? Or in Turkey, where Vettel needed to take his racing line coming to the corner, yet Webber just kept straight because he's a jerk?

Vettel is plain and simple, better than Webber. I have no problem with what Vettel did. If the team does not step up when Webber is slow on the track, then by all means, I want to see him taking matter in his own hands and pass him on the track.

Webber is just bitter that he failed being better than Vettel, and with the same car, Vettel was the one who won the championship.

irrelevant. This isn't about bitterness of one another because 1 won more championships than the other one.

you sir miss the whole point of this entire controversy. HONORING A BOSSES REQUEST, and living up to it no matter how much you want to win.

and please why do you bring up 2012 Brazil, Webber has every right to defend against anybody, including his team-mate, FIA didn't punish him because he defended it the right way, he only moved when Marks engineers asked him to let him thru over the radio, and Mark not being arrogant or a spoiled person, Listened, Followed and carried on, unlike his teammate. Don't belive me, youtube it or watch the race again.

what a fail.

Hey Diego

You might want to look into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K2rJKE-6A74

An interview with Red Bulls Mark Webber after the 2011 British Grand Prix where he was told to matain a three second gap to team mate Sebastian Vettel with a few laps to go. Webber chose to ignore this instruction from the pit wall & attempted to pass Vettel but never pulled it off.

Or in Turkey, where Vettel needed to take his racing line coming to the corner, yet Webber just kept straight because he's a jerk?
It´s called racing. What Vettel did is called taking out yourself and your teammate because you drove right into a person who did absolutely nothing wrong.

Next race Vergne should not even brake for T1, just smash into everyone then call everyone a "jerk" because they were in the way.

Edit: gotta say i love the "Vettel needed to take "his" line" as if he´s the track owner.

Of course he will be there. The one that should not be there is Vettel, because I actually agree what Watson said to the BBC: If Horner wants to have any kind of authority in the future he has to lay his foot down and suspend Vettel for one race.
But I hardly doubt that RB will have the balls to do so.
But if nothing happens to Vettel which is what I expect, I think Webber will leave RB t the end of the season and therefore probably also F1.
Well, if Webber leaves RB, I actually hope that he can go to McLaren or Mercedes or Ferrari to just show RB whos the boss

Hey Diego

You might want to look into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K2rJKE-6A74

An interview with Red Bulls Mark Webber after the 2011 British Grand Prix where he was told to matain a three second gap to team mate Sebastian Vettel with a few laps to go. Webber chose to ignore this instruction from the pit wall & attempted to pass Vettel but never pulled it off.
Currently RBR have a pre-race agreement that who ever is leading after the final pitstop takes the win.

I'm not sure if they had that in 2011 (probably started after Silverstone?),but Silverstone 2011 is a very different situation.

Before Webber is told to 'maintain the gap', Vettel is on the radio telling the team 'to be wise' he gets a reply 'We know what you mean & are controlling the situation' then the order to Webber goes out to maintain the gap (repeatedly) & in a very different manner to Malaysia 2013.

Vettel knows he is Golden boy in the team & uses that status regularly for his advantage.

Look at Vettel in Malayasia, trying to tell the team that 'Mark is too slow, get him out of the way'.
Which was a bullshit comment (Vettel was not faster) but Vettel was trying to use his exalted status to get a free pass.
Just like Silverstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYPCS3VXxGY

As for Brazil, Webber had every right to fight for position he needed to capitalise on points for the WDC standings.
Vettel only needed 15th to get WDC, and don't forget the radio message from RBR thanking Webber for letting Vettel pass.

Look at Vettel in Malayasia, trying to tell the team that 'Mark is too slow, get him out of the way'.
Which was a bullshit comment (Vettel was not faster) but Vettel was trying to use his exalted status to get a free pass.

Actually Vettel was faster on either compound!...here read this(excerpt from PF1)http://planetf1.com/editorial/8609604/Was-Webber-Goading-Vettel-

Webber pitted at the end of Lap 7 and took on the hard tyre which only lasted him till the end of Lap 19. Staying out two laps longer had given him the lead, but in the second stint, on the hard tyre, he couldn't shrug off Vettel and surprised commentators by coming in so early. Who was he racing at that stage - Vettel, or the two Mercedes behind Vettel?
Webber wasn't able to make his mediums last as well as Vettel in the second stint. And while Vettel was able to close up on Webber when the Aussie had hards and the German had mediums - when they swapped tyres Vettel was quicker on the hards as well.
The gaps on Lap 23 were:
Lap 23: Webber to Vettel, 2.6: Vettel to Hamilton 2.1: Hamilton to Rosberg 3.3
At this stage Lewis Hamilton was flying with a fastest lap of 1:41.610 putting pressure on Vettel. In fact, the three cars following Webber were all closing in. Webber suddenly slowed down by 1.4 seconds to the cars behind. Thus the gaps on Lap 24 were:
Lap 24: Webber to Vettel, 1.2: Vettel to Hamilton 1.8: Hamilton to Rosberg 2.6
Lap 25: Webber to Vettel, 0.5: Vettel to Hamilton 1.7: Hamilton to Rosberg 2.3
Lap 26: Webber to Vettel, 0.4: Vettel to Hamilton 1.3: Hamilton to Rosberg 2.6
Lap 27: Webber to Vettel, 0.7: Vettel to Hamilton 1.0: Hamilton to Rosberg 1.9
Lap 28: Webber to Vettel, 1.3: Vettel to Hamilton 1.2: Hamilton to Rosberg 2.2
It was around Lap 26/27 that Vettel uttered his dismissive "Mark is too slow, get him out of the way," which sounded exactly like the kind of thing that a 'protected' spoilt boy would say. But the lap times show that Mark was only five laps into his stint on the mediums, could have gone faster, and was backing Vettel up into the two Mercedes. If his intent was to try and run as slowly as possible on a faster tyre than Vettel, then the logical thing would have been to let Vettel through as their strategies were different. Vettel had proved in the first stint that he could make the medium tyre last longer, so why wasn't he let through?
Autosport's Mark Hughes believes that Webber was backing Vettel into the cars behind, just as he had been before their infamous clash in Turkey in 2010. Vettel was irate at not being allowed to run his true pace - because his engineer was soon on the radio telling him not to follow too close in the fast corners - and also aware that the two cars behind him were running on his pace and not Webber's.

As for Brazil, Webber had every right to fight for position he needed to capitalise on points for the WDC standings.
Vettel only needed 15th to get WDC, and don't forget the radio message from RBR thanking Webber for letting Vettel pass.

mmm...what?!!!

Even still - there are certainly better ways of asking your team to take action. ;)

you replied too fast:),but if you had taken the time to read what i posted above or even the whole article you might get a better idea as to why SV conducted himself in such a way

besides ,F1 isn't a contest about the most polite radio message is it?;)

I did read it actually Ivan, I was just replying to your message and the quote - still no way to speak about your "teammate" even if you are quicker than him - there are ways of asking. ;)

But the lap times show that Mark was only five laps into his stint on the mediums, could have gone faster, and was backing Vettel up into the two Mercedes. If his intent was to try and run as slowly as possible on a faster tyre than Vettel, then the logical thing would have been to let Vettel through as their strategies were different

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back