Was rFactor 2 Beta worth your expectations?

Of course i agree that is a beta and maybe im wrong,time will show or updates will show.. :)

But i dont agree that formula reanult is like that.I mean it can be dificult car etc or spin very easy..i can accept all that.Im not accepting for not feeling the weight or the rear tyres in slow corners.
As u said FFB in formula renault its not great.U can see clearly the diference with the 60's formula.

U said i have to set it up right.Pls tell me what to do!

Edit: guys im searching how to send a pm and i cant find a button lol..pls help me

Also PLEASE remember, this is a BETA, many, many things are far from optimised, more are not even turned on......I keep saying this :)

This ^ I think people where expecting to much from a Beta that's no where near complete, remember iR was not complete when it first come out, developing the game will continue and improvements will keep going on. This is just a taste of what's to come, but mainly a beta to get feedback from the community for ISI to improve it all from that feedback and then add all the features which are missing in the beta into the final released version, and keep developing new features / changes etc as time goes on.

No.

I said lets w8 its a beta but then i read a post saying if in these 3 years of development couldnt make things work how it can be done in 6 months?

Just spent another 2 hours with it and have to agree with the above. And to reiterate my previous point it looks hardly any different from the original - they are still miles behind IRacing and I am disappointed because after all this time i was expecting something fantastic.

Just spent another 2 hours with it and have to agree with the above. And to reiterate my previous point it looks hardly any different from the original - they are still miles behind IRacing and I am disappointed because after all this time i was expecting something fantastic.

Well, a lot of people say that you have to compare RF1 as it started with RF1 in its final state, then think what RF2 could be. I personally don't agree, I would think, looking at RF1 as it is right now, one should think what RF2 should be. It might be a beta, yes, but IMHO it should start where RF1 ends, and it actually feels like several steps back.

Dont agree. Maybe with some graphic detail (wich isnt finished yet) 2 or 3 rF1 mods look better.
But the whole new engine, tyre deformation, drying line etc idea is so much further then rF1 already it just needs to get fully used yet. And imo we cant judge rF2 yet atm.
We have a better view in 6 months. :)

I still have to see the importance of the tyre deformation (something I cannot see from the cockpit, ever), meanwhile the cars handling is dodgy. Maybe the classic formula is supposed to be like it is, but I am pretty sure a modern megane is not that difficult to drive. It brakes dammed awful at 100 kph, my corsa handles better... and better not to talk about the modern formula. So, it's a beta, it has just 3 (categories) of car, and 66% of them don't handle right... awesome tyre model...

This is not what i expected...
ATI5850 every graphic settings in game is full or on: max 45 frames offline alone on track (Megane)
and everything is set to low / of i have still around 45 frames. There is something goin g wrong for ATI users, with Directx9 there has to be more more frames.
And what did really change: graphic looks bad, FFB is little better than rf1...but it´s still a beta and ISI got my money, fine!!!
GTR Evolution, even annother older game, still looks much better today and the FFB feels better too.
ISI, there is a lot of work to do and i ask myself what did ISI do over the last 7 years....unbelievable.

Hi there I had the ATI 5850 make sure u got supersampling OFF in the CCC
Ive just changed Graffix card to a GTX570 hell alot better

Hi everybody;

Just a remider for dissapointed : this beta's purpose is to give modders time and opportunity for learning new stuff, it is not even considered "production beta" and addressed mainly to modders. MANY things are not implemented/turned on/optimized (e.g. weather, flatspotting). You can find all the info on ISI forums. I believe judging the final product by this pre-release is a complete mistake.

...and yes, it is what I expected (from beta) :).

Quite disappointed but I know it's still a Beta and much work to be done, I have no doubts the final product will be way better but at this moment in time I prefer pCars.
Not really:
A beta product should have all or nearly all features in-game. But some may be buggy or not completed
An alpha product, which is pCARS has not all features in-game.

So what you're saying, is that pCARS is better, even if not all features are implemented yet. While rFactor is further down the road, but worse..

So what you're saying, is that pCARS is better, even if not all features are implemented yet. While rFactor is further down the road, but worse..

Yep. rF2 may have more of the features that will be in the finished product but they may not all be working 100%, FFB for one. I have to say I have enjoyed driving pCars more over the last week, I desperately want to see what MP is going to be like in pCars. One of the main disappointments I have with rF2 is that so far you can't race all cars on all tracks in MP.

I absolutely love rF1 and as I said I have no doubt I will love rF2 just as much.

To be fair i've only tried it briefly but it looks very similar to RFactor. The changes I have noticed so far could probably have been done by modding the original game. ... Not really sure what I was expecting but it was more than this so for something that has been so eagerly awaited by so many, its a major disappointment.

100% me, I really have problems seeing this as a beta, if they say alpha, I am much more confident we'll have an excellent product down the line. if this really is beta and they have been working on it for some years, i get a little worried about my investment. but 'm fine to wait till september or october, if this release means the modders are now already busy working on mods that implement driver swap, because that has always been rFactor's main attraction for me,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back