Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't think he realised it was a WIP at that point. He was corrected in the chat after he said that. Notice that he kept wanting to have another go on it after getting crashed out, though, which is a sign of a good track.

Recently raced at WGI and had a terrific run thanks to the track that @LilSki so meticulously put together for all of us to enjoy. Last year, without a good version to prep with, I was 10 seconds slower/lap. This year, we got the car through almost the entire 95 car field before the engine let go.

Thanks for your hard work!

Here is just one lap to show the similarities.

LilSki updated Watkins Glen International with a new update entry:

The Glen

Here is v0.9 of Watkins Glen. There are still a few minor things I want to add but it is the busiest time of year for me so I figured I would put out a 0.9 until things slow down a bit. plus I need a little break from this.

There are way too many things to list as far as changes but I will point out the main ones.
  • Track grip is a bit higher now from .99 to 1.01.
  • Barricades added to bus stop cut as shown at previous IMSA race. Also the cut surface slows you down some. So...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.jpg

did you sell your soul for the talent? :roflmao:

Evidence was shown to me that at .99 that laptimes from various cars were too low compared to their real life counterparts. Changing it to 1.01 brought it closer to real life times.
that's not down to track grip, it is down to kunos tyres, and most of the drivers uncapable, but mostly kunos tyres, i think you shouldn't compromise your track to that, grip levels are now unrealistic, now racing gt cars feels arcadish, no brake lockup, no powerslide :/
But then if you drive a mod that has proper tyre grip, it's too much

For example now GT3 cup car is 3 seconds faster than real life and that is with 98% grip

evidence and that is with previous version http://www.not.nu/server2/

that's not down to track grip, it is down to kunos tyres, and most of the drivers uncapable, but mostly kunos tyres, i think you shouldn't compromise your track to that, grip levels are now unrealistic, now racing gt cars feels arcadish, no brake lockup, no powerslide :/
But then if you drive a mod that has proper tyre grip, it's too much

For example now GT3 cup car is 3 seconds faster than real life and that is with 98% grip

evidence and that is with previous version http://www.not.nu/server2/
So the previous version had 0.99 grip. Those laptimes are done with a 98% multiplier on that, so it's really 0.97. To take three seconds off of the time, you'd have to reduce it to roughly 94% of what it was. So then you're looking at needing an overall grip of about 0.91, which is as slippery as the curbs on most tracks. Clearly there's an issue with the car.

I did not compare to RL lap times, but I raced with the Caterham Academy and the JCW Mini on the updated track today. To me that did not feel as unrealistic grip level.

So the previous version had 0.99 grip. Those laptimes are done with a 98% multiplier on that, so it's really 0.97. To take three seconds off of the time, you'd have to reduce it to roughly 94% of what it was. So then you're looking at needing an overall grip of about 0.91, which is as slippery as the curbs on most tracks. Clearly there's an issue with the car.
i'd say letting grip to 98 or 99 should be enough even if laptimes do not match, but increasing to 1.01 it just makes cars in AC feel glued to the track but hey i'm just saying, it's not my track, so do watever you prefer

Yes, their is clearly something wrong with this Car(ACRL Cup Car). I looked it up, and it is a modified GT3 Cup Version from Kunos, with better Physics/Suspension, so the Car is alot Faster through Corners etc.

I just ran some laps in the ACRL Porsche (v0.7 with 98% grip) and was also in the mid-1:48s. Tested one of my cars that's been verified at 4 other tracks in AC and it was exactly where its lap times should be (with v0.9); would have been too slow before the update.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%